Thread: Implants for a doc... just checking if i understand it?

Implants for a doc... just checking if i understand it?

Looking at the great implant schemes by Letah... (thumbs up to you) i was wondering the following thing...

Isnt it full of "useless" implants?

I thought the only reason for these "useless" implants was to be able to make sure that you only need the base abilities you are good at...
    But the weaponless doc scheme needs Agil, Sta & Int...

I've recently begun a nano-mage doc and those abilities arent really what i need is it?... should i figure out a scheme that ONLY uses Psych and Int... or is this not possible?
    (I'm going to try to make my own scheme... But i was just wondering if its possible to just need these two abilities... or is that idle hope?)

thanks

you can with the nanonanny check which abilities are used. depending on which abs you want to up the imp will request diffrent base abilities.
    but you can build on only psy/int, mostley the shining cluster will demand which base abilitie that is recuired.
    Lady Dawina Gyllstjerna
    Squad Commander of Eternal Fury on Atlantean

Wink hmmm

Never forget...you will need to buff to get higher implants in.

Agility and Stamina are the easiest to buff (Iron Circle, Essence, Feline Grace, etc)

Intell and Psychic are the hardest to buff (Odin's Eye? MP self only). There are items that buff these...but some are weapons that you may not be able to equip easily.

Having a sky high treatment to get imps in is all well and good...but if you don't have the required base stat it means nothing.
    Altared (aka Alteredstate)

------
    Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

If You Can’t Dazzle Them With Brilliance, Riddle Them With Bullets.
    ------

well i havnt seen the implant plan from Letah but agil cant be ignored for stat req. ive found this true for all classes. its easyest to buff and implant

You simply can't ignore agility, its a must-max for every profession as nearly all implants will require it. If you want something other you are seriously gimping your implants. Same counts for sta more or less.

As doctor you want to max int always and every time.

It's not possible to only get int/psy based implants without missing a lot stuff like evades and health.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

So as i understand it...

Having an implant that relies totally on Agil en Sta (& int) is a good idea for a nano-mage doc ... as it would be for every other profession... since agil en sta should be as high as possible for everyone and you can easily buff them...

But i think i can only raise those attributes three points per level... (i thought because i'm a nano-mage)

doesnt this mean that nano-mages always have inferior implants as opposed to other species because of their inherent low counts on Agil en Sta? (only three per level ... where sol's have 4?)
    (a level 100 nano-mage will always have 100 less on Agil en Sta then a level 100 sol... or am i mistaken here? Please correct me if i'm wrong in this)

But even with this limitation i should still go for a Agil/Sta implant scheme?

Question about implants but slightly off topic..

What is the minimum ql cluster that you can put into a ql200 implant?

Originally posted by Kwuack
    So as i understand it...

Having an implant that relies totally on Agil en Sta (& int) is a good idea for a nano-mage doc ... as it would be for every other profession... since agil en sta should be as high as possible for everyone and you can easily buff them...

But i think i can only raise those attributes three points per level... (i thought because i'm a nano-mage)

doesnt this mean that nano-mages always have inferior implants as opposed to other species because of their inherent low counts on Agil en Sta? (only three per level ... where sol's have 4?)
    (a level 100 nano-mage will always have 100 less on Agil en Sta then a level 100 sol... or am i mistaken here? Please correct me if i'm wrong in this)

But even with this limitation i should still go for a Agil/Sta implant scheme?
    Nope it's 3 per lvl for all base stats and for all breeds, no matter if it's a green or dark blue cost. Just that the starting values are different for each breed as are the caps at each title level.

Basically if you max agi, stam & int (the head implant always seems to end up int based) along with treatment you'll be on track for keeping your implants nice and spiffy

btw AO Skill Emulator, available here, will show you what your max stats are for each lvl so you can compare breeds for yourself.
    Last edited by Taxadion; Feb 19th, 2003 at 19:42:56.
    I feel Great, ooooooh yeaaah!

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate. And I can picture us attacking that world, because they'd never expect it.
    --Jack Handy

Pretty sure its 164 Faded, 168 Bright, 172 Shining clusters required for lvl 200 implants.

What you can do to test, is go to the basic shop and buy low level (1-5) clusters of each type (faded/bright/shining) and try inserting them into the implant. You will get a message telling you exactly what level of cluster is required.

edit: I sent helpbot a suggestion that this info should be added, but I guess Beaker is lazy or something
    Doctor * - Adventurer - Trader - Martial Artist
    Enforcer - Soldier - Engineer

Buying:
    190+ Soul Fragments - 22M
    Mantis Eggs - 3M
    Frederickson Micro-kinetic Sleeves
    Send /tell to Kwis4

Thanks for the tip.. I didn't think of doing that

I dunno, i probably was gimped for 124 levels but as i decided to not get a weapon and didnt put in non-nano imps that i couldnt use i managed to get my implants to sta/int based.

For higher levels you will need Agi off course, but when you go for the team-heal non combat doc you can manage to avoid it pretty well.
    Means no evade in leg - but maybe a sta/agi leg can help you get a higher sta based imp in.

I for one found that i didnt have enough ip to also up agility as i wanted to keep evades dodge maxed.
    (and well put ip in mc for some reason - first degree burn, pretty useless against high mobs but i managed to wander around and kill things with it)

Wow i really don't understand what was just said. EIther i'm being dumb, or maybe an Implant for Dummies could be made?

Btw, when does implanting become feasible? Its so expensive....and i just want to make sure that i should do it or not.

Well I am not a big fan of the pre-made implants that FC provides, but you really need to help yourself and put implants in when you can.

At level 10 I had custom made Ql50+ implants in. Last nite (with little twinking) at level 23 I put in QL70+ implants. I use to use NanoNanny, but found a number of times I would put an imp together only to find it was not based on some of the stats I had run up. I have started using ImplantHelper, the nice thing is it tells the ability you will need to have to get the imp in. Check this thread:

http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...=ImplantHelper

Anyway, Implants make all the difference.

HK

Quote Originally Posted by Kwuack
    Nanomage is the worst breed for a doc (yes even worse than trox).
    If you plan on going 210+ you may consider a reroll.

My Nanomage Doc is 211 now and I regret not rolling Opifex every day.
    Morphinee - 220 SOL Gear - Pic
    Injecter - 215 DOC Gear - Pic
    Evilpoon - 154 CRAT PvP Gear - Pic
    Dymwyt - 110 FIX Gear - Pic
    and numerous gimpy alts......

Thread necromancy = bad!

And I wish my solitus doc were opifex, too.
    Udon (doctor), Koyangi (trader), Jajangmyun (adventurer) of Shattered Dreams of Rimor. [website]

(now in order of play/activity! along with some other lowbie alts.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kwuack
    I've recently begun a nano-mage doc and those abilities arent really what i need is it?... thanks
    What you really need is to reroll as a non-nanomage. Roll any race, opifex, solitus or trox, just not Nanomage, you will SO regret it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

Omg, whats with all the nanomage hate?

<3 nanomage

whats with the nercomancy :P
    was kinda surprised ot see letah posting till i saw date :P

That was weird 2 posts over a year apart from each other.
    If you love something set it free, if it does not come back, Hunt it down and Kill It.