Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ip/skills at 220

Ip/skills at 220

Hey guys
    My engi is soon turning 220 (218 atm) and I started to plan a bit for my setup with alphas in. Might also add that he is solitus and it won't be my main pvm char

What I cant decide is

1, skip mm? Do you max it? Isotos has some crazy recs for a 10sec duration and recs for top ac buff is quite high as well

2, are you able to self all other top nanos (with some hud , utils swap) even w/o eye alpha? Or even w/o right hand ( was planning to use a regular implant here with aimed shot )

3. Hp? More of a pvp question I guess but how much should I aim for? The nm I have seen seems to have quite low because of nm coon. At the moment I use full cc and ofab back, planned to get jathos body for more hp but I am only at 13k self right now even with hp perks

I have played around some with skill emulator but it's always good to ask as well
    Do you have any ip left at all at 220?

Thanks
    Afro

1) I favour maxing MM. iSoTOS lasts 7 minutes, not 10 seconds. The 10 second duration shown in the description refers to the base nano which the engineer casts and which casts the actual 7 minute buff into the NCU of both pets simultaneously. While there's always more things to spend IP on, truthfully engineers can easily max all critical skills and have plenty left over for optional extras at 220. I have chem maxed, for example, and enough other tradeskills to fabricate everything significant in the game (can't do a few oddball QL300 jobe clusters), despite maxed burst/AS and nearly maxed MR. There's no one correct way to allocate your IP in the end, but you won't be so short that you have to skimp on MM. I have to do one easy swap to recast iSoTOS.

2) Yes. Takes some swapping if you like to wear a bunch of HP gear in combat. I use an eye implant, but a r-hand symb. Swapping would still let me use all top nanos with a r-hand implant but it'd be a significantly greater hassle. I have 4 nanoskill items in that I swap out after casting all my nanos at the start of a BS round, and after that swap in infused ANE to refresh stuff mid-round.

3) 13k is far too low, since that will allow you to be very easily and frequently alphad. I haven't smashed together the numbers and my knowledge of modern alphas is in all fairness well out of date, but I think you will have severe issues below around 16k HP. The setup in my sig has me at about 17.5k HP. YMMV. I recommend trying different combinations of HP and AR gear until you find your sweet spot, where you stop dying too quickly to have an opportunity to react, but aren't so covered in meaty HP gear that you're unable to properly hurt people. I suggest experimenting in the 16k+ region.

You won't exactly have IP left at 220 since there's always *something* fun to spend it on; if nothing else, higher first aid will clean you out eventually, but there's a lot of options to play with even after maxing everything critical.
    Last edited by -Stage-; Jan 4th, 2012 at 02:02:18.
    <Lazy> who knew ao f*rum denizens were such homophobes?

Lordstage Free to do anything
    Byracka iddqd
    Battlespork Eats what he kills
    Bloodforbaal Utter bastard
    Pinealgland Too weird to live, and too rare to die
    Dagenham Radioactive courier
    Fascinated Elderly nature enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by afrofixaren View Post
    1, skip mm? Do you max it? Isotos has some crazy recs for a 10sec duration and recs for top ac buff is quite high as well
    don't skip MM. but don't max it either. raise it just enough to cast ISOTOS in buffing gear.
    for simplicity of item-swapping, consider jsut using the research HUD in addition to the skill libraries, this means more IP spent as you're skimping on the swap items, but you won't be swapping out full armor sets doing so.
    it's really a matter of playstyle. the 5K ACs is COMPLETELY OPTIONAL. the 3.5k ACs will be more then enough to push you and most team mates over the 10k AC mark. after 10k you'll hardly notice any difference. 5k ACs is just a matter of epeen preference imho. (and a huge IP sink)

2, are you able to self all other top nanos (with some hud , utils swap) even w/o eye alpha? Or even w/o right hand ( was planning to use a regular implant here with aimed shot )
    yes. as a grenade engi in crit gear, I cast everything with an EOE in, as long as I put in a few HUD items.

3. Hp? More of a pvp question I guess but how much should I aim for? The nm I have seen seems to have quite low because of nm coon. At the moment I use full cc and ofab back, planned to get jathos body for more hp but I am only at 13k self right now even with hp perks
    for PVP, the more, the better. your engi should be able to play the "outlasting" game against most non-healing professions, and nuke away the nanopool of the healing professions (but it takes time to do that)
    13k as a NM is more then I got on my NM. currently sits at 9.8K in full combat gear. when I used to PVP, I had 22k HP with doc buffs.
    then again, mine is no longer setup for PVP use and nanogimp isnt' the best breed option for it. however, the NM coon is great to have. pop that for instant 5k while bio coon is still being activated. this works very well against a single trox shade who will attempt to alpha-perk you. as soon as you find a shade heading in your direction, pop both coons, drop a snare mine, run backwards and keep your distance while the pets go at it. the downside is the 5 minute lock, but biocoon regens before then.

Do you have any ip left at all at 220?
    about 5.6K ip. I dumped the remainder into evades and preception for dredloch HUD, but only because I'm grenade and had the IP to spare.
    Last edited by Xyphos; Jan 4th, 2012 at 05:22:29.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

1. ISotOS is definitely MUST-HAVE, and even with 7.5 min duration I still prefer to cast it w/o any swapping, so have just enough MM to cast it in "normal" equip.

2. Yes. Only +nanoskills items I wear normally are ql300 NCU and enhanced Kegern's chest. Almost all symbs (except arms and r-wrist) still betas or normal ql260-280 ones. For 5K AC, Formula 22 and pet reflect I just swap HUD3 to LE nanoskills device, everything else casted in normal equip.

3. As NM engi I usually run around with ~15.5k HP selfed (armor setup similar to yours - CC, kegerns chest, ofab back and DB bracer), swapping left arul bracer to alby and 2-3 items in HUD/Utils raise it up to ~18k if/when necessary.

For some top-TSing need to swap 7 armor and 3 HUD items, B&E just enougth to clean ql200 implants. But still haven't IP to max dodge - at ~80% now and duck - at ~50%.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

FYI for the numerous trox engies out there all you need is the nano research hud and a 300 NCU to cast all nanos. My setup is betas, DD arms, EOE and alpha right hand.

Simples!
    Manicmouse AR SMGs - 220/30 Clan Solitus Soldier - General of New Order
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Lazy: the caste system of ao today is clan > omni > wildlife > neuts.

Gatester: Crats have the best toolset for supporting a team in PVE.
    Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Quote Originally Posted by Manicmouse View Post
    FYI for the numerous trox engies out there all you need is the nano research hud and a 300 NCU to cast all nanos.
    Good lord, that sounds absolutely horrible. I will continue to steer people away from choosing that path, as I remember what a gargantuan pain in the arse it was to have to swap VE for research device. Kudos for making the effort o.O

Byracka iddqd

Get fgrid.
    Act Well your part, for Within lies all honor.

---------------------------------------------------

Darkwillow : *°°° Queen of Storm *°°°
    Milk 'Hotcow' Factory ^^MOO MOO^^
    Thomas 'Ceryx' Tomato
    --Blackmail--
    Kiyoko 'Purk' Whites
    Shu 'Zecret' Shan

Browsing since 2002.

Quote Originally Posted by -Stage- View Post
    Good lord, that sounds absolutely horrible. I will continue to steer people away from choosing that path, as I remember what a gargantuan pain in the arse it was to have to swap VE for research device. Kudos for making the effort o.O
    I am swapping a VTS for the research device which is instant, and dread sniper's friend for NCU which is instant. I only have to do it every 7 mins!

Right click nano research hud to equip.
    Right click NCU to equip.
    Cast ISOSOTOSOS.
    Right click VTS to equip.
    Manually move Sniper's friend to equip (or it goes to HUD3).

6 clicks!

How is that absolutely horrible? o.O
    Lawmaker Pistols - 220/30 Clan Atrox Bureaucrat | Sellyoursoul Shotgun - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Trader
    Adiee Pistols - 220/30 Clan Solitus Doctor | Boltcutter MA - 220/30 Clan Atrox Engineer | Anorexia - 220/30 Clan Nanomage Enforcer

Aramsunat: WRONG! The team supports the crat if the crat is unable to solo (which is rare)!

Most use VE for the AS buff, which has 10 second or so swap time. That's what's painful.
    Waiting for a cure.

im 220/30/70 trox eng, in crit/hp setup, not finish alphas symbs, (need some org with contracts)
    to cast pets(all buffs) just need swap Infused Ancient Nano Enhancer and LE hud3.
    to cast ISOTOS just swap LE hud3.

eng trox are sexi
    http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/4949/scrn0251.png
    Last edited by L17f; Jan 5th, 2012 at 20:18:01.

Sorry but mine is sexier!

http://imageshack.us/f/189/scrn0003.png/
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Gauntlet armour and sexy shouldn't be in the same sentence! You look like a sci fi xmas tree.

Yeah I can imagine the VE swap is a pain with it being 10s. Not an issue for MA engie

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=174791

1) AC buff i use the 3500 one , i got 1900 ish MM maxed (swaping hud 2/util alb+db3 to cast isotos)

2) I need swap hud 3+hud2+util 1 and 3 to cast reflect,F22 and team bloker. Otherwise hud 2+ util 1 and 3 are enough for all other buff

3) 19K,2 hp not that bad to survive most alpha.
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyphos View Post
    as soon as you find a shade heading in your direction, pop both coons, drop a snare mine, run backwards and keep your distance while the pets go at it. the downside is the 5 minute lock, but biocoon regens before then.
    Don't follow this advice. When Up against a shade be conservative with your absorbs, coon should be enough to soak up the PM part.

Now if the shade goes and kites you to wait for PM to pop back up, just simply snare mine or root graft, if this doesn't work or your root grafts are down wait for the shade to double take back to you, pop the 5k and BR and you should be fine for another alpha.
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

"Pop both coons"? Err correct me if I'm wrong but absorbs don't stack?
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Tnx for all The replies 219 now so are starting to get closer to put alphas on,
    The setup I am aiming for is kinda similar to yours drist, thanks for sharing it! Atm I think amep+ onehander is the weapons I will use and maybe try to use a yata for more range

How high as do you guys reach? Troaler needs so much to cap recharge but it might be easier then I think.
    I assume none of you have ip in nano pool either?

/Afro

The setup I am aiming for is kinda similar to yours drist, thanks for sharing it! Atm I think amep+ onehander is the weapons I will use and maybe try to use a yata for more range

How high as do you guys reach? Troaler needs so much to cap recharge but it might be easier then I think.

/Afro
    1650-1700 is where you're going to cap out unless you drop serious HP for supple bits. Capping AS on troaler is no problem. Artillery crep chest or sniper's friend help getting the last few points. IP in nanopool is only useful for those totw stims... and I don't think you need any for those at 220.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Louderer789 View Post
    "Pop both coons"? Err correct me if I'm wrong but absorbs don't stack?
    I assume that he required the NM absorb to stay alive during the bio cocoon execution time.

Byracka iddqd

/Afro
    1650+ AS skill without droping HP ( you need hp to absorb alpha or perform well in 2 vs you alone ) and as mostadio said you dont really need ip in nano pool.
    About the amep+oh, you will get higher AR but the range of Oh is a pain really (people will kite you all the time in open area pvp). And i find you dont really perk to kill people (except doc/agent/engi ofc) if you can manage your pet, and press O all 11 sec :>.

yea i used onehander on my fixer when i played him, tho with Yatamutchy Movement Predictor -Xl1 i can get some extra range w/o sacrificing that much imo

i just played around with skillemu and damn i find ip tight!

i guess that maxing out shotgun really hurts

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast