Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone completed the Enigma instance yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    But we know your fixer is teh gimp!
    no u!

Seriously though, gotta try this Engima instance, I like t-shirts.
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

stop arguing about stupid mp dd, rather discuss the new instance and post your experiences
    * Cryborg Nano-Technician - Have a shoulder to cry on!
    Aramlash Fixer - Can't catch me!
    Aramsunat Engineer - 4 Blockers of the Apocalypse

Devil Inside

Quote Originally Posted by Aramsunat View Post
    stop arguing about stupid mp dd, rather discuss the new instance and post your experiences
    not much to discuss. easy, long and boring. phatz kinda justify the work involved (300 lya pads)

./thread.

anyway mps's are pretty gimp dd amirite?

Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    mps are low dd. for the amount you have to invest into an mp to break 200k dpm you could have pumped into a real dd prof and broken 300k dpm.
    Doubt a real dd prof can heal as much as an MP, or lower nanocost, or NSD, or mezz, or Cmoch as well as an MP tho.

Support > DD. Any time of the day.

Troll feeding time is over.
    Neophyte Nerf"Shareida"Batted First Order
    Freshman Jefferey"Bailan2"Ginsberg - Retired
    Shareidah - First Order

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy View Post
    it's written in the bible.
    Matthew 23:13 "and the trader hath casteth bulk trader at the young age of 14. and it was good. and so he hath an extra 260 comp lit and he hath equippeth better ncu's. and it was good too.
    A Producer's point of view

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Doubt a real dd prof can heal as much as an MP, or lower nanocost, or NSD, or mezz, or Cmoch as well as an MP tho.

Support > DD. Any time of the day.

in a world where capped cost and top buffs being selfed is the norm, as well as mobs being un-nsdable i guess the mezz pet could be kinda nice if the crat went for bio.

Quote Originally Posted by Shareida View Post
    Troll feeding time is over.
    but im still hungry

Back when Knet was still around Srompu and I joined up but he didn't want to pay attention, so he put himself on /follow and I renamed my Rihwen Srompu. The monkey did enough damage to not get Srompu kicked from the raid.

Clearly MP's are PvM Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnykay View Post
    Back when Knet was still around Srompu and I joined up but he didn't want to pay attention, so he put himself on /follow and I renamed my Rihwen Srompu. The monkey did enough damage to not get Srompu kicked from the raid.

Clearly MP's are PvM Gods.
    Zomg! Sromp was slacking?!!!!

Btw... God forbid Bow MPs od Soldiers.
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Every off-topic post that you make, hurts the new content designer who is checking every morning for positive feed-back on his first instance. Come on, be part of this community, at least say something relevant to this topic.

/you're welcome

Hmm.. Interesting that this "New Instance" by the new designer was wrote up, fabricated, designed, reviewed, re-written, rendered, reviewed again, tested some more and implemented in less than one months time span for the process FC called "Hiring" for that position? Seems like they higher'd the new designer, then sent out the announcement they were looking for one. Passed your application across the desk and into the trash can to make it look like they were doing something. Can Fc be straight up about anything? Or do we all have to continually be jerked around? On top of the the risk vs reward = fail cause it's not worth it. I like it don't get me wrong, but getting a team for an instance that does not even scale for lower level characters with this type of risk vs reward is damn near impossible. So no, no one is going to complete it, even though we'd like to try.

Maybe the Enigma instance is there for the challenge rather than the reward?

Stop whining that you didn't get higher'd
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by MidgarClan View Post
    Hmm.. Interesting that this "New Instance" by the new designer was wrote up, fabricated, designed, reviewed, re-written, rendered, reviewed again, tested some more and implemented in less than one months time span for the process FC called "Hiring" for that position? Seems like they higher'd the new designer, then sent out the announcement they were looking for one. Passed your application across the desk and into the trash can to make it look like they were doing something. Can Fc be straight up about anything? Or do we all have to continually be jerked around? On top of the the risk vs reward = fail cause it's not worth it. I like it don't get me wrong, but getting a team for an instance that does not even scale for lower level characters with this type of risk vs reward is damn near impossible. So no, no one is going to complete it, even though we'd like to try.
    This instance was made as a fun challenge for Halloween by the new designer Michizure with help from Genele as the first bit of content he was going to produce. Yes this instance was made very quickly and with very little testing as it is very simple in nature. There is no "power" loot in the instance as it is more of a "how far did you make it" bit of content that is not going to be available all year round. If you don't want the social t-shirts etc then absolutely don't bother doing the content...unless you like a bit of challenge for fun . I don't understand how you feel this timeframe coincided with the hiring process or why you feel that you were "jerked around" at any point. It was a very tough decision once we got down to the final few candidates and it was great to see so many talented people out there for the next time we might need some fresh blood for the team
    Colin Cragg
    This "Means" Cake
    Past Game Director (2008-2011)

Quote Originally Posted by MidgarClan View Post
    Sadly, the bureaucratic nature of this society means that you often need to have a public application even when already decided who is going to get the job. Happens a lot; it's not just FC being jerks. And it might not even have happened here .

The instance sounds as a nice thing for a challenge, a bit more variation would make it more interesting I believe.
    Edta 200 NT, froob , Setup, General of NEPA, Raid Leader of TLfiveplus (Froob Raids)
    Neutral For Life, AO For Ever!
    Please, let Clan and Omni return to Neutral Clan/Omni Resignation forms!

oh i see, it's a cow level

It's not worth bringing pet professions there, because they will end up recasting pets every 2 waves... I did better on my soldier than on my crat, because the soldier doesn't require pets to do DD.
    RK1 - Malaxia - NM Bureaucrat (220/30/70) - Master of soloing
    RK1 - Telbruk - Solitus Soldier (220/30/59) - Mostly harmless
    RK1 - Telbewbs - Solitus Doctor (220/30/65) - Raiding assistant
    RK1 - Telbot - Atrox Adventurer (59/4) - Lovechild raid bot
    RK1 - Sumonia - NM Meta-Physicist (83/6) - Mochies totem
    RK1 - Coustaille - NM Engineer (52/0) - Totw Twink
    Test - Mala - Solitus Agent (220/30/70) - Council of Testers

President of Cosmic Forklift Inc. & General of Primal Evolution & Live Liaison of Council of Testers

Everything you need for your crat is here
    Testlive fun : MMOATP and more! Join us!

We did up 10 waves and had fun once we figured a strategy. We just had a doc,sold,enf, fix as we couldn't find any other takers!
    If we could do again, probably a good idea to bring agent for ubt as doc won't have time.

Hi Malaxia

Got to 19, going to do it again with 4 sols and 2 docs and see how it goes.
    Rollerblades 170/21 Trox Adv - Best RK2 TL5 PvPer

432-0 Duel Score
    Never died in BS
    Never died while flagged
    /tell Rollerblades for duels

Quote Originally Posted by Edta View Post
    Sadly, the bureaucratic nature of this society means that you often need to have a public application even when already decided who is going to get the job. Happens a lot; it's not just FC being jerks. And it might not even have happened here .

The instance sounds as a nice thing for a challenge, a bit more variation would make it more interesting I believe.
    That happens all the time. Most large companies even have policies to announce an opening INTERNALLY and then only go outside if none of the internal candidates fit well. That being said, most experienced managers have an idea of who they want to choose from for internal candidates already and often times the external job announcement is only done for EEOC / HR compliance purposes—however, you never know when outstanding external candidate may come through the door.
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by phybrizo View Post
    oh i see, it's a cow level
    You just made me youtube that!
    Hope d3 will have one too.
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12