Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Noob wishes he could use his Chirop!

Noob wishes he could use his Chirop!

Ok, so I'm lvl 110...after maxing 1he, MM, and Brawl as far as my lvl will allow, I am still about 500 points shy on all of them. I know a wrangle will give me 131 in all (except brawl), so how the hell am I supposed to get the other 400 points?? I've read articles where lvl 60 enfos and around 75 advys claim they can equip chirops...why am i having such a tough time at 110??

i see that there are posts for higher lvl advys, but the methods given don't really apply to a lvl 110.
    Last edited by ArconDW; May 8th, 2006 at 05:25:53.

dual crispy's should be doable at your level, from your post I can roughly calculate that you have about 500 1he oO at level 110 that is abysmal. Have you got ql 180-200 implants in? Have you factored in your own buffs? Have you used any perks? two crispies can be done at level 110 without any problems at all imo.

Give me more info and i can help

I don't know about easily, 1k multi would be difficult without AI armor, however the 1k 1he should have been doable long ago. I would imagine that you don't have your implants setup properly. You should easily be able to have crispy on main hand and possibly 102/103 in offhand due to multi requirements. If you are using symbs that is more than likely your problem. With adv treatment you should be able to get ql200 implants in no sweat at 110.
    Supafowl 220/20 Empire Adv Lovechild of FC My Equipment
    Peculiar 215/17 Empire Fixer My Equipment
    Supafu 165/15 Empire MA My Equipment

Proud Squad Commander of The Avatars Reloaded Empire!
    Nerf Keepers!

I think you could probably reperk into them, but if you're doing that you might as well go and level up to get them in
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Now please, go hide into empty can of tomato juice, mail yourself to Mexico, and dont forget to write on a package "i'm looking for a clue".
    Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Seriously, did you think before posting, or did ... you just [smash] your face into the keyboard a few times then hit Submit?

I personally Did Dual Crispy's at level 120ish So I know its definitely possible.

Things to consider.

1. QL 200 implants - Mine where anywhere from 190 - 200 when i put them in make sure to buff everything you can with the implants. 1he, Brawl, Sneak Attack, Dimach, and Multi Melee(if equipping two).
    If your having issues getting treatment for the imps search forums and AODB for stat buffing items.

2. Perks - Realign your perks to only buff Weapon skills if necessary. I personally didn't really need too many perks in 1he. The stat that gave me the most trouble with the Crispy's was Multi-Melee(1000).

3. Nanos - I used the +80 Multi Melee advy buff. With a wrangle you may be able to cast it.

If you are having issues now I would level a bit and save the IP. Get your implants together and made. Get all stat buffing items you may need. If necessary put some perks into Treatment perks to help with implants. Also a lower QL set of Treatment buffing implants may help you get in some of your easy 200 imps.

Buff up to the maximum amount for your necessary skills and then Raise IP only if neccesary to get implants in. Once they are in basically do the same process to get your Chiropteras on. Once you get over the Implant, and potential IP hurdle it should be easy.

Good Luck
    To go faster, slow down. Everybody who knows about orbital mechanics understands that.

-- Scott Cherf

and if you don't have ai armor, use sanguisant for the extra 1he/multimelee skills.

but yea, it shouldn't be that hard to get a 105 chirop in main, with a 102+ in your off hand.
    Redadv 220/30
    Proud Member of The Renaissance

Ok, yes, i need roughly 577 in 1he...the only implants I have are highest QL found in shops (150??). The other thing that's killing me is the 1k in MM, I have absolutely no idea how to do that. I have all perks and masteries, and I still find myself coming up very short.

How does one find/make QL 200 implants? Do the augmentations and nanoclusters have to be mished for? I have been asking on shopping channels to no avail.

I really appreciate any help...I'm not a total noob, but have never had a character past 100 so I really dont' know a whole lot about twinking at TL4.

Are there armors to help me with my 1he/mm??

You can only buy imps in shops with a max ql of 125. All larger ones have either to bought in player shops or to be made yourself.
    You need a basic imp and specific cluster for building your own imps.
    Get the stuff you need and find a friendly engie to assemble them.
    A helpful tool for planning imps is nano nanny or implanthelper.
    Just do a search in this forum to get more help in building custom imps for you.

Yes, find the friendly engi. Dont ask a mp, he wont understand, and just give you ci, and run away
    Atlantean:
    Crimsor lvl 220/14 Nanomage Doc (clan) - Active
    Pung lvl 215/13 Atrox MP (clan) - Gone
    Badorde lvl 205/6 Atrox Adv - Semi-active

Quote Originally Posted by SupaMac
    Also if you are melee you get the irony of being an axe wielding tree. What was Funcom thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by ArconDW

How does one find/make QL 200 implants? Do the augmentations and nanoclusters have to be mished for? I have been asking on shopping channels to no avail.

I really appreciate any help...I'm not a total noob, but have never had a character past 100 so I really dont' know a whole lot about twinking at TL4.

Are there armors to help me with my 1he/mm??
    Implants are found in missions, basically.
    You can either blitz them as mish reward, buy em or do mishes for em.

Its same for the clusters, although you can also buy clusters in shops up to Ql200
    'Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.'

Fhinn, TL7 Neutral Gunslinger // Countinn, TL5 Neutral Trader
    Sleekitt TL5 Clan Fixer

Shattered Dreams, of ye olde RK2 Recruitment thread

By the sound of ur 1he skill at ur lvl I bet you dont have the proper buffing armor, not proper imps, not proper buffs. 210 is easely gained thru QL 200 imps, both in 1he and MM. Sansiguent Armor can be found of diffrent Dynabosses in SL. Adding +5 a peice, ur nano's im not quite sure off but shouldnt be too hard to get.

Go for full 1he and MM Perking and this shouldnt be any problem atall. Maby 2x QL 105 is gonna be hard but a QL 105 + a QL 102-103 shouldnt pose any problem atall. Maby you should ask your guild about this? Probably someone willing to help you.

And, this is gonna cost some money. But not neccesarily that much. If you get a team then pull some team missions and do them solo for CRU and other items im sure you can manage to get 25 mill in an houer or two easely, possibly alot more.

This should cover the costs of this twinking by afar.

Usefull links:
    www.auno.org
    www.aomainframe.com
    forums.anarchyonline.com (Yes, ur allready here and i hope you get some usefull ansvers, but search a little for a guide on Adventurers, and generally how to twink and how to do implants!)

From my experience (my 132 melee advy is highest toon i've had)...

1he shouldn't be a problem. I was TL capped by 115 in 1he, having all perks in 1he and MM (apart from 2 in genius for the nano recharge)

MM is a problem (for dualing crispies) again TL capped at 115 or so.

I have ql200 implants in (a friendly org member made them for me - and the treatment set to get treatment high enough to equip them). I'm currently using a crispy in main hand, and a 101 offhand (103 or 104 should be possible, i just don't have one!)

I'm trying to get some sanguisant at the mo to finally get enough MM to dual crispies.

Advy self buffs for 1he and MM, 131 wrangle, composites, dirty fighter (ma +45 brawl buff), packpain (fixer +64 sneak attack buff), perks for 1he and mm, and some ql200 implants - and you should easiliy be dualing some combination of Chirpoteras.

And once you do, you'll never look at another Sol Fire again! Hitting 1sec at 50% agg/def is sooooo much better than 2sec at 100%agg

If you need any help/advice send a /tell to butmonkeh if you are on rimor.

Good luck.

Butmonkeh
    Proud Unit Member of CORE.

The only problem I have with MR monkehs advice is having all edged mastery and ambidextrous perks maxed. To do that you have to give up bioshielding and acrobat which puts your survivability in question. Get the ql200 imps and whatever buffing items you can, but never give up bioshielding or acrobat unless you don't plan on playing for a while.

Nerf Keepers!

Just to clarify - i'm not recommending going the way that i have, just pointing out a way to achieve dual chiro's. I agree that forgoing bioshield etc will lower your survival chances, but this toon only ever plays teamed with an MA (my wife), so it's less of an issue for me.

Getting hold of a Jugglers Treat will help too (+10 MM).

why do you have to keep perks in ambi+counterweight? Why not just untrain them after you've got your chirops on?

I'm keeping my perks as they are until i can equip two crispy chiropteras, then i'll reset into something else. That should keep me going until later on in the game when i swap out the crispies for alien axes (i am not particularly planning on getting gelids before axes, unless i really have to!).

gelids>cripsys simple as that (maybe not for pvp)

Aren't gelids just better over time on high AC mobs (because of higher min damage)?. From what i can see (please correct me if i'm wrong), they are slighty slower than crispy's, have +84 higher minimum damage but much lower max damage, and do cold damage? I have a pair of radiation arul bracers - so i would need to swap those for cold version, get an IS raid organized all for an extra +84 min damage?

Please correct me on the points i am missing, as it seems like a lot of time, effort and money to only have a small gain?

Thanks.

Butmonkeh.

Yes gelids are better than crispies once you get to adonis, but in elys I don't see any real benefit, you can get your AR high enough to counter the ACs in elys. on rk crispies own until you can pass the MBS.

Nerf Keepers!

I suppose, but still you're going to have to switch aruls to fire ones once you get a pair of axes, either way you are going to have to spend some serious cash in the meantime give ur radiation bracers to my doc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast