Thread: tradeskill docs ?

tradeskill docs ?

hi

seemingly docs are pretty decent at tradeskills, especially NP + Pharma Tech, due to the fact that we can switch implants the easiest of all professions, which makes us fairly flexible on top of maxxed (per title) trades.

right now i have pharma tech and NP skills maxed, with just implants and general buffs pharma goes over 1k and NP just over 1100, this is on the TL5 skill caps. both of these seem to be very effective to me the way they are now, i can do some refined imps (up to about ql 208-210) and of course jobe as well, still cant do ql 220 jobe imps though, but once i get about 195 + trader buff i will be.

are tehre any other seriously usefull tradeskills that docs can do and be effective at them ? yes i have seen the websites, but the 2 i mentioned above are indeed very practical and fairly widely used and needed. are there any other trades that have just as much demand or are just as usefull ? what are otehr docs doing for trades ?

I maxed WS, EE, NP, Pharmacy, CL and B&E.

The EE/Pharmacy/B&E combo is used to make Treatment libraries.
    The WS hum was raised for my 15% scope so I figured I could help some fixers get their smg made. You don't need to up it
    The NP is for implants!
    The Pharmacy is also used for a lot stimms and monster parts.
    The B&E is fun to use to disassemble (remove clusters) implants.

At 200 I can get around 1250 pharmacy, 1250 CL, 1300+ NP, 1000ish EE, 1010 B&E.

This is including outside buffs.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

<-- can make anything in game except ql200+ nano and ql190+ towers neither of which i care about

and with our treatment swapping imps in is easy people come to me at raids in the middle of no where i put on a couple med suit pieces hit the surgergy kit and swap imps whlie waiting for notum soldier or oe to spawn

960 self buffed treatment - with medsuit chest/pants/gloves/ 1 sleeve

can make all ql200 armor self buffed
    can make up to ql190 nanos self buffed after that the reqs on carb rocks seem to sky rocket along with nano reqs

vt eggs make alot of cash so does armor making so i would suggest maxing me/ee/chemistry if youre wanting to make da fatty cash then raise pt/np and finally weapon smt

nanos are a pain in the ass and i try to avoid them at all costs
    3 steps to refine the carb rock and 4 more steps to completing the nano and people like to give you BAGS FULL at a time

before 190 you need at least 400 in tutoring to use a ql80ish chemistry tutoring device to get you right around 900 which is needed for ql200 cas/bronto/carb doing it self buffed that is

hopefully makes sense writing this while doing lowbie missions on my enf i know a few more docs have all tradeskills maxed maybe they will comment a little
    BettyRoss (A) dont ever turn yer back on a shady motha backstab4lyfe
    Gwend (A) The original complete healing engineer
    wtts :: prof ring quests

the "i dont need punctuation" army

cool

ok, sounds good, now my question is what armor(s) can be made without that PPPE (hard or soft), or whatever that thing is called. since i am pretty sure i wont be geting one at all unless one of my twinks gets lucky to the extremes in which case i would still just sell/trade it.

also , how complicated is it to make the stims that give nano+health ?

and last question, is it possible to strip implants as a doc ? i thought only fixers could do that.

Plasma

I hear that making plasma from monster parts is a good way to make money.

How much does the plasma sell for? Or do we make something else with the plasma?

Does it matter what level the monster - from which the monster parts come from - is?

Thanks!

Re: Plasma

Originally posted by Oddler
    I hear that making plasma from monster parts is a good way to make money.

How much does the plasma sell for? Or do we make something else with the plasma?

Does it matter what level the monster - from which the monster parts come from - is?

Thanks!
    It's a good way to make money at low levels.
    High levels, blood plasma sells for about as much as a normal piece of boss loot.

Higher levels, Pharma Tech is used to combine some of the new JobeClusters, or refined Nanoclusters into refined implants.

Pharma Tech is also used to create Restoration Kits which are stims that add +health and +nano, and can also make emergency treatment libraries which heal for much more health than the ones you buy in shops or find in missions.

I would invest IP in Pharma Tech when you have extra ip, if for the simple reason that its green, cheap, and almost nobody raises it except for Doctors anyway.

Re: cool

Originally posted by Hollowbyte
    ok, sounds good, now my question is what armor(s) can be made without that PPPE (hard or soft), or whatever that thing is called. since i am pretty sure i wont be geting one at all unless one of my twinks gets lucky to the extremes in which case i would still just sell/trade it.

also , how complicated is it to make the stims that give nano+health ?

and last question, is it possible to strip implants as a doc ? i thought only fixers could do that.
    cas
    barter
    something else im forgetting atm i think

can be made without pppe and youll most likely get the most cash from cas making not carb or bronto :x

anyone can strip implants the device is bugged

aaaaand its pretty simple to make the nano kits takes 3 pieces 2 of which cost your soul check out http://www.kuren.org/ao/howto/pharmatech/stims.php for kit creation and ql crap

the emergency labs now imo arent worth it to make with the 30s blind effect and no one ever wants them made

Question for Gwend/Letah/Sheffy

I just hit 168, a rifle doc, have NP and Pharma maxed.. All but SI and PM maxed.. Figure I have 3-4 levels to finish maxing my evades.. maybe 5.. anyways.. I love the idea of being able to make most things in the game as a doc.. did you have to skimp on skills Gwend, or did you really have a ton of IP left over after 170ish?

To Letah and Sheffy: Do you guys have any IP left now that you're 200? Or is it all spent?

Thanks!

Mediccus

I have 215k left.
    I'm currently saving it in case I need it for anything new which gets introduced into the game.

Regarding tradeskills, I have:

Chemistry maxed
    Psychology maxed
    Comp Lit maxed
    Nano Programming maxed
    Pharma Tech maxed
    Elec Eng up to 500
    Weapon Smithing up to 375

i had 300 in all evades until 180ish if that tells you anything

now everything is maxed and all is sexy

ME 550 towers
    Weapon Smithing 300 items
    Chemistry max pvp perks
    Comp Lit max
    Nano Programming max
    Pharma Tech max
    tutoring max to max the rest

gat to many ips any way

Hehe, such an old thread.

In todays day and age, doctors with all these trade skills are pretty much dont exsist anymore (unless they dont plan to get much farther than level 200).

I had 1.5m IPs left when I dinged 200, now at 204, I think I have around 250k - 300k left.

I do have NP and PT skills maxed, but thats it. Maybe it's different in level 215+ range, but I'll have to wait and see....
    Linxz, 209 Doctor
    Tripleload, 170 Soldier
    Nulinx, 150ish NT

My only tradeskills are pharmacy and nanoprogramming. I had to raise NP to get the Jones vest on and maxed it at 200 but haven't raised it since, I think I can get around 1050 without fiddling around with implants.

Pharmacy I maxed at lvl 200 and haven't raised it since either.

As to monster parts I get like 48K in clan shops per QL 200 monster parts, so a bag full which is normal for a usual heckler outing nets me a mill or so....Traders can get like 75k or more for them but I'm too lazy to hunt a trader up.
    LVL 220 Vanguard Out to pasture
    LVL 220 Eternalist researching
    LVL 220 Dictator Retired
    LVL 220 Field Marshal Resetting/twinking

LVL 220 Savior (researching)

Firetree Server, Horde of course

hehe. funny how all it seems everyone of the 200 pluss doc's say they have maxed pharma tech. i spent nearly 1mill creds rollin for 151 nano regeneration jobe clusters, but it has proven to be just as hard finding someone with the needed 800 pluss PT to assemble them :/ and i've bugged many a 200 pluss doc :P

/tell elviella
    if you neet Pharma tech

Originally posted by Letah
    I maxed WS, EE, NP, Pharmacy, CL and B&E.

At 200 I can get around 1250 pharmacy, 1250 CL, 1300+ NP, 1000ish EE, 1010 B&E.

This is including outside buffs.
    1010 B&E as doc? damn nice. r u sure? after all B&E is deep blue for docs...
    as lev 193 fixer i can have 1180 B&E, maybe some more with some items.
    vega2 RK2 fixer 213/13
    Unit Member of Genesis

yea but as letah said "with all outside buffs" thats prolly including ql 200 implants also

Thats triple imped + misc items + fixerbuff yeah.

As for this thread.. its 1.2years old..

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions