Thread: How to get custom GUIs to work in 18.1

How to get custom GUIs to work in 18.1

EDIT Ok, masta just pointed out to me that this does not work 100%, the skin is loaded but the GUI points arent correct, you will infact have to wait until they update the gui file to point to the path of the folder and not just the default directory.

This is actually fairly simple and I have tested it twice to make sure it works.

18.1 brought us "Added support for custom guis outside the 'Guis\Default' directory (we still don't give any customer support on third party GUIs though)." The problem is that the old way of doing it was to over write the default GUI, this will no longer happen as EACH gui will be its own entity in your folders now.

Step 1. Download your GUI. For this write up I am using Notum Dovvetech Dark Here
    Step 2. Open the zip file, you will see a Folder called CD_image
    Step 3. Click on GUI then Default.
    Step 4. Open a new windows explorer and go to \Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui
    Step 5. Make a new folder in \Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui called Dark
    Step 6. Open the Dark folder and copy the contents from the "Default" directory from the zipfile into the \Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd_image\gui\Dark folder
    Step 7. Go back to the \Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd_image\ folder and go to Textures.
    Step 8. Go to \Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\archives
    Step 9. Copy the folder named Dark4 from the Dark-4.18.0a-1.zip\cd_image\textures\Archives to the \Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\archives
    Step 10. Launch Anarchy Online.
    Step 11. Click on settings -> GUI
    Step 12. Click SET DEFAULT
    Step 13. Click Change, then direct it to Funcom\Anarchy Online\cd_image\textures\archives\Dark4\GUIGFX.UVG I

And thats it, you can have more then 1 skin now for your game.

!NOTE! From now on when you start AO there will be an error message, just click OK until this is fixed in future patches.
    Last edited by Technogen; Jun 24th, 2009 at 17:40:14.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Fantastic, I knew there was a work around some how.

+1 for you for figuring out before me.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

well its not working 100% the GUI locations are not loading up correctly. Im attempting to correct this currently.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

Yep it works except for the location of the bars indeed. Im just theoretically speaking here cause i know next to nothing about these things but the text going black.. wouldnt that be only affected by the "TextColors" and "TextColors.xml.Skin" files? Meaning that is u swap all the files within the "default" folder u get from ur custom Gui EXCEPT for those TextColor files, u should get the placement right but not the crappy black text?

Im reluctant to try this myself cause i already reinstalled AO like 4 times now :P

Notum4...

Runnings this one, almost got it to work, but my sidebar isent showing ... well, it is, but somewhere far right so i have to unstick the window and pull it out. Is there anyway to set location for sidebar? (Using notum4 original)

Okay ive fixed the location of the bar now

What ive done is cutting and pasting the folders named "ActionMenu" and "Views" out of the "default" folder into a folder named to whatever u want but outside the "default" folder. This to make sure u dont loose the old stuff.

Then i went to the Custom GUI folder and copied the same folders as above (ActionMenu and Views) pasting em into the default window.

For the rest just do what Techogen did and start AO, bars should now be correctly in place.

Ow i also found out that pasting the MainPrefs file from the Dovvetech Custom GUI Default folder, into the real default folder, is the reason that ur text becomes black.

Thanks btw Tech

Quote Originally Posted by Metafly7 View Post
    Okay ive fixed the location of the bar now

What ive done is cutting and pasting the folders named "ActionMenu" and "Views" out of the "default" folder into a folder named to whatever u want but outside the "default" folder. This to make sure u dont loose the old stuff.

Then i went to the Custom GUI folder and copied the same folders as above (ActionMenu and Views) pasting em into the default window.

For the rest just do what Techogen did and start AO, bars should now be correctly in place.

This worked for me, thanks.
    (Talking about lag spiking issues in AO..)

[Team] Metametameta: I bet their hamsters are striking.
    [Team] Raptorman: wts lag $9.99 per month
    [Team] Raptorman: free mmorg included
    [Team] Pycu4: its anti kiting patch ))
    [Team] Raptorman: i think theres some fc guy with a lag button waiting till we attack
    [Team] Sofakingkool: i think i need to log before i send some anthrax to FC
    Prokyon: I think I'll randomly poke a needle into my eye, just so I can get away from the amount of fun I'm having with this lag.