Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 220 Pvp Engineer.

Smile 220 Pvp Engineer.

I'm currently leveling a new main, my engi.

http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=194400

I've put together a setup which is somewhat decent, torn between Spec ed helm/Enh Jathos.
    (Shame I can't use Kegerns) .

My main question is breed, I'm currently nanomage for absorb/notum shield.
    But I'm slightly tempted to switch to Soli, could anyone help me out with pros/cons of breeds? even Opi/Trox if you like!

Some critique/build advice would be awesome. <3
    Last edited by Ansehx; Jan 27th, 2014 at 23:16:30.
    Diabetes - teh qt engi
    Anseh - teh nab nanotech
    Lethargic - teh gimp trader

Devil Inside

nanomage is the best (extra cocoon, extra reflect)
    trox is funny if you use mr
    solitus has some more heals
    opifex is the worst breed imo, since the only thing you gain is a few static evades which is not enough for anything pvp wise

Quote Originally Posted by Difs View Post
    nanomage is the best (extra cocoon, extra reflect)
    trox is funny if you use mr
    solitus has some more heals
    opifex is the worst breed imo, since the only thing you gain is a few static evades which is not enough for anything pvp wise
    opifex gets a bit more trickle AS skill too, which tbh is pretty useful.

Makes the biggest difference on trox--> opi conversion tho like all the advies did.

Trox is ok but maybe requires a bit more swapping around. Think I swap 4-5 items to cast pets and buff up.
    Haven't tried much pvp yet but MR can be fun.
    I need to take it off hotbar though so I can learn the basics first.

Nm is great for coon/nm shield perk line. I would advice you to ekip nm absorb in hud 1 and swap masterpiece util1 with stellar and acdc in util 3. Then you can swap util 1 alb infused nanoskill, util 3 Db3 and hud 2 nanocontroler by just click (usefull ).
    I got nearly same setup but i ekip kergen chest/helmet (you can swap omni and come back clan) because it gives you Aao+nanoskill+hp.
    I would swap CC glove for Pen ult engi for Chem buff (trickel for AS with sense) and use AS/pistol/chem Eye. The blind perk (2 perk only in alchemist) is really evil.
    You can use RA implant (burst AAO mech engi) if you are clan without tower, you might need it to keep 9s burst.

About breed, Solitius isnt that good because survival tick is far too slow, Control symbiant give nm enough abilities/trickle to be fine. Atrox is really interesting but you need to think a little more about the setup and build it around the breed (HP+MR imo).
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv
    Nhaundar 216/16 Trox enf <3 equip

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.
    * [Provision]: 500m if you can even dent me You gained 103 PVP Solo Score.

Quote Originally Posted by dritst View Post
    I got nearly same setup but i ekip kergen chest/helmet (you can swap omni and come back clan) because it gives you Aao+nanoskill+hp.
    The moment someone petitions it it'll be unequipped though, so that's one expensive item to get on just to have it removed later on :P
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    The moment someone petitions it it'll be unequipped though, so that's one expensive item to get on just to have it removed later on :P
    That should never happen. If it was intended that way it would have a Playshift req on it.

220s "Wakizaka", "Sneakygank", "Wakimango", "Wakisolja", "Tardersauce", "Bushwaki", "Midgetgank", "Bugfixxx", "Ramsbottom", "Paskadoc"
    200s Chrisd, Malema, Delbaeth
    TL5s Youfail, Bugfixx, Riothamus, Johndee

Proud President of Haven | TL5 PvP

Bit of a waste though, IMO. I usually count on non-AI armor spots to be swappable. Anyway I'd stay nanomage, at least until breed perks get updated (if ever).
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

Thanks for all the replies guys.

The Kegerns is pretty tempting, but grinding 2.5k tokens isn't something i'd like to do again .

My engi was soli at the time of writing this, just until I gather enough items to do alphas as nanomage, how easy is that btw? I'm guessing agil is the problem?
    I'm currently ai20 so Soli seems a bit gimped atm.
    I've got a modified aggression enhancer with 5% proj reflect on tho, which is kinda sweet.

I think Nanomage is the way to go really, even the IP feels better to me.
    I currently maxed evades so I couldn't max chem or IP psychology for towers, also wear CSS instead of CC (no reason, just preference) so I don't really need to IP much Percep, just enough to hotswap scope, both the AS scope and my 15 crit AI one.

Should I reset evades completely? How will it affect me in pvp? pve?

I'll use ofab gloves when I switch back and change AS eye for chem/AS instead of Ninit.
    Chem blind is pretty awesome on my trader, I'll have to use it on Engi too ;>.

As for LE perks, Congenial Encasement/Splinter Preservation I use, Is this cool? y/n
    Also, Notum shield worth perking as nm? If it stacks with Harmonic Cocoon, proc 'flect...that sounds very...very nice.

Thanks again

P.s In my original post the build I posted didn't have perks on, seems to bug sometimes.

but here's the Original. http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=194515
    Last edited by Ansehx; Jan 31st, 2014 at 05:45:45. Reason: Added link
    Diabetes - teh qt engi
    Anseh - teh nab nanotech
    Lethargic - teh gimp trader

Devil Inside

When you will be nm you gona have to retrim ip (CL/nanoskill) you should be able to max chem+First aid+AS+burst, all evade/nr/rs and enough perseption to swap dreadloch sniper with nanocontroller (need 1750 cl for Db3 util 3 too).

As for LE perks, Congenial Encasement/Splinter Preservation I use, Is this cool?
    yes

Also, Notum shield worth perking as nm? If it stacks with Harmonic Cocoon, proc 'flect...
    It does and it is pretty awesome

About ekiping alpha it is really easy. And for Kergern 2500 token isnt that much just farm vps+dailyz, if you are still solitius without alpha you got plenty of time to farm them ^^
    Eilistrae 220/30/70 MA equip pic //Araushne 216/30 NT equip pic // Nhaundar 220/30 pic equip // Ahlysaaria 220/30 equip
    Dritst 220/30 Agent equip pic // Vhaeraun 218/30 fixer // Dylinrae 217/30 trader // Seldszar 220/29 adv

* http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=544974 <3 ty, how some ppl can be
    * S*rovi1: cant log in game funcom not responding Mrdex: they're translating Mrdex: give em some time.
    * Phante: whining is directly proportional with incompetence imo the more you sux the more youll cry and ask for stupid stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wakizaka View Post
    That should never happen. If it was intended that way it would have a Playshift req on it.
    Tell that to the GM's who keeps on unequipping Arbalest from omni twinks ^^
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    Tell that to the GM's who keeps on unequipping Arbalest from omni twinks ^^
    Thay do? Sick and tired of the few noob gms that are floating around..

They can force reekip it (GM)

arbalest should be hackable, just like fred sleeves are for clan
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

I only went trox to be first 220 trox engi. If I made one today I would chose something else, as having to swap items is a bit annoying.
    When I make mistakes, I use a lot of salt,
    cause salt makes m'steaks taste great!

Beornin - The original Shotgun Adv
    Obsessive - First 220 Trox Engi
    Euthanizer - Reanimated NT

If Arbalest is hackable, then I demand easy access to medsuits, cheaper goods, better armour for low levels..
    I'm Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming View Post
    If Arbalest is hackable, then I demand easy access to medsuits, cheaper goods, better armour for low levels..
    You can roll a level 1 froob to collect medsuits for your clan alts. No amount of froobs alts will equip an arbalest on an omni toon.
    Waiting for a cure.

level as clan to desired level. equip arbalest. swap faction to omni.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

lol at this /failed trolling attempts. just because fc forgot the line on this, doesnt mean it wasnt there for the longest part of ao's existence. clan was the fairy tale stuff that most people would choose in the beginning and omni had the better gear and was therefore the faction for people really wanting to max out their toons. given that this has been perverted to clans now having better equipment, you have no right to ask for anything. period. however, omni should push harder not only to get clan phats, but also to restore this.

@wyoming
    fine, either make abalest/chicanery of independence hackable, or make micro-kinetic sleeves omni only, same as Medsuit, and let the clans "level to desired level then switch"

sounds fair to me

oh and as for cheaper goods, that depends on your CL skill, not side, if your on about selling stuff to shop, either try the tailor in newland OR roll a trader

better armor at lower levels? omni carb/storm carb is nice.
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒
    ▒▒▒▒▒▒▒

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast