Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: BS changes

And I feel sorry for you.

You still cant understand that a bs where overpowered twinks farm PvP points at the expense of leveling toons is a bad premise. It pisses of the people with leveling toons and makes a PvP twink an effort without reward. It may dawn on you some day. Hummm, probably not.

There is no blinder person then the one who doesnt want to see. "Folksy wisdom"
    Gustatus similis pullus.

believe it or not there was a time when i was levelling my first toon. a time when having a set of miys, ql 200 imps and a pair of cdr's was considered the pinnacle of wealth in my eyes. back then i fondly remember going to the tl5 bs and getting rolled by multi-billion credit twinks and thinking "damn, one day im gonna have a toon like that". you're sadly mistaken if you think i don't remember the frustration of being undergeared. however i also remember the satisfaction of finally reaching endgame and having a finished toon.

having such a large powergap gives levelling toons something to strive for. it's a showcase of what's to come. and if it's your first toon? you make do with what you have and strive to improve instead of whining about nerfing everyone else. watching your toon improve in a pvp environment is one of the most rewarding things in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    Thanks for the advice, omw to farm me a Scimitar of Spetses on my level 150 advy as we speak. And a full set of combined armor. And..... OH **** I accidentally a whole level 220 toon while trying to get gear for a decent PvP toon at level 150.
    Spetses can be bought as it is not NODROP, same goes for combined, do S10, sell relays, and get the alien levels you will need for a pvp character at the same time.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Vaniga 220 Doc - Revolver 220 Sol - Gadaffy 220 Agt - Dukenukem 220 Nt
    Exclusive 220 Keep - Niradriel 220 Shd - Kranglefant 220 Enf - Epicac 220 Crt
    Twintekker 220 Eng - Pjusk 216 Trd - Whitestarr 220 Ma - Eastwood 210 Adv
    Onyxia 150 Shotgun Ma - Envictus 200 Enf - Smug 150 Keeper -

Quote Originally Posted by Lusos101 View Post
    And I feel sorry for you.

You still cant understand that a bs where overpowered twinks farm PvP points at the expense of leveling toons is a bad premise. It pisses of the people with leveling toons and makes a PvP twink an effort without reward. It may dawn on you some day. Hummm, probably not
    How about opening both battlestations, the new "improved", and the good old. Lets see what people prefer, or even keep both. It would probably balance out alot of things aswell.
    People that have worked their asses of to get their character pvp geard could be in one BS and the "i have ql 100 imps on lvl 200 powerlvled on kiting and have no clue what buffs to cast"ones, can use the other. Or even better, put every class in different BS's. Soldiers in one, doctors in one... That would elliminate even more balance issues since everyone basicly is the same. If we get a shop where you can buy endgame pvp armor aswell, for lets say 1500 crds pr part, there would be no difference in setup either. So, remove treatment and stats req from symbs, and make them buyable from a shop for nothing. Then everyone can be their best at any given level, and we wont need to whine about other players being better equipped or twinked. It's easy.
    Maxence - 220 Agent - Adventia - 220 Adventurer
    Fantasy - 217 Meta-Physicist - Stratoz - 206 Fixer
    Rasterbator - 220 Soldier - Xplozif - 220 Nano Technician
    Bodhidharma - 220 Martial Artist - Maxena - 220 Bureaucrat

I like how the ability to spawn outside your "arm" of the BS (A for omni, B for clan) means there is no one spot people can hang out to spawn camp. (like at the teleporters if spawning was limited to the spots in your home arm). IMO, this makes for a less frustrating experience for gimp leveling characters (like my own up-and-coming lowbie), as you can bypass some twinks and actually accomplish some capping.
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    I like how the ability to spawn outside your "arm" of the BS (A for omni, B for clan) means there is no one spot people can hang out to spawn camp. (like at the teleporters if spawning was limited to the spots in your home arm). IMO, this makes for a less frustrating experience for gimp leveling characters (like my own up-and-coming lowbie), as you can bypass some twinks and actually accomplish some capping.
    I really "love" this to. Since they implemented this i can just join with any gimped character without implants in medsuit and spawn at any cap point, cap and go in turret. Means the opponent have to go in mech before they can cap back. When im killed i just spawn at another cap point and repeat until win...

Quote Originally Posted by Maxencee View Post
    I really "love" this to. Since they implemented this i can just join with any gimped character without implants in medsuit and spawn at any cap point, cap and go in turret. Means the opponent have to go in mech before they can cap back. When im killed i just spawn at another cap point and repeat until win...
    I did this with my fixer with a treatment rifle and medsuit actually, to get vp so i could get the research attunement devices.
    Worked like a charm.

Also, if you /terminate while in decon room, and run and cap lets say C.
    You will die shortly after, and you will be able to run to A or B to get those aswell.
    Vaniga 220 Doc - Revolver 220 Sol - Gadaffy 220 Agt - Dukenukem 220 Nt
    Exclusive 220 Keep - Niradriel 220 Shd - Kranglefant 220 Enf - Epicac 220 Crt
    Twintekker 220 Eng - Pjusk 216 Trd - Whitestarr 220 Ma - Eastwood 210 Adv
    Onyxia 150 Shotgun Ma - Envictus 200 Enf - Smug 150 Keeper -

Quote Originally Posted by Niradriel View Post
    I did this with my fixer with a treatment rifle and medsuit actually, to get vp so i could get the research attunement devices.
    Worked like a charm.

Also, if you /terminate while in decon room, and run and cap lets say C.
    You will die shortly after, and you will be able to run to A or B to get those aswell.
    Working as intended

Impossible to play stealth, subterfuge, sniping, doing jumps...evacs etc...

I don't pay to win BS, I pay to play a profession. Please revert the changes and invisible walls

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    Impossible to play stealth, subterfuge, sniping, doing jumps...evacs etc...

I don't pay to win BS, I pay to play a profession. Please revert the changes and invisible walls
    no one stole your H key. it's still functional. also, plenty of agents and shades still abuse the sneak bug that was around in the old bs where you'd break attack and enter sneak mode after zoning through a teleporter while being an asshair away from death. so no. it's very possible to play stealth, subterfuge, sniping, doing jumps... evacs etc...

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    no one stole your H key. it's still functional. also, plenty of agents and shades still abuse the sneak bug that was around in the old bs where you'd break attack and enter sneak mode after zoning through a teleporter while being an asshair away from death. so no. it's very possible to play stealth, subterfuge, sniping, doing jumps... evacs etc...
    Thats not 'playing stealth' and sniping you know...

sure it is. press h to sneak, o to snipe. it's not very complicated. and it's no different from waht it was in the old bs.

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    sure it is.
    No, its not. We expect more sophisticated gameplay from devs in 2011 and the product we pay for.

We expect more sophisticated gameplay from devs in 2011 and the product we pay for.
    Please revert the changes and invisible walls
    so do you want 2011 or do you want 2007? pick one and stick to it

How about no? Focus on whats being posted.

I have found quite a few places since I've been playing my agent in BS again. Just because I cannot be 40 meters in the air and completely safe from any melee profession or pet for 2 minutes does not mean I am being denied a playstyle befitting my agent.

You guys complain too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Maxencee View Post
    Oh, no! A BS tactic that does not require gearing up to kill other players! This cannot be!

(I kinda miss cocoon- and DoF capping, though, as those used to handily defeat this type of single-turret defense).
    Hlep gnak!

Quote Originally Posted by Redbar View Post
    Oh, no! A BS tactic that does not require gearing up to kill other players! This cannot be!

(I kinda miss cocoon- and DoF capping, though, as those used to handily defeat this type of single-turret defense).
    Thing is, if someone was actually defending that point then there would never have been a chance for that gimp in a med-suit to even cap.

We all could just go back to the point where 6 people were spawn camping 4 others for an entire round of BS and having almost nothing you could do to stop it?

Mech and anti-mech combat should be more advanced and have unique steering-performance + controlls.

After the BS-daily it's been lots of complaints from players with less experience (and intrest) in pvp. People not used to real-time combat, prediction, strategy, tools and clever use of game-mechanics/terrain from their opponents, so...I think thats why FC were so excessive and ignorant.

One solution is to make pvp-gear and pvp-builds faster and easier to obtain. And profession-repetoir of course.

That will not dumb down pvp or 'the complexity' but make pvp enjoyable for more people.
    Last edited by Lletah; Jul 31st, 2011 at 23:40:02.

One solution is to make pvp-gear and pvp-builds faster and easier to obtain. And profession-repetoir of course.
    Actually, I think that would be the opposite of what you want, it would mean more people with pvp gear in bs to farm those who havent twinked yet, and a less rewarding experience for those who did work very hard to earn their edge.

If it becomes *easier* to acquire the top end gear then the "average" player will be ones who already have the top end setups, while those still learning and leveling are totally screwed and need to work even more and subject themselves to even worse punishment in bs before getting their toon competitive. Think: "I neeeed ado brain, I neeeeed top symbs, I neeeed combined armor, dbq nanos.. etc", If it was difficult and most people didn't have them then it would be a bonus, something to work towards to get an edge, rather than a hindrance or chore to deal with before you are adequately setup and may compete.

However, If gear was *more difficult* to obtain there would be less people running around in full combined and more in fairly modest setups meaning more varied and balanced pvp experience like we used to see prior to the s10 revamp, lox, and dailies.

For example: I can compete and pvp well on my leveling enforcer in the 151-200 bs just fine, there's plenty of people similarly equipped and practically no topped out twinks because it's so difficult to finish research and twinking that most do not attempt it, or simply havent completed it yet. However if I took a leveling toon to the 101-150 bs, I'd get totally crushed by the dozens of topped out toons that took about a week to setup and twink. Now if they made it easier to get 200/30/70 and to aquire twinking items... well that'd be a complete nightmare for leveling toons and casual pvpers.

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast