Thread: IDEAS Factory

Originally posted by Crisalys

Jobe Warp - Omni, Clan and Neutral NTs have individual and Team Warps to their respective main cities,
    Actually the neutral team versions are for all practical purposes unusable. A team of 5 neuts and one sided player is considered sided, and has to use the sided warp nano. If the NT is part of the neutral majority, the team isn't going anywhere.

It would make much more sense for the neutral versions to check caster alignment only, and not team alignment.

I was unaware of the inherent problem with Neutral Team Warp Nanos (but it sounds like a suggestion for the Bugs Thread ).

A Jobe Warp Nano wouldn't need to be sided. It wouldn't matter whether the player or team was Omni, Clan, or Neutral- as long as the Nano Technician had the nano requirements.

The only reason for a Jobe Warp Nano would be to permit a player to get to Jobe from anywhere in the Shadowlands- as Rubi-Ka Warps do not work in Shadowlands, the Jobe Warps would not work on Rubi-Ka.

Extending the concept a little further, instead of a single nano crystal, how about a whole Nanoline of Jobe Warps? I mean, there are four sections to Jobe, (The Harbor, The Market, The Plaza and The Platform), and four specializations that are needed to be completed... the QL50 (Warp Time & Space: Jobe Harbor), QL100 (Warp Time & Space: Jobe Market), QL150 (Warp Time & Space: Jobe Plaza), and QL200 (Warp Time & Space: Jobe Platform), nanos would be ideal.

Cris

I was unaware of the inherent problem with Neutral Team Warp Nanos (but it sounds like a suggestion for the Bugs Thread ).
    It's not a bug... its working 'as intended.'

Extending the concept a little further, instead of a single nano crystal, how about a whole Nanoline of Jobe Warps? I mean, there are four sections to Jobe, (The Harbor, The Market, The Plaza and The Platform), and four specializations that are needed to be completed... the QL50 (Warp Time & Space: Jobe Harbor), QL100 (Warp Time & Space: Jobe Market), QL150 (Warp Time & Space: Jobe Plaza), and QL200 (Warp Time & Space: Jobe Platform), nanos would be ideal.

Cris
    do you know how close those 4 playfields are ? :d
    Warp jobe platform would be enough IMHO
    Mirmydia NT 220/12 gear Account closed. why ? I'm NT
    Mirmygun Soldier 207/1 gear

The fun nanopool burn ultra DD special is cool... Should be an NT unique ability that was available from lvl 1, or possibly later on. Taking into account the lower lvl SL mobs and their high HP, this one doesn't get all that powerful. Especially with like a 2 minute recharge.

Balance you say? Uhm, how about nearly every other prof in the game being able to hit 15k special attacks with few second recharges?
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

I sat down and typed out a few random ideas for a different thread, but this one is more applicable. Please excuse the parroted ideas.

Omauron - 161

Random silly nano ideas:

Allow the ability to "upload" a nuke to the cyber deck so that it will autocast that nuke when in attack mode.

A nano line that will summon a nuking "pet" that cannot be controlled like a traditional pet but rather simply follows the NT and casts on the NT's fighting target. I visualize a little floating sphere of energy. The pet could be invulnerable but could be nuked (or calmed or blinded or rooted) by the NT and the pet would then cast that nano.

A nano line of reflect shields that dynamically modulate their reflection amount of each damage type according to the type of damage the NT is receiving. e.g., if the NT is repeatedly hit by energy damage, the reflect energy property would increase while reflection rates of other damage types would decrease. As time passes where the NT is not being damaged, reflection rates would slowly even out again.

A nano line of "debuff walls" that, when active, provide a chance to reflect a negative effect, e.g. stun, root, nsd; back at the caster. Could alternatively provide a chance to reflect special attacks like burst, fullauto, brawl.

A line of self teleports where a destination could be preset and saved by standing at the intended future destination and pressing a key (etc).

A nano line of delayed-effect aoe meteor attacks. Meteors could be spotted and avoided unless target is rooted. (meteors are cool.)

A line of nanos that would temporarily shift the NT's body partially into the shadowlands dimension. The NT would be invulnerable but would be unable to take any action or be aided in any way. Could presumably buy time for the tank to regain aggro in a group PvM situation. Poor man's nullity sphere.

A nano line that would summon a harmless, temporary clone of the NT who would shadow the NT's actions and draw aggro from monsters.

A nano line that would drain all the nano from a dying target if used before the target becomes a corpse. (during death animation)

A line of deflection "shields" that would be cast on hostile targets. While active, a portion of all damage the NT receives would be redirected to that target.

A line of "nano shields" that would absorb a portion of damage with nano points instead of hp. Typical mage defense.

A line of nanos that the NT could cast on mobs or other players that would temporarily polymorph the NT to look like the target. No effect other than fun and confusion.

A nano line that would summon an impassable ring of fire around the NT, keeping melee attackers away. The wall would also effectively trap the NT while active.

A nano that allows the NT to melt through locked doors. (but not chests)

A nano that would summon an immobile energy sphere to the NT's location. The sphere would shock any hostile that came within a modest range. If the NT targeted the sphere and cast Izgimmer's Last Word on it, the sphere would detonate, inflicting tremendous damage on everything in a wide area.

A nano line that is an alternate root that encases the target in ice and does cold damage over time. If a nano that uses physical damage (projectile or melee) is used on the frozen target, the ice violently bursts, inflicting a great deal of bonus damage.

A nano line of "charging" nukes that are used in this manner: The nuke is cast (1.0s attack) and begins "charging". An effect is uploaded to the NT's ncu to allude to this. The NT can cast other nukes while the charging nuke charges. If the NT casts the charging nuke again while the charge effect is still active, the nuke will cast, inflicting an amount of damage proportional to the amount of time it charged. If 2 or more lines of charging nukes were introduced, the different lines could be cast to charge simultaneously while casting traditional nukes.

A line of nanos that would summon professional artists to upgrade existing nuke graphics. Some examples of animations that require some tinkering are "the zigzag blue line" or "the zigzag green line with spiral of green dots" or "the vektor animation only with more zigzagginess".

...all I'm saying is, see what a
    wonderful world it would be if only
    we would give it a chance.

-Louis Armstrong

Life is suffering.

-Buddha

The Past
    God: In comic format

Fun ideas in that last post wtb them ingame
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast