Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Character Slots

Funcom employee Character Slots

Hey guys,

Just to reiterate, the difference between active/inactive slots is discussed in the November update, and elsewhere in the forums. If you have any other questions, they will be answered on this thread.

When you log onto live, you will see you have 8 active active character slots. We have a new character slot system on the backend, with the intention of giving out some number of free additional slots to subscribers. The server code is currently patched out, but it will not be turned on when the patch goes live. We decided we have enough to test as it is, and the server migration is a big enough thing on its own.

I have been in discussions with Joel as part of the transition, and we are looking to increase character slots for subscribers shortly after the Migration goes through and we are satisfied we have dealt with any and all issues which may arise from that.
    Last edited by Ilaliya; Feb 26th, 2013 at 22:49:17.

Uhoh!
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Sounds good, don't make it an everlasting promise that never gets upheld tho! We've seen too many of those

How many? Please give us answer, just to clear up the future...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ilaliya View Post
    I have been in discussions with Joel as part of the transition, and we are looking to increase character slots for subscribers shortly after the Migration goes through and we are satisfied we have dealt with any and all issues which may arise from that.
    Awesome news!
    Toyhazard 220/30/70 Engie
    Dwix 220/30/70 Fix
    Deathwalkerz 220/30/70 Advie
    Deathsrow 170/24/42 Advie
    Rowsofdeath 161/22/42 Fix
    Buckket 118/11 Agent
    Lemonparty 85/9 Tard
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

number of few implies 3+, but probably its not yet set in stone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Please forgive the lack of confidence, but I will believe that new slots exist only when they show up on my login. Sorry, but over the last year there have simply been too many promises made by funcom from markets will be fixed, through rents will not increase, to leaders receiving a package of every conceivable building, to additional slots, to the timing of all these promises. So far followthrough has not come close to the promises. I trust Ilaliya, but he has already said he is leaving and, again based on history, it would be easy for fc to change their mind and throw him under the bus when they don't feell like doing what they said they would do.
    Last edited by Deemure; Feb 27th, 2013 at 02:14:39.

That's fine by me, still need to finish some chars before rolling more.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Well, he said "shortly" and not "soon".

btw, what sounds "good news" or "awesome" on this ?
    it is everything else then that.
    Last edited by raw_fox; Feb 27th, 2013 at 09:49:58.
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

The issue with this (for me) - I have an account with >8 characters and cannot activate the others until extra slot/slots are allowed. So I will have toons named R1234567890 until I can activate them. If we had been told "how many" at least we could have prepared a little better with which toons I want to keep.

Not real happy with this lack of disclosure -
    Utopia
    The continued search for an ideal community possessing a perfect socio-politico-legal system.

“ The first thing a child should learn is how to endure. It is what he will have most need to know. ” — Jean-Jacques Rousseau

I just want to know WHEN!...
    Been here, done this...
    Time to move on...

Seeing the merge come out so quickly when I hadn't expected it for many months more has me feelin optimistic about this. Although the rebalance may not come for awhile and in its current state I do t even want it to be released but the fact that something significant has actually happened its renewed some faith in me to be patient for he future.

Right now I actually have people to so things with at all times of day now and that's good enough for me for awhile.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

wat about free char transfers? or a discount on them?? got 3 220fixers on the same account 2 220 engis 2 220 crats etc etc
    Rubi ka - 1 ---------| Rubi ka - 2
    Fixer ----220/30 ----| Fixer -----220/30
    Doctor ---220/30 ----| Fixer -----220/19
    Advy -----220/30
    Crat -----220/30
    Solja ----220/30
    Shade ----220/30
    Engi -----220/19
    Agent ----200/19 ----| Agent ---176/##
    Enfo -----170/24 ----| Enfo ---- 170/21
    Advy -----172/24

Aye any timetable on account slots? like Days, Weeks, Months? Any answer will be good. Even "For sure not for atleast 2 weeks."
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Once "everything is running".

The actual server problems surely need to get fixed first.
    Poor Macrosun, weekend codehumping again :/
    You have already reached the maximum number of allowed accounts
    You are not allowed to create any new accounts

Thanks for the information. I was directed here from a mod. I'm a bit upset a few people here seem to be pretty darn happy with a couple more slots. I for one don't see that as a reasonable thing. I for one played on all 3 servers then you went down to 2 and now 1. So I went from 24 Character slots all the way down to 8. The worst part of this is I enjoy making new characters and trying to attract new players to Anarchy Online.

I did a Let's Play Series in the past and it seem to be a pretty big hit. I don't mean 10,000+ Views but enough that it did bring in a few subscribers at least. I know this because on my Minecraft server we had 3 guys and a gal who joined up back then.

I'm not saying I'm special nor wanted to be treated any different. But my account was activated back in 2003 and you guys had offered more 10 years ago then you are now today.

Going through the forums and quick read you guys have already robbed the long term premium members enough already. This is what happens when corruption between paid and free games gets out of hand.

What I'm saying is Pay 2 Win type features should never exist for a person who pays a monthly sub. Instead what happens is you offer certain features that prem members already have at cost to the free players.

Anyways, I doubt my cries will be heard because it seems like AO might be actually surviving off the last few tears of members left in AO

Quote Originally Posted by Kane-Hart View Post
    you offer certain features that prem members already have at cost to the free players.
    Thisx10000, almost tired of pointing it out. Even when my subbed accounts are active, I'd pay a few $s here and there to enable certain features on my froobs and sloobs. Why turn down money?
    General of Nocturnal Fear
    Trypha 220/30/70 Engy | Trypothecary 220/30/69 Doc | Tryptophy 220/30/68 Crat | Trypocalypse 220/30/70 Sold | Tryharder 220/30/68 NT | Trypointy 220/x/x Shade | Peasantry 200/30/69 Keeper | Trycharm 150/20/42 Crat

A long time ago i started off on RK1 i moved mostly over to RK2 a lot of time and effort has been put into both servers i have a full set of toons on each server.

I know I cant play every toon every day but i like to play each one once in a while .

Wiliest there were two servers I could do that but now we merged i get the feeling that we will get a few extra slots and then its going to involve some sort of payment to fill the other slots or never play the toons.

If this is the case why should I pay for something ive already paid for?
    Ao is already one of the most expensive and out-dated ptp games out.

Just before Christmas swtor had server mergers anyone that had toons on both servers were given every toon to play one the new server with no extra cost.

Hopefully this can be the same in AO but I find it highly unlikely.

I tend to just play the game and never look on the forums except when there is an issue relying on the news on the game launcher to keep me updated with anything i need to know.
    Not having the time or inclination to go hunting for info that should be readily available to me and I just cant see any information on the server merger?

To me it was server will be merging at some point ...servers will merge soon ....hay servers will be down tomorrow for merger.

A distinct lack of information that would have been nice to have considering it will effects everyone.
    And there is still a lack of information.

meri.
    NT's are Gods. No really we are. What are you lot laughing at???

Level 220 Clan NT. Proud member of JVC

My equipment

Quote Originally Posted by meriweather View Post
    why should I pay for something ive already paid for?
    THAT is the question!
    Jihnna 220/30/80 Shade
    Underworld

its not often meriweather is right.. but this is one of those times
    Navian 220/30 Solitus Soldier President of aTrox Caelestis - Calmate 220/30 Opifex Bureaucrat President of Deus Caelestis
    Proud member of The Alliance
    Yeah, to me there is only 1 alliance

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast