Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 18.4 Pre-Update Notes

Is there an ETA on these changes?
    Also wondering when the new Kyr'ozch stuff will go live, special ed. and the new MA weapon both.
    Could we plox get placeholders for the s7 weapons?
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    General Changes
    • New input system: All keys should now be bindable/customizable. Find the "Binds" tab at the top of the F10 menu. (Multiple actions can be bound to one key...this is intentional.)
    NO!

ugh.

This game's pvp is headed for a disaster. Seriously. Im not playing a game where everyone can macro pvp because then there is no longer any skill involved whatsoever.

Leaving the game forever if this makes it in.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

It just means that while you're actually *in* combat, you won't be able to equip anything or enable the social tab in the menu options. Long as you're out of a fight, it'll otherwise be exactly the same. =)
    That is actualy great. No more enfos hotswapping to AS guns and stuff!
    Knights of Ka
    The Elysium Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Ocene View Post
    Einstein said, there's two things that are infinite.. the universe and human stupidity... and I'm not sure about the universe.

Quote Originally Posted by Xatgunner View Post
    That is actualy great. No more enfos hotswapping to AS guns and stuff!
    Err hotswaping equipment is still working, I hope its just social equip that gets locked?

But... why would they lock social tab inn fight... just to avoid putting on tutu mid fight? makes no sense...

Heeeey what am I missing here?
    Andvord, 220 Adv (retired)
    Knekt, 220/30/70 Keep (retired)
    Haavarst, 220/23 Crat
    Delifix 217 Fix
    Delivio 215 Shade
    Dilek 174 Doc
    Delisol 165 Sol
    Clown 126 Trader TL4 twink project
    Hannibal 22 Enf

It just means that while you're actually *in* combat, you won't be able to equip anything or enable the social tab in the menu options. Long as you're out of a fight, it'll otherwise be exactly the same. =)
    Just to clarify, are you saying that the social tab items will be disabled during combat so you'll see all the actual armor/weapons etc? Or just that you won't be able to toggle the social tab options during combat?

Funcom employee

Just that you won't be able to toggle the options during combat. Otherwise, if you already have it on, it will stay (to my knowledge, at least).
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Just that you won't be able to toggle the options during combat. Otherwise, if you already have it on, it will stay (to my knowledge, at least).

So, if u have a golf club when u enter combat, u die with it in ur hand?
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

You can't fight with weapons in social anyway, done it a few times and feel dumb when I remember. It really doesn't make any sense since who swaps stuff into social when your fighting anyway.
    HEAR MY WAR CRY "NOT IN THE FACE, NOT IN THE FACE"

My Pillow of Death shall SMITE THEE!

Quote Originally Posted by mainframe View Post
    You can't fight with weapons in social anyway, done it a few times and feel dumb when I remember. It really doesn't make any sense since who swaps stuff into social when your fighting anyway.
    Swap something into r-hand or l-hand while mongo'ing to avoid getting aggro from guards.. that's the only thing I know of, but there are probably more "tricks" like this since they want to remove that sort of thing.
    Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with...

My pvp stats: Duel wins: 945 / losses: 368 - Solo kills: 5632 / team: 7511

My org mate: Solo kills: 24 933 / Team: 683

I dont get it either. It would make sense, however, if you CANT enter combat with Social tab enabled (which is for social purposes). Also it would prevent/give info about player you are willing to fight or fighting (like GA fixers...). I dont get it, its wrong typed or its totally useless thing...

Can somone explain it more dense, please?
    I like PvP
    TL6: Tereshkova 200 eng / Patrollerz 200 sol / Tankietka 200 NM enf / Pielegniarka 200 Tank Doc / Oleska 200 SOLIKeep
    TL5: Miazga 150 sol / Piknababa 150 NM Enf 2he / Gigantika 150 NM Enf / Malutki 150 Enf Trox WIP
    TL4: Ladyrazor 112 fixer (retired) / Shha 100 NT / Cycolina lvl 100 NM Enforcer
    + Tons of other chars...
    I make weird TwInkz!
    Signature updated: 29/06/2016

man my PVP guide is never going to be the same again
    bai2u!
    -::l2pvp!1::-
    Electronite: FFA also destroyed Clan hegemony when it comes to tower wars. Ironically the downfall was started by the most active pvpers. Another ironic thing is that the downfall happened due to pvm conflict. Silirrion: (We have pretty good anti-troll filters by now though) Means: Thong-wearing troxes will always be a part of this game and a point of AO pride. Keldros: Obviously reall trolls don't use conditioner Marlark: If this forum was Swedish in it's language .. id pawn you any day. 220 NT: tl7 is a joke most of the time. 90% of the people are double double dead. some are worth debuffing tho. Mastablasta: you guys are right and I'm wrong. Ebag: No. You alpha me'd due to the stat bug. More Ebag: I don't have any twinks currently, nor do I participate much in mass TL7 PvP (though I do go occasionally, usually just to watch). Questra: an MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Im not playing a game where everyone can macro pvp because then there is no longer any skill involved whatsoever.
    You can already do this with 'pianomashing' the keyboard/playing with both hands and changing the keymap in F10.

If the game is headed towards more active fighting it wouldn't be so bad I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Techtoxic View Post
    Pffff come on man.... Thats same thing like having no timer at all. It will make us hover over GA/spinner everynow and then, why is it so hard to make a hostile buff when you cast it? or something that is visible without having to actually check for it and pay atention to it :/
    Agreed with Tech. Even though suggested timer is not so bad (way better then current - nothing), hostile nano would be more convenient.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

got bind burst fling and full auto to one key and it only fire burst and fling.. no full auto

Quote Originally Posted by Lletah View Post
    You can already do this with 'pianomashing' the keyboard/playing with both hands and changing the keymap in F10.
    Or using something like a Nostromo or G15 to push 4 buttons for you. If the PvP experience is at risk due to the ability to push buttons more easily (which, in all honesty, is probably correct), then the underlying mechanics are fundamentally fubared and need major looking at. Just so long as tweaking for the 10% of the players that are heavy into PvP doens't screw the 90% that aren't...more than one MMO has died when they tried to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Saldoina View Post
    got bind burst fling and full auto to one key and it only fire burst and fling.. no full auto
    AFAIK, FA and AS are not instant on test, or...
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

With the new ingame browser, will there be support for things such as flash, java(script), and media players?

Also, because of the browser, does that mean that all hyperlinks will become "Highlighted", so that people can click on them, and it will open the in-game browser to show the page?

on a note of the java, I can just imagine someone making a mod for it that would allow minecraft to be played in it XD

Quote Originally Posted by Triadninja View Post
    on a note of the java, I can just imagine someone making a mod for it that would allow minecraft to be played in it XD
    Uhoh... I can already see this conversation happening:
    Enf: "WHY DIDN'T YOU HEAL ME YOU NOOB!"
    Doc: "Sorry, I was busy building a replica AO logo in Minecraft."
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Flash?
    Never hopefully. It is way too unsafe.
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

Oh my god. The social tab thing how can it create so much confusion? It's this simple: If you are in a fight, you cannot take an item from your inventory and equip it in the social tab. That's it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast