Thread: Any cryptographers out there?

Any cryptographers out there?

I still remember way back at AO's launch one of the coolest things I ever encountered in this game. It was a 'secret transmission' or something that the players were busting their nuts to figure out. I think the threads might still be on Warcry or Stratics forums.

It really brought out a community feeling.

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/b...cending&page=1

So cool to see people working together on something like that both inside and outside of an MMORPG. Really adds a touch of intellectuality to a supposedly family-oriented game.

I wish AO was more multi-media like it promised to be at one time and didn't turn into EverQuest.

Earth and beyond did something like that aswell.

Shadowlands has this kind of thing too. There are things written in some unknown language around the shadowlands, that actually means something (it has been mentioned in one of the recent blue print articles on rpgvault: http://rpgvault.ign.com/articles/431/431271p1.html )
    Last edited by MORB; Aug 20th, 2003 at 17:47:33.

With the help of the pics released on AOS today, most of the secret Shadowlands alphabet has been deciphered by Dyna18 by now
    Director "Meister"
    President, Omni-Pol
    Level 207 Omni-Tek Dictator
    Meister's Reinforced Suit - Bureaucrats may be gimps, but at least we know how to look good.
    Account Created: 2001-06-27 23:07:32

Originally posted by Meister
    With the help of the pics released on AOS today, most of the secret Shadowlands alphabet has been deciphered by Dyna18 by now
    I saw that after posting this and it made me smile.

I remember when I could read the alphabet on Sosaria after having gone through Ultima I through VIII and eventually UO without having to even look at a cross reference.

Yeah was a bit harder then I thought though because FC added a little bonus in the form of bugged signs among the mix (wrongly spelled words)

Think I got most of it right though, just missing a few letters that haven't been used yet on shown signs.
    • RK2: Dyna2 Enfo Dyna18 NT Dyna666 Keeper Dyna4000 Fixer Dyna27012 Crat
    • RK-Test: Dyna0002 Meta-Physicist Dyna90210 Fixer ( 05-02-2003)
    • Check my QL200 Enforcer implant designs at Auno.org: 1HE 2HE 2HB
    • Best custom map: Raiko's Map (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)
    • Best custom skin: Notum DovveTech HUD upgrade (based on Dovve's AO Enhancements)

Omni-Tek is your friend!
    Elnertz: "I spend all my time making all the loot mine, all because there is no ****ing storyline!"