Thread: Good place to farm Platinum and Jewels

Good place to farm Platinum and Jewels

I am looking to TSkill rings. Where is a good place to farm platinum or items that turn into platinum?

*Edit* Also which items specifically turn into platinum ingots.
    Last edited by womb8t; Mar 10th, 2011 at 00:39:00. Reason: Clarification

hope this answers your questions.

http://arcanum.aodevs.com/crafting_jewelry.html
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Quote Originally Posted by copperneedle View Post
    hope this answers your questions.

http://arcanum.aodevs.com/crafting_jewelry.html
    He asked WHERE is a good place to FARM platinum, not A-Z on ring making.

Platinum, I've seen most drop from team RK mission bosses, and Pen and Inf missions also.

They are also a rare drop from medusas, and I think Cyborgs also.

And nothing melts into platinum.

+ don't waste platinum with RK gems.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Platinum - RK, Pen, Inf team mission bosses and RK dynas.
    As Metafizis said - making rings with RK gems is waste of platinum.
    Only SL gems add to ring some modifiers, and only few of them really worth making - mainly it +ability rings (almandine, red beryl and ruby pearl).
    "Good gems" to make platinum rings (e.g. +ability ones) - best option I fount so far - killing Arachnis boss in Inf statics (+10 dungeon(s))
    Last edited by candle645_; Mar 10th, 2011 at 13:52:26.
    Candle645 - Soldier, 220/30/70; Arieel - Keeper, 220/30/70; Candleadv - Adventurer, 220/30/70; Candlemech - Engineer, 220/30/70; Candlekicks - Martial Artist, 215/26/67; Candlegrids - Fixer, 126/15/max; Candledoc - 200 uber froob

Well, on ao-universe it says that it says that it multiplies the base price of gem by 12. If I can get 3m a ring farming I'd do it. I'm just wondering if its possible now since some of the gems I made with gold didn't really add up. Maybe my CL isn't high enough.

Anybody have any advice/experience?

With about 2k CL each sub 190 gold filigree ring with a perfectly cut random gem is worth on average about 150-250k sold to a trader shop.
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by womb8t View Post
    Well, on ao-universe it says that it says that it multiplies the base price of gem by 12. If I can get 3m a ring farming I'd do it. I'm just wondering if its possible now since some of the gems I made with gold didn't really add up. Maybe my CL isn't high enough.
    It is much easier to farm gold ingots than to farm platinum ingots because some of the items you find on RK (many rings, gold sphere, etc.) can be melted down to gold ingots. My advice is to tradeskill RK gems with gold ingots (up to QL200) and sell the rings.

On the other hand, if you find gold or platinum ingots higher than QL200 then use SL gems! And make sure you use "good" SL gems for the rings.

See the complete list of SL gems that buff stuff at
    http://www.ao-universe.com/main.php?...&link=2&id=158
    First small fat Engi on RK1 who danced ballet in Red Twil Thigh High Boots in front of an Advy and got pronounced to greatness almost instantly.

Afreng (220/30/70 engineer) Alfora
    Keepitsimple Exploratia Malpora Osmosa Tunneleffect Eccegratia Littleboy

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Or, well, that's how it's supposed to work. ;P

Quote Originally Posted by alfora View Post
    On the other hand, if you find gold or platinum ingots higher than QL200 then use SL gems! And make sure you use "good" SL gems for the rings.
    I see a fair number of replies about using platinum with sl gems (good ones or otherwise), do sl skill rings sell for decent creds? I made a few sets of + ability rings for my bank and a few aao as well. Other than that, never tried to sell any. As many rings as I have made, surprised I never bothered to look...or maybe I did and just cannot recall as I stopped jewelery making a few years ago when I started ai city farming.
    Liamboru 220 Engineer - Brianboru 220 Soldier - Padraigboru 150 Soldier - Tadghboru 60 Engineer - Cormacboru 15 Engineer
    ...and ofc, the army of buff hoes
    ------------------------------------
    PvPDood: Hey, come back and duel me again, I hardly ever get to fight a gimp like you! - Get a /tell like that and it sort of makes you want to evaluate what you thought was a twink!

Walker
    : Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy! Anarchy!
    Texas Ranger
    : I don't even know what that means, but I love it!

+5 agil/sense/str type rings

can sell up to 100m at one time.

they can still sell for half that price 50m

since its' froob friendly and no lv or requirement restriction.

good low lv twinkilage and also for any type of twinking
    "Don't think...feel, it's like a finger pointing towards the moon"