Thread: SSC "Bastion" Back Armor - Bug or intentional?

SSC "Bastion" Back Armor - Bug or intentional?

SSC "Bastion" Back Armor - Collatz

Wearer Modify NanoCost 2%

is it intentional or bugged(may be it should be -2%) ?
    MyNameIsCani 220 Trox Solja
    Canibaal 215 Trox Enf
    Canifix 215 Trox Fix
    Pureevul 220 Trox Shade
    Canikeep 220 Trox Keeper
    Deathreturns 220 Solitus Doc
    Alphadawg 164 Opifex Fixer
    CanIKillYou 150 Solitus Adv
    Canistrikes 80 Nano Agent

Why shouldn't it be +2% ? Look at old tank armors.

Really, a 2% increase in cost when everyone can run around with capped cost is now seen as a very likely error. Just goes to show that whoever designed gear for most of the last 7 years didn't put enough proper thought into it ;(
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Funcom employee

It is, actually, supposed to be -2% and will be fixed in the next update. I believe Genele is also lowering some of the general requirements on the armour as well. =)
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    It is, actually, supposed to be -2% and will be fixed in the next update. I believe Genele is also lowering some of the general requirements on the armour as well. =)
    so ... 3 trox whine... and dev react ?
    // Break time //

/\/\ Newcomers Alliance General and LMAA co-founder /\/\
    Froob for 3 years :
    Gridpain, Nfurter, Slayie, Forcedevente, Asafart, Theshrike, Whipingwillow, Malaucrane, Karmapolice.

Sloob since 2009 :
    Coredumped,Needleworkr,Weepinwilljr,Gridpainjr,Bet amale,Lackwit,Dusttodust, Ouvreboite,Boohoohoo,Asafurt,Whatsthat,Aziraphale
    220, 220, 200, 164, 150, 116, 110, 82, 70, 57, 40, 21 ...

Trox powah!

I'm sad, though. WTB more impossible'ish gear and weird stuff like +2% nanocost.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Yeah the devs nearly made interesting armor for once
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

God forbid items being hard to equip for a change. Its sad how devs have forgotten what this game used to be about.

Jees. Reducing the requirements on it, just to satisfy troxes?
    WTF has happened to this effing game.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Blech. I liked it better the other way as well.

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannavald View Post
    God forbid items being hard to equip for a change. Its sad how devs have forgotten what this game used to be about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikey View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyrajayne View Post
    Blech. I liked it better the other way as well.

The armour isn't good enough to justify the current requirements in my view.
    Considering that getting such numbers in all skills simultaniously would be quite a challenge for some breeds.
    For example, the NT OFAB back item is (in my view) by far a more effective back item for the profession and far easier to equip on most breeds due to the self-buffs and nature of symbiants and perklines.

If they want this back item to ever be a viable option as something other than social for most of us - they'll have to do something.

"Ever" is a pretty big word, like some say it took several years before people even started thinking about QL300 symbiants.

I sort of agree with both camps, having 0 useful items in an instance because you're atrox with bad ability-support in symbiants is bad. Just like it was bad that shades couldn't keep the bracers from albtraum/DB2 out of OE for god knows how long.

What they should do however, just like symbiants is to have lower QLs of the same armor. If it started at QL200 and you then had to level it up to QL300 it would be perfectly fine that troxes can't keep the QL300 one out of OE, and fat nanomages could make the choice to keep the armor at QL275 or whatever for easy equipping/swapping, or go all the way to 300.
    Mamman-_ 220/28 Enforcer Pretty!!
    Fluortanten 220/30 Soldier
    Pebble__.i_ 220/27 Shade
    Dogfood_._ 220/23 Agent

Paradise.

STATUS OF KYAI: Not breathing

Oh God! Why Why?!!

Well, since you all changing the requires of Gauntlet items, take the oportunity to put there new armors breed specific, requiring 1.5k in 2~3 attributes to equip :3 And make then good!
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by Gridpain View Post
    so ... 3 trox whine... and dev react ?
    Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aikey View Post
    Oh, how about 1300str/sta, 1200agi, 1100int/psy, 1000sense ?

That interesting enough or too hard for the weakling breeds?
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by Warhead View Post
    Oh, how about 1300str/sta, 1200agi, 1100int/psy, 1000sense ?

That interesting enough or too hard for the weakling breeds?
    Is that supposed to be your idea of armor with impossible reqs? This wouldn't be even hard, endgame nanomage with support or control symbs will easily have close to 1k in every ability.

User Strength >= 1400 and
    User Agility >= 1400 and
    User Sense >= 1400 and
    User Expansion sets & Alien Invasion and
    User Treatment >= 2188

I belive is still the hardest single thing in game.

OFC that one is a symbiant. So not realy comparable, but maybe there is time for some new items which require abilities in range of 1500 at max QL
    Last edited by Ekarona; Nov 1st, 2011 at 23:49:13.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Is that supposed to be your idea of armor with impossible reqs? This wouldn't be even hard, endgame nanomage with support or control symbs will easily have close to 1k in every ability.
    Nanomage here, equip in sig. Confirmed. Lowest ability with just comp attrib is agility at 948.

Justice has been served, people whining atroxes whine, are infact no better. YO!

Lets stop complaining about other people complaining, shall we? I think this question has been resolved.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM