Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Armor Designs by Xaun

New Armor Designs by Xaun

I know that most people are not exactly thrilled with the appearance of their Tier armor and most people generally dislike the OFAB altogether. So I am working on my own sets of designs based on the current engine in AO and going on the principal of what the ideal looking martial artist would be. Please post any ideas or suggestions into this thread.

The link where the collected images will go: >>Linky<<

PS: Even tho its likely none of these ideas will ever see a test or live server as an artist it is something I think would be fun to do even just as an excercise. And well who knows maybe someone at funcom might like the ideas and implement them in some fashion. So thanks in advance for any input you might be able to give me about your favorite class.

PSS: I am doing this for every profession in AO so please keep suggestions in this thread only to this profession.

Thank you,

i want my ma to look like this again.

i'm pretty sure a trained monkey could make MAs look better than FC has at some points in our history. When that screen was taken, for the record, i was wearing the best available items in every single slot(minus boots of course).
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Indeed. The banana suit is well.. not very martial artist like imho.. I was thinking about something kinda like a mix of these:

http://www.midway.com/images/MK_Monk...ero_render.jpg
    http://www.nlgaming.com/games/2683/4.jpg
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...RaidenMKSM.jpg
    http://www.playmagazine.com/pictures...ae2d933580.jpg
    http://i.a.cnn.net/cnn/2004/SHOWBIZ/...story.bill.jpg

Mind you none of those are hi-tech or futuristic but kinda the premise behind what I think of when I think "martial artist"

i'd love to have scorpions abilities

back back low punch

the raiden outfit is always what i semi hoped for as an MA.
    teh fool :: Raynefists :: playing since beta 3 (sort of)

Last edited by Vlain; Jan 29th, 2007 at 22:13:42.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

Vlainstrike 220/30ma[S][Pics]; Jadeprakasha 220/12mp; Crashloop 167/23fx
    --------------------------------------------------
    Concept MA Attack: Attack of the Three Fates
    Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe.
    ~Lewis Carroll

lol at the adv armor..but not seriously that is kinda what I was thinking for the MA armor. It has a nice style to it. I will definantly take the Ninja into consideration. Might make the Omni more ninja-like and the clan more monk'ish. hmm the possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    Might make the Omni more ninja-like and the clan more monk'ish. hmm the possibilities.
    that'd be an interesting way to go about it - would kinda make sense story-wise too, although I'm sure I'd be jealous of w/e I can't wear

guild wars monk
    gw monk 2

...was just browsing other guild wars screenies - very pretty game
    Last edited by Vlain; Jan 29th, 2007 at 22:44:08.
    o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o mahnamahna roflmao mahnamahna o¤°`°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°¤o,¸¸¸,o¤°`°¤o

~Lewis Carroll

OMG Can you imagine that concept? Being jealous of how cool the other factions MA suit is instead of hiding them both anyway you can!! lol!

the mortal combat stuff is awsome also a black ninjaoutfit would so kick ass with shade t2 as helm

The mortal combat stuff is "primitive" by comparison of what I have started sketching. But the influence of where it came from. So keep yer chin up good things are coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    that'd be an interesting way to go about it - would kinda make sense story-wise too, although I'm sure I'd be jealous of w/e I can't wear

guild wars monk
    gw monk 2

...was just browsing other guild wars screenies - very pretty game
    i'm a lvl 20 monk/ranger! oh ya! i've got teh cool look!

Quote Originally Posted by Bleodemm View Post
    i'm a lvl 20 monk/ranger! oh ya! i've got teh cool look!
    post screenies!

~Lewis Carroll

I am a lvl 20 Mo/Me and a 20 Dervish will post screenies later when I get home and can take it but the outfit I wear is uhmm.. *checks the links on the wikisite*

this one: http://gw.gamewikis.org/images/f/f1/...gray_front.jpg I especially like it cause the little streamers on her hands move around as she does like cloth should so when I make her do emotes or dances they are always trailing just behind.. looks cool

the monk section can be found: http://gw.gamewikis.org/wiki/Monk_armor
    Last edited by Xaun; Jan 30th, 2007 at 18:12:18.

what a gorgeous game -- I really like all of the Nightfall Campaign armor

~Lewis Carroll

Each expansion pack in GW is unique in location. For example. Prophecies the first game is European Dark Ages type, Factions is Asian, Nightfall Egyptian. The game is gorgeous and I enjoy playing it. Doing the quests and stuff is great fun as the whole game is instanced so you never have to worry about KS'ers or Ninjalooters, your team gets its own unique playfield. The PVP is my favorite part of the game however, Every profession serves a purpose and can be devistating if used right. I absolutely love PVPing on my Dervish. Its the closest thing to a keeper I could find..

Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    post screenies!
    I don't have any of the expansions. And my guild kicked me for being inactive for like a year and a half, so no cloak

Have my helmet hidden too, so you can't see the tattoos on my character's head...And everything in that screenshot is maxed graphics-wise. Even AA.

you have almost the same outfit my Monk has.. except I think yours is from prophecies where as mine is from Factions.

i actually bought guild wars like over a year or 2 ago, but never played

can only handle one addiction at a time...dunno what the heck i'm gonna do when AoC launches

~Lewis Carroll

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast