Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: New Armor Designs by Xaun

New Armor Designs by Xaun

On another note. I have had a slight brainstorm at work today (I already finished all my work for the day and its only 10:45am... lol nerf being over qualified for a job.. I have to pretend to be busy all day so I still get paid ) regarding a new armor design set for the different factions in AO. I will slowly post them as I finish each. I didn't just start on it immediately because of a few reasons:

1) Taking the time to see what each profession requests for their own theme of sorts
    2) Taking into account the world of AO and really putting some thought into each sides history and how things might look based on this.
    3) Trying to think within the confines of the current game engine and not go over the top to such a degree that the ideas could never be implemented without a major game engine overhaul

If you have any suggestions of what you would like to see your profession look like please post them in your respected professions thread as I will be creating a topic in each.

Please leave this topic for only feedback to the posted images alone as they appear. I will be working on the first of them starting tonight when I get home. I hope you all enjoy the work I produce and even if they never get implemented by FC it will at least be fun to day dream and be creative which is something I love about this community. So many dedicated people with great ideas.. oh yeah.. and Alex

Index of Updates and Discussions

Last edited by Xaun; Aug 29th, 2008 at 11:21:39. Reason: New Update

First sketch Male Solitus Omni-tek Soldier

This is mind you just a quick preliminary sketch for a specific class/breed/sex. In my designs I will treat each of those conditions separately. Expect something VERY different for the rest. The entire image from pencil to airbrush took around 30m-1hr. I do not want to spend a great deal of time on the sketches till I am sure that a concept is widely accepted by the profession after which I will detail it out significantly more. I know the proportions are not quite right but it was the concept of the armor that mattered to me most and I ran out of room on the paper I was drawing on

http://www.aethyrknights.org/designs...Soldier-OT.jpg
    Last edited by Xaun; Jan 30th, 2007 at 05:31:50.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    This is mind you just a quick preliminary sketch for a specific class/breed/sex. In my designs I will treat each of those conditions separately. Expect something VERY different for the rest. The entire image from pencil to airbrush took around 30m-1hr. I do not want to spend a great deal of time on the sketches till I am sure that a concept is widely accepted by the profession after which I will detail it out significantly more. I know the proportions are not quite right but it was the concept of the armor that mattered to me most and I ran out of room on the paper I was drawing on

http://www.aethyrknights.org/designs...Soldier-OT.jpg
    I'll try to keep this brief, but that looks just like the Master Chief in Halo! Not that it's a bad thing, but might cause some problems.
    -Haloer

------
    Sepekeeper/Haloer/Missadvy, supporting our local Omni-Tek branch office.

it does kinda ya, but bump for a good artist make some armour that looks good...cause ofab is just fugly

i have so many ideas... but im brain dead from camping tree book 3 in totw on my MA....
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

It should cause no problems because the Halo / Master Chief armor is in essence a motorcycle riders outfit/armor taken to the extreme and the design has been around for ages thus they cannot copy protect it. It uses the simple premise that a face guard should be open and wide allowing for a wide FOV (Field of View) along with segmented plates allowing for mobility.

Thanks tho.

BTW here is the inspiration for my helmet if you must know: http://www.airwolfthemes.com/images/..._medium_01.jpg
    http://www.airwolfthemes.com/images/...met_big_03.jpg
    http://usera.imagecave.com/cljohnsto...met_big_02.jpg

Please note that the helmet I am posting is about uhm.. 15+ years older than halo
    Last edited by Xaun; Jan 30th, 2007 at 16:37:01.

Nice.

Can't wait to see what you had in mind for MPs.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

hehe I am still waiting on a single MP to respond to my thread in their profession topic lol..

Ohh someone did.. hmm interesting idea..

*cough* Halo rip-off *cough*

Actually not at all. Halo is using a design thats older than you think. See my above post.

A little saying that is very true. If you have thought it someone else has.. it HAS ALL been done before..

If you look at that image and you think Halo, then you are alot younger than me.. I look at Halo and see things older than it and think.. Rip off
    Last edited by Xaun; Jan 30th, 2007 at 20:34:26.

Something I would like to see is an item that changes the way armor looks without effecting the stats. Something that would allow someone to pick and choose how they appear vs appear the same as everyone else if you did it right... At end game if you don't look pretty much identical to everyone else you are either not finished yet or one of the few who experiment or obviously don't care about being as uber as you can. I know I for one would not mind having a choice in my end game appearance without having to sacrifice usefulness. maybe something some day we might see. Probably not.. but hey.. we can dream can't we?

Hmm, interesting design, good artist skills. I'll bump it, though there's no chance FC's ears will be opened for this.

Yup, I agree, it's not like Halo is too original in that sense, but that's the first thing that came into my mind seeing that, probably because I replayed it a while ago... The design in itself is very nice and appropriate, for soldier at least. Keep up the good work. I'll go and do some commenting on advy/keeper sections soon!
    -Haloer

------
    Sepekeeper/Haloer/Missadvy, supporting our local Omni-Tek branch office.

just make the fixer armor look sexy.
    Emergenzee Level 220 'Trustworthy' Doctor
    Circle of Notum

looks good!!
    Main character:
    Zeylenne 220 Doctor ex-President of Ragnarok, a scandinavian Omni organization

Wanna join? Ragnarok Recruitment

Active alt characters:

Lilleg2 220 MA
    Polfarer 218 Adventurer

Thanks everyone! I got some of my next sketch done last night but a few clan related duties and responsibilities kept me from completing it before bed. I will work more on it tonight and hope to have it ready to be posted this evening.

As I posted in one of profession threads my idea would be to make this an item that is applied to any existing armor to change its appearance such as using something to upgrade an item by applying an xyz with tradeskilling. Also making it sex specific. One of the things would be Women could wear either the female or male variants of an armor style which would let me come up with some more... sexy female variants and yet not pigeon hole or force every woman to wear something some may deem as revealing unless they wanted to. Hopefully that element would allow for some fun diversity in AO beyond just hey look everyone looks the same yay!

Male-Solitus-Soldier-Clan

As promised here is my update my prototype sketch for a Clan Solitus Soldier. Again these are very loose and fast sketches with a little color splashed on top. I hope you enjoy the design let me know what you think.

http://www.aethyrknights.org/designs...ldier-Clan.jpg

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast