Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mission: Clan's Terminals

Mission: Clan's Terminals

Mission: Clan's Terminals
    Omtron

Athens, Clan Terrority (Omni-Tek Press Corps) -- Reporter Omtron goes in search of Clan Mission Terminals and discovers their flaws.

In Athens it's not uncommon to see a large group of people surrounding mission terminals. The first thing a good reporter would do is see what type of missions are generated for Clanners. After much time was spent trying to access the Clan Mission Database, and failing, it was made clear that this report would require a look over more visable aspects of the Clan Mission Terminals.

The machines seemed dirty and in a state of disrepair. On various parts of the machines, I found crumbs from food and other unidentified substances stuck to the surface. This reporter can only assume that the Clans think they must feed these machines in order for them to function.

After completing my examination of the machine I managed to get an interview with a local...

Omtron: I'm investigating these substandard Mission Terminals.
    Slock: They are dented things. But are they substandard?
    Omtron: These poor quality mission terminals look like they could break or cause shock to a user, this could be a safety concern.
    Slock: Well, safety for who, really?
    Omtron: The users of these devices.
    Slock: Just wondering at an Omni concerned with our welfare.
    Omtron: Omni-Tek cares for everyone. And even Omni-Tek employees should have the right to know the truth about how it is to live in Clan areas.
    Slock: I just find it su****ious you come investigating something so small, just after a meeting to restore the Council of Truth happens.

The conversation ended there. It was this reporters decision to avoid any political debates or questionings during this story. I was unable to get anyone else for an interview.

So, let us be thankful that with Omni-Tek's support we know we'll always have state of the art Mission Terminals that are clean and well cared for. I'll be questioning fellow Omni-Tek employees in the future about our own Mission Terminals in one of my, "Take three with Omtron" reports.

One needs only to take a look around the garbage heap known as Old Athen (well, it's really called Omni-2, but we won't get into that) to see that the Clans are a filthy, uncivilized group. Frankly, I could have told you that their mission terminals would be a mess full finger prints and smeared with peanut butter and rollerrat jelly without ever going near one.
    Janella "Nevver" McCallagher
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»
    Why settle for less when you can oppress?

"First get your facts; then you can distort them at your leisure." - Mark Twain
    "Nevver: Like the thing that hides in your closet. But worse." - Gueve

Also known as...
    Jacquelynn "Kaitakait" Moscardelli
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Surely one as sharp as Nevver couldn’t believe everything she reads from the OTPC. Yet that is what we must believe because she has never been to Athens. If she had she would not believe these lies!

Nevver, come to Athens, be our guest … for a very long time!

Oh, I've been to Athens on more than one occasion. Usually my purpose is to stand on the hill, speak the truth and testify. Other times, my business is more savory.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

If I remeber correctly, clanner's raised close to 500 million credits for the Old Athen Restoration Project (about 1.5 years ago). The unfortunate part is it was during a massive political upheaval and we didn't have the resources to deal with both the waning politics and restoring Athen. We made the decision - freedom over appeal.

Best,
    Kyrsan

Veteran Enforcer of First Light (EG)

Hmmm... I wonder whatever happened to the 500 million...

Nevver pictures the world's largest kegger.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Hmmm...faulty electronic equipment...just kick it a couple of times, that fixes everything.

And ,being neutral, i have seen the clan mission buffet...*cough* I mean mission terminals ...they are a little messy.
    "Chariots strong, horses fast, troops valiant, weapons sharp--so that when they hear the drums beat the attack they are happy, and when they hear the gongs sound the retirement they are enraged.He who is like this is strong."
    -Chang Yu ,author of a commentary of Sun Tzu's 'The Thirteen Chapters'

Don´t come to OA again with your Omni propaganda, Omtron. I was there, spitting in your face! You will get no way in spreading the lies of Omni-Tek. There is still hope burning in the heart of every clanner that one day the people of Rubi-Ka will be free as the Reet!

Mangoboy, true Opifex MA-patriot of clan Reborn!

Still hope, huh? I guess we'll have to do something about that.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

true patriot? or do you not want the free food to disappear?

=P
    Blue Steel(TM)

E 86% - S 60% - A 33% - K 20%
    http://www.andreasen.org/bartle/

SL upgraded oct 10, 2003

RK2 - Derek"Rayfield" Zoolander
    RK2 - "Umeshiso" Maki
    RK2 - Sylvester "Code187" Vallone

Typical...

No matter how predictable, it never fails to disappoint me that our Fourth Estate fails us so badly in these difficult times. With so many pressing issues of the day, from the environmental plight of the Shadowlands to the grim state of the underclass living in the sewers of Omni-1, OTPC delivers an "expose" on the state of mission terminals.

CLAN mission terminals.

Never has misdirection been more blatant, nor pandering more base. I've continued to read it for the past few months against my better judgment, mainly for the funnies, but this was the last straw. Consider my subscription to your ridiculous "news" source CANCELLED!
    Senior Partner, Schuemann & Associates (on leave)

Originally posted by Nevver
    One needs only to take a look around the garbage heap known as Old Athen (well, it's really called Omni-2, but we won't get into that) to see that the Clans are a filthy, uncivilized group. Frankly, I could have told you that their mission terminals would be a mess full finger prints and smeared with peanut butter and rollerrat jelly without ever going near one.
    Nevver, Athen is not full of garbage, the heaps you see are large chunks of buildings that were destroyed in the attack on Omni-2. There are no huge piles of garbage in Clan cities.

Benjamin "Fixerben" Bacarella - L212 AL10
    Haywood "Brawlking" Jablomy - L220 AL21

Originally posted by Benjacrat
    Nevver, Athen is not full of garbage, the heaps you see are large chunks of buildings that were destroyed in the attack on Omni-2. There are no huge piles of garbage in Clan cities.
    I am glad to see you call Omni-2 by it's proper name, even though the garbage strewn about makes it an embarassment for us.
    Board Member of
    Devil's Advocate
    .·´¯`·..·»

Also known as...
    Sun "
    Jamais" Soleil
    Sari "
    Nixis" Wagner

Originally posted by Nevver
    I am glad to see you call Omni-2 by it's proper name, even though the garbage strewn about makes it an embarassment for us.
    The only "Garbage" I have seen there was you and some of your Omni-Creeps.. I believe we took that garbage out though...
    ~ Roger "Shadowset" Garanti (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Andrew "Boomtastic" Domtar (Member Clan Assembly)
    ~ Ta "Bloudless" Butcher (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Caviler "Cynotor" (Member of the NLF)
    ~ Chef "Ironox" (Member of the NLF)

Public files on Shadowset
    Ironox and Cooking with Iron!

my general impression

Is that omni terminals and cities tend to be less cared for by the population. an attitude that "someone else will take care of it" abounds in this corporate town.

Now clanner cities, OA terminals are nicely polished by constant use, Tir terminals are windblasted clean and dont suffer from much use at all.

Imagine being the omni tek employee who's job it is to polish the mission terminals, which get covered with blood, bile and stains of war.

to summarize
    Omni blek
    Clan Yay!

Ani
    PLEASE, give use a simple YES or no answer as to whether or not the CoH chests can be opened

Oh for crying out loud... Have you ever visited a Omni-Tek City? If you had, you would have noticed the hunderds or thousands of small drone-bots just about everywhere. Those are the ones that take care of Omni Citys. They clean the streets, they "polish the Mission Terminals", they remove the paint smears when some young Clanner decides that he is being big and bold by sneaking into a city at night and try out his artistic skills on a wall in a dark alley.

*Cough*

Though i got to admit that the young person that re-painted the rooftop of Baboons last month showed skills both in sneaking and artistry. I belive it has become all the rage amongst the younger Omni Citizens to have that logo on their shirts when they go out clubbing. Personaly, i recomend you, who ever you are, attend art school. You got tallent.

(OOC: Edited a silly spelling mistake.)
    "On the frontlines, there is but one commandment...
    Thou Shalt Kill."

"As i stride knee deep through the dead, all is clear. I know what must be done...
    My cause is just...My will is strong...
    ...And my gun is very, very large!"
    The words of a true soldier.

I wouldn't believe that even the lowest of Omni-Tek's wage-slaves would fall for this piece of propaganda.

Hey, sure Old Athen (go ahead and call it Omni-2 if you so like living in the past, for all I care) has seen better days, but one should question both the time this article appeared and the attempt to exaggerate such a trivial concern.
    Deggial - Who said troxes ain't smart?
    Aenir - The Sword is the Law
    Nesseva - Walking machine gun

Reborn

It would appear you clanners have misunderstood the importance of symbolism. For all of your talk of freedom, and your "better quality of life" rhetoric, you cannot do something as simple as keep your cities clean. It shows a lack of pride in your surroundings, and a lack of respect for your fellow clansmen. How can you expect those of us with gainful employment to feel that we can trust you to run a government when you cannot keep your cities clean?

Perhaps the subject itself seems trivial, but it speaks volumes about the state of the clans.

Once again, Omtron has struck deep into the heart of the clan movement, and brought those of us with a respect for life and dignity the type of hard hitting news that makes OTPC the respected news organization it has become.
    streaz18 - Women love Opifex in bed. I have just as much stamina as a solitus, I am much more agile, and I can sense how they like it in ways a solitus male could only dream of.
    ESA - 80/53/46
    Narysta is levelling again!

hah

its only a game guys...to me all the terms look the same
    ueffer

Enforcer59 (main)

Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
    Disclaimer: The opinions of Ueffer are not necessarily the opinion of any other sane, tax paying member of the free world.

enforcer59 by mrfli

THE SYNDICATE LOVES YOU

I dont know about you guys, but for me freedom is the ability to munch a rollerrat BLT with peanutbutter while choosing righteous missions! And if i leave a snack for the next person, lucky him.
    _________.-
    Trox' unite!
    TroX - My own lil org
    Beldaro 200 NT - Trox *RETIRED* Wearing
    Nikaidaro 205 NT - Opi *RETIRED* Wearing
    Caldaro 201 Crat - ummm
    Troxdaro 155 Enf - Trox
    Im sooo outta here, bye all!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast