Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Itemsbot - Relaunch!

Exclamation Itemsbot - Relaunch!

Background Information
    Due to the previous incarnation of ItemsBot being plagued by technical difficulties and unstabilities, Vhab (previous maintainer) asked if Itemsbot would be a good test case for pushing Bot# development forward. We both agreed that would be the case. Two days later, the first implementation was ready. ItemsBot is now online 24/7.

About Itemsbot
    Itemsbot has been around for a long time and have been maintained by several people over the years. As the newest ItemsBot maintainer, I hope to keep up with the fine tradition set down by my predecessors, and to make sure ItemsBots legacy lives on.

If you want item information, ItemsBot is happy to help! Just /tell ItemsBot {query}. (For RK1, RK2 and TestLive)
    Examples:
    • /tell ItemsBot pen ofab crat
    • /tell ItemsBot 100 pen ofab crat
    • /tell ItemsBot 300 combined type=armor slot=head,arm
    • /tell ItemsBot 125 kyr pistol -energy -machine

Itemsbot on RK1/RK2 display search results for items available on the live dimensions.
    Itemsbot on TestLive display search results for items available on TesLlive.

Itemsbot is also used by Helpbot for serving !items requests.

Central Items Database
    The VhaNet CIDB have been outdated for ages, and Xyphos' CIDB have had some technical difficulties.
    This meant neither could be used by ItemsBot, and I had to make a new, working CIDB, named Bot# CIDB.

The VhaNet CIDB and the Xyphos CIDB now redirect to the Bot# CIDB. This means BeBot and VhaBot (possibly others too) now use the new CIDB, without any change being required in the bots themselves

CIDB Bot Modules
    BeBot: here (Curtsy of NoGoal)
    BudaBot: More information

Feedback
    If there's any issues, such as incorrect item display or weird search results, please let me know and I'll take a look at it!
    Feature suggestions and other feedback is very welcomed!
    Last edited by Demoder; Jan 1st, 2014 at 20:48:42.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

I approve of this thread.
    Formerly Vhab.
    Once upon a time ruled a server. And then sold out. Sorry.

I can't thank you enough! I've really missed having regular access to itemsbot.

I approve of post #1 but not #2
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

I'm not trolling or or anything,
    But what I want to know is: Is itemsbot/helpbot mainly for people not in organizations?

By that I mean, most everyone in orgs already have bots capable of most/every function that items/helptbot hosts.

And the people who don't have access to orgbots, are they targetted successfully to know about these 2?
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

For some reason many people still prefer to use helpbot/itemsbot over their org bot for lookups.
    Might be because they don't want to disturb org chat, or don't remember the org bot's name by heart to /tell it.
    I'm not sure.

Eitherway, both still get a ton of requests from players in and out of orgs alike.
    Formerly Vhab.

One thing I noticed, I used Itemsbot 3-4 days ago while my char was set /afk, and it went into a auto-reply spamloop. Was that the old Itemsbot? If so then disregard =)
    Rosss / Rawdeal

My AO YouTube vids

The Red Brotherhood My home and family!

Quote Originally Posted by Rossco View Post
    One thing I noticed, I used Itemsbot 3-4 days ago while my char was set /afk, and it went into a auto-reply spamloop. Was that the old Itemsbot? If so then disregard =)
    Ooops... Sorry about that!
    Thank you for notifying me. This problem should now be fixed.
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    For some reason many people still prefer to use helpbot/itemsbot over their org bot for lookups.
    Might be because they don't want to disturb org chat, or don't remember the org bot's name by heart to /tell it.
    I'm not sure.

Eitherway, both still get a ton of requests from players in and out of orgs alike.
    thanks Vhab for the reply.
    I knew the comment I made could be taken in negative light, which was not my intention. I just wasn't able to word it right to not sound like that.
    What means do you have to getting new/less knowledgable players to use the bots? I think you have banners in-game, is that all?
    Fastest Contact: Northadvncd "Agptaxi" Bankterminal
    Created: 2005-08-07 The AGP Cancelled: 2012-02-11
    AGPSHADOWMA2202568[P][E] AGPSHADOOMNT2142650[P][E]
    AGPECKOSOL1502049[P] AGPATLASDOC1502023[P]
    JURKENF150207[P][P2] JWRKENF270207 JUURKMP600614[P] HANZELSOL1001028[P]

Atm, I think it's just word of mouth. Still quite a few who use it; But yeah, I should probably look into ways of making it more visible.

Quote Originally Posted by Demoder View Post
    Atm, I think it's just word of mouth. Still quite a few who use it; But yeah, I should probably look into ways of making it more visible.
    I remember back when I was a new there was a poster in the Subway that advertised Helpbot. From there I was directed to Itemsbot when I tried to look up !items on Helpbot. And that's basically how I learned about Itemsbot. Kinda neat in retrospect.

Not sure if that poster's still there though.
    :E

The helpbot poster is still there it is a part of the texture
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Old maintainer and hoster of Helpbot, Xyphos, AO Minecraft Server, AO Devs
    Old dictator on Atlantean

Quote Originally Posted by Iriche View Post
    The helpbot poster is still there it is a part of the texture
    Good to hear. I wasn't sure if it was that or one of those billboard ads that only froobs see because nobody else has ads turned on. If it was the latter, those are sometimes changed out for newer ones without the older ones making a comeback.
    :E

Nice also, used because sometimes org bots are funny, not updated, setup differently, etc., and having a reliable source is just great. Thanks for running it.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Nice also, used because sometimes org bots are funny, not updated, setup differently, etc., and having a reliable source is just great. Thanks for running it.
    On this subject though, with this change over BeBot and VhaBot now both use Demoder's new CIDB which also is the source Itemsbot now uses.
    This keeps the bulk of the bots up to date in 1 go

Demoder also has a much better track record than me on this subject.
    Setup with a new toolchain that is much less likely to break than mine, which was the main cause of the old CIDB going out of date.
    Formerly Vhab.

Added some usage examples to OP, for how to use a few new features (such as searching by item type and slot)

Seems like searching for implants wount turn up any results atm.
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

You have to set the type to implant or they won't show up. i.e.: http://cidb.botsharp.net/?bot=bebot&...ant&search=eye
    blah

so... a normal search, with !items leg implant agility won't show up if not? that's just.... sad...
    Former President of Unlimited High Society - We're recruiting 220/30/66 Eternalist Mardonge - Equip 220/25/70 Savior Bioth - Equip 220/22/64 Dictator Cratzi - Equip 220/22/58 Mogul Stressed 199/22/45 Don Riksmongo - Equip 194/19/52 Spetsnaz 176/18/42 Master 5th Dan Maofex - Equip 100/10/28 Biomare - Equip Foremans Twink ************************************************** Be vewy vewy quiet, Im hunting whinomen

A normal search for "agility" would show about a gazillion implants, and a couple of buffs.
    The value of seeing all the implants in a normal search is minimal at best.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast