Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Chat server problems

Chat server problems

For the last 24 hours or so, maybe much more on some accounts, I've been having chat server problems. I will just stop being able to chat and a bit later will get the "Welcome to Anarchy Online!" message. Even tells and vicinity channel are off, which is a bit unusual.

My bots are having the same problem. And since they're hosted in Europe and I'm in the States I don't see it being on my end. Especially since other bots like some of the RK2 Clan raidbots have been doing it, too. And not everyone seems to go at the same time, either.

Anyone else?

Happening to me right now ... even after relogging ... empty friends list, etc.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

Happening right now to a pile of us at Fish in Adonis. Earlier our Org Bot cycled thru the entire roster telling us they logged off (even alts that haven't logged in half a year or more!).

We can move around and execute nanos, but no one can 'talk'.
    "Sadly, the patch "stop others [from] being idiots" has been delayed."
    -Gurudee

"I think so, but every time they get a duel invitation popup it plays "Wanna Fanta" a few times over... "
    -Kotts (regarding Froobs+Dueling)

"The fail is strong in this one."
    -Pafpuf

Yup, happening to me also and as you said empty friends list, or have the colored indicator lights that people are online/offline, but no names next to the lights...
    President of the Coven of Hunters
    Webby 220/24 Adv Setup (kinda retired for now)

It apparently happened so much that either one of my other bot admins started all our bots a 2nd time OR our server somehow duplicated their processes ... so wow ... yeah ... between the chat server going down randomly and 2 instances of our bots running. Head. Hurts.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

wtb chat ingame please.

Fix laggy actions, too, it's making doing DB2 impossible.
    Quote Originally Posted by kesh View Post
    I heard black troxes have a huge nothing.
    Berinda: Assault rifle

Wenona: SMG

just "Talk Like A Pirates" maybe it'll fix it :-P
    [] |_| |* \/\/ /-\ `/

Just logged in and had to wait 3 minutes for chat to work.
    ಠ_ಠ

due to the instability of RK2's chat servers, I have taken RK2's NoCredSpam bot offline as it keeps running in startup/crash loops.

when the server stabilizes, I'll put it back on.
    RK1 and RK3 NCS bots are still online however.
    "When life knocks you on your butt, you have to get back up and punch it in the face." --DJ Ashval of GSP

Nullified "Bitbucket" Deadcode - 220/25 Neut NanoMage Engi
    Bits10 - 150/14 Clan Opifex Trader

4th or 5th chat server EOL error today on RK2 since i have been up. Funny to be [unknown clan] instead of omni.... So much for default FC initialization of variables. =)

I hope someone is looking at this....
    Florentino"Marlark" Suitt
    Master of the Universe of The Asylum

[Genesis] Marlark: First rule of Genesis, Blame canada for anything and everything with other words blame Rotender.
    [Tsunameh]: i just bought this acct on ebay and you're only friend on the friendslist. There's no creds, could i get some plx?
    [Genesis] Marlark: **** HAPPEN WHEN YOU PARTY NAKED!!!!!!
    [Nipntuck]: what org r u in

Originally Posted by "Thetweek" : yeah well its a big thing to do marlark is like god :> so hard to go against him hehe

wtb fix allready damn it.. you guys running AOC on chatservers now to save cash?

Probably get a faster response posting in AOC forums

wake up you nasty bastards...... if we cant play on WE.....
    LifeProvider Greleal
    LifeTaker,agroStealer Prozakro
    Guest Star Shagrani

Feed the hamster!ffs!
    Reborn through hate!
    "And we are the ones that want to chose,
    We'll slash your necks until you die
    Always want to play,
    Reborn through hate!
    But you never want to lose."
    Commands that the death shall rot your life

Still happening this morning ... pretty regularly. Fix?

It seems to be crashing roughly every 5-10 minutes or so.
    Did they accidentialy move it to a Win 3.11 (for workgroups) box? :|

Seriously though: I hope it's nothing serious causing the issue, so that it's a quick fix.
    ::: My Tools & Stuff :::
    ::: Cratine Savagedheals Enfine Zoewrangle Demoder :: Solitron Demotionform :: IRC Demoder Savagedlight :::
    ::: AOItems :: Blog :: CIDB :: HelpBot :: ItemsBot :: PlanetMap Viewer :: Tower Wars :: Twitter :::

FIX please!

Whats the reason to play an mmo if u cant chat
    Warcollapse 220/17/67 Opifex Doctor - Setup
    Proud Member of Valhall Guardians

I blame canada!

Quote Originally Posted by zelen View Post
    Whats the reason to play an mmo if u cant chat
    Or team ... as this disables the LFT interface, too. You don't lose current teams but you can't build new ones.

Arrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhhh!
    Sapna
    Imag3
    Bisque
    Onnz
    Helpmepls

Please fix, I'd like to get a team thanks

bump for 2nd day of chat server crashing or lagging out on rk2

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast