Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Evade Soldier 2.0

Evade Soldier 2.0

Sup, so tried my stint of nanomage in cookie cutter equip, then went back to atrox in cookie cutter equip. Don't like either setups anywhere near close to how much i liked my evade setup, so i'm back to the evade equip but im trying to push the boundaries again and have made a lot of revamp. I'm sure i've missed something so i'm posting to see what people think might be a hole in the setup or can offer ideas for improvement.

Equip : http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=188965

(First notice in util 3 I have one of the infused speed pres. units. This is not accurate, auno has not been updated to include the new DB3 modules. I'm using the protector module in that slot in my actual equip)

You'll notice im using Troa'ler / Rhatata as a mainstay of this build, i believe it will be much stronger for mass pvp overall and if i come up against an enforcer I can easily switch to envy as I have enough weapon skills and multi-ranged to not need to swap a single item, just simply de-equip the troa'ler and pop on the envy. Against doctors i'll swap both Envy/Onehander if necessary but in mass pvp / battle station / bor it's likely not necessary as im sure someone else will be nearby.

Essentially, use troa'ler as a main stay, switch to envy vs low evade professions where full auto is a must (enforcer/soldier/doc and maybe some keepers).

Perk Setup :

Shadowlands Perks :
    Heavy Ranged : 5
    Special Forces : 10
    Colossal Health : 10
    Power up : 10
    SMG Mastery : 5

[b]Alien Invasion Perks
    Power in Numbers : 10
    Champion of light Artillery : 10
    Atrox Secondary Genome : 6

The idea here is, i only need 5 points into Heavy Ranged for the evade debuff perks, and I only need 5 perks into SMG mastery for Jarring burst, anything beyond that is overkill when you have Power Up as thats all the perk damage you need. Colossal health is perked to 10 since Draw Blood is great vs evaders an a good source of healing, since i'm in evade setup I lose out on about 110~ heal delta so keeping CH maxed for draw blood as both a damage perk and heal perk, as well as flat out having 2350 more HP compared to having only 5 perks into it helps make up for this primary weakness.

PiN/Cola are self explanatory. Secondary genome is for WiT and the other perks into it are just for trickle down to evades/etc.

And for anyone wondering a rough idea of what my stats are without any temporary buffs from items like Reanimated cloaks, no PvM buffs like 12 man, just setup + org contracts i have the following

Equipment/Skill Statistics :

Health : 24588
    Nano : 7300
    AC's : 10-11k on all

Dodge Ranged : 3016 (3336 with wit of the atrox, can go higher with pvm buffs, swaps towers, etc)
    Evade Close : 2911 (again can get more with some simple swaps and short-term buffs like reanimated cloak active, etc)
    Nano Resist : 1800

For a soldier there are several relevant attack ratings, so i'll list them all, this will be after the AAO allocation. Again same as before, just static self rating, no buffs, swaps, etc this means hud 3 defensive is in as well as notucomm equipped, those 2 simple swaps net almost 100 additional AR when needed, just keep this in mind.

Assault Rifle : 3127
    Ranged Energy : 3001
    Pistol : 2901
    SMG : 2911

As you can see here, anyone with less than 3327 dodge-ranged will get perked easily after I land tracer by TT/LPT, compared to a full offensive soldier the only profession that i'll lack the attack rating to perk that we could already perk with these two without 1-2 easy swaps will be adventurers in limber, but those professions only needed to coon our alpha and they would survive us anyway. Since troa'ler gives -2000 full auto, the professions i might actually need to land Tracer against first(enforcers, keepers) i'd be swapping to envy for full auto anyway, thus tracer will land and i can easily follow up with TT/LPT cycling.

Full Auto Skill : 2524
    Burst Skill : 2398
    Aimed Shot Skill : 1679
    Multi-Ranged : 1759

These are just miscellaneous weapon skills I thought people may want to see, so I included them. These numbers did not include AAO so the attack rating for each of these skills is not shown.

As far as nano's go, i can cast anything i want and I rely on AMS 3. I did not have IP for AMS 4 with this setup, it's castable with CoNC perked but I do not feel its necessary against anyone other than soldiers who won't be capping full auto on me in this setup anyway.

Feel free to leave feedback or suggestions if you think there's a way to improve this setup.
    Last edited by Marinegent; Mar 25th, 2013 at 21:08:25.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Not much to add but an interesting read

What's aao/aad like? Nice ear imp

Quote Originally Posted by Seoin View Post
    Not much to add but an interesting read

What's aao/aad like? Nice ear imp
    I'd like to keep those specific numbers to myself, but the totals are there so you can make some speculation if you run the numbers.

maybe ill make the ear QL 300 one day
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

The only thing that pops out at me is a 275-300 mystical force shirt.

But I think it's a weak tradeoff.

I also think the Envy/Troaler/Rhat'ata is going to be a totally different ball game than AR...

And I'm interested to see how it goes - tbh, it looks really versatile and the troaler will be a superior setup vs many evaders/moderate evaders and that was really where your previous setup was lacking.

Make sure youre getting 12m+predator

* edit

If you get around to hitting some aliens, My own fortress would be a very nice addition.

The 100 AAO (? I think) for 30 seconds could do a lot in this setup.
    Last edited by McKnuckleSamwich; Mar 26th, 2013 at 03:09:20.

I want to see a tro+jpgpp MR gank.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Good post.
    Gunfytr 220/30/70 Soldier Lawdog80 220/30/70 Advy
    Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Because we said so.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarrina View Post
    I am unamused. I strongly suggest you don't unamuse me further
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    This nano blocks CH. This is intended.

For Util 3, scroll to the bottom and select AOID, type in or paste 292605

It will put the module in your equip.

In my offensive setup with zone buffs I have like 920 AAO, can use that with cookie cutter setup and just figure out the difference in equip if you'd like
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

Hum. But why evade soldier... MR+evades combo? There are many perfectly good evade professions, why on soldier?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Because evades + decent reflects + decent HD makes for a pretty good defence.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    ya, the difference in setting up for defence then getting into a team with an advy and crat....

And not,

is pretty remarkable, I'm sure.

Like a soldier setup for AR with static-ish defence around 2500-2600 who gets wolf/mother wolf and IHM/commanding presence+GSF, is about... oh, I dunno, still gunna get perked by engies and crats.

Whereas, this setup soldier, in a team with advy/crat, with wolf+mother wolf, IHM and CP is going to take damage from AS/SA.... and nukes!

The thing I really like about this setup is that it's an unusual pairing, but, because soldiers have such a nicely balanced AR/ranged weapons template, he's still going to come out with a fairly decent AR that will be good enough for almost any encounter because he's not 100% reliant on AR to make hits.

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    Hum. But why evade soldier... MR+evades combo? There are many perfectly good evade professions, why on soldier?
    The night and day difference when AMS is your only defense is pretty substantial, and I don't care for it.

Being evade setup gives me something to fall back on, it also means i don't have to blow my one-trick-pony defense the moment i get targeted by more than 1 person, and in some cases even 1 person is enough to force AMS within several seconds.

During AMS I can happily swap 5 items to gain almost 200 additional attack rating, and the swap back to defense equip is just as easy. Then I have the flexibility of different weapon types, and i'd even bet money that my 'all defense setup' will net better results vs evaders than you're average 'full offense envy/assault rifle setup', namely being that troa'ler pistol + my perk setup is quite efficient at dealing with evaders where the randomness of full auto against anyone with respectable def numbers just falls short every time.

The only thing I actually give up permanently in this equip is some heal delta from foot + left arm. Thats the ONLY permanent draw back with this equip. Everything else can be swapped around as needed to accommodate whatever my current needs are, and in the default evade build i'm quite tough to kill.

The hate tells when endgame fixers/soldiers miss full auto is absolutely hilarious by the way; another perk to this setup.

Thank you for explanation. But why not say Atrox adventurer? You get troaler with more attack rating, are unrootable, cocoon, heals, + proper evades, aad+HD without compromise?

On the other hand this setup I like a lot becouse, you simply pop on dual envies when you want to pvm, and have quite a lot of allaround firepower. How does it work in pvm? Might be epic fun on RK, with all the evades + ability to use basicly any weapon you so desire...

So the question then is, why would anyone roll assault rifle soldiers anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michizure View Post
    This'll be fixed for the next patch

Who the hell wants to roll another 220 toon in this game lol?

Rather shoehorn retarded MR hotswap ganks on engineer than roll a new toon.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by Georgesmith View Post
    But why not say Atrox adventurer?
    Its called "pioneering", something rolling another fotm cookie cutter has nothing to do with.
    Last edited by Metafizis; Mar 27th, 2013 at 14:12:08.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Dont turn this into next "enforcer is the nerfest" crap made by Gatester.

Well done, nice setup/post. Im thinking of going trox on my lifetime soli sol.. but was also considering what would i do if i did.
    Posted by Seventh: Has something to do with the fact that RL speaking im 172 sm high and weight 96 kg, all of which come in muscle form (and guessing your reaction about forum pvp, yes i can log into webcam )

Said the pixels lol..

Quote Originally Posted by Esqi View Post
    Well done, nice setup/post. Im thinking of going trox on my lifetime soli sol.. but was also considering what would i do if i did.
    Thanks for the support esq, i know how you hate evade sols!

Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Dont turn this into next "enforcer is the nerfest" crap made by Gatester.
    Really wasn't trying to, I don't think 'soldier is the nerfest', definitely not at the top of the totem pole but they're a solid mid-level class these days. Great in some scenarios, terrible in others, usually 'ok'. I just felt the need to respond to something that seemed really short sighted, thats all.

Really wasn't trying to, I don't think 'soldier is the nerfest', definitely not at the top of the totem pole but they're a solid mid-level class these days. Great in some scenarios, terrible in others, usually 'ok'. I just felt the need to respond to something that seemed really short sighted, thats all.
    Uhh, sorry, i posted it as response to Gatesters post.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    Good post.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    This might be the one of the best posts in this entire thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Metafizis View Post
    Its called "pioneering", something rolling another fotm cookie cutter has nothing to do with.
    I love the versatility of a soldier. The fact that you can do much more with a soldier then most other classes.
    Pre-SL/AI I had a 1he soldier, when there were no cookie cutters, just flat out fun.
    220/30/70 OMNI SOLDIER - Tyler "Tyfow" Fowler SMG/PDKP -First!
    220/22/64 OMNI BUREAUCRAT - Iliek "Vaporeon" Mudkipz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast