Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Doctors and their Weapons

well my doc is currently lvl 72 and im using a stygian for PvM
    it works out nice cause of the fastattack recharge and it doesnt use too much IP cause its only 2 skills to raise (yay!) but for PvP i use the frost scythe because of the consitant dmg my only downfall is a rooting class... so far tho ive been able to kill any enf/ma ive come across (not freshman yet) but 2he seems to be a good wep choice atm since at 161 i can get a qb on

well if anyone has any thoughts on the 2he doc thing lemme know only 2he doc ive seen at high lvl is docleelee and she does pretty darn good hehe

Teetto uses 2HE (Enhanced Queen Blade). He's Freshman now but he was Rookie before. I heard rumors that this character was recently ebayed though -- yes, rumors, it may not be true so if it isn't, don't shoot me

The main problem I have with any sort of melee weapon as a Doctor is roots/snares. There are quite a few professions with these methods to keep you away, and as melee that just totally screws you over. I like my range

Teet isnt ebay, we still talk in Dutch together about stuff and he recognises me as Letah on Vhir. He uses PoP again btw so it shows how good EQB is.

Vhir / 215 Doctor
    Nynke / 205 Agent
    Letah / 200 Doctor
    Firerose / 200 Soldier

Yeah I'm back, no need to ask your ebay-check questions

Letah i cant understand how u can lvl so fast
    Hmm.. personnaly i use Caterwaul with a 250 VE (around 850 in AS Skill at lvl 140) and i love it. I do 2k+ AS a lot of time

Started out with a x3 but soon found out that againsr PvM My manatex Ql 200 roxxors with high inis so i guess ill stick with that

Started off using freedoms arms 'back in the day'. Then a pillow, or two Until the full ipr where i put on a mausser. Then I was into alts for a while, and not until the release of the MCS did I pick up my doc again. I used a MCS effectivley until able to equip a Manex december. I set up everything in my armor, and implants to get the most Ranged init possible, and found that it was pretty effective. Missioning with a QB (before EQB) enfo my single hits were doing comparative damage, however slower. I stuck with manex until 180.

Well, i NOW use a POP and Leech combo.

In PVM I can solo real means and aces quite easily, I was even in IS the other day single pulling the mobs in the second room and soloing them. In PVP however, I need time to kill an opponent. It all depends on your setup, and how you are implanted as to how you do against different opponents. Relying on a special attack isn't my style, that is why I stuck with pop. Cat for me is a weapon that screams nerf, and I am conservative with my IPR's, so I'll not be switching out of my current set up in fears of moving to something better, only to have it nerfed. Plus, there is always the stuff thats going to be included down the line.

BTW: in mass PVP, I think that even if i had 50+ 'experienced' players standing in Medsuits weilding 2xpillows, i would be targetted.
    ..ANARCHY ONLINE..
    ALIENZQUEST
    Storm

My weapons? Temporal chalice and Tear-saoked pillow... I think im one of the few docs who actually doesent fight, at all. The only thing my Doc will EVER do in combat situations is heal those who are fighting. I dont think people mind that though because im so effective at what i do. Personally I havent figured out what advantage (if any) there is to a doc wielding a weapon of any sort... mabey someone can fill me in on that one?
    Hi! I'm a signature virus. Copy me into your signature to help me spread.
    "Ublmachienen" Evil robot commander of RK2
    "Monswuki" Rimor's Freind of the Animals

I was mualed by a pack of rabid leets, and my genitals have not been reconstructed, but I do have some good news... I just save a load of money on my yalm insurance by switching to Gieco!

Originally posted by Monswuki
    Personally I havent figured out what advantage (if any) there is to a doc wielding a weapon of any sort... mabey someone can fill me in on that one?
    PVP. Period.

I use Ithaca too, but I am thinking about going Cat, PoP/Parasitic or Para/Para. I'll wait for Shadowlands though.
    Last edited by Eldor; Jul 8th, 2003 at 23:50:36.
    That's me!

A very nice thread this

For PvM I use X3 with TIM scope for the higher base dmg and AS.
    For PvP I use the CAT with a 250 VE because of the fast AS cycle. Very Deadly!

Im not very impressed with the X3 so far, but that is partially because my skills have not yet climaxed to their full potential.
    Switching between X3 and Cat is often a drag. Switching from PvM to PvP needs a little bit of planning due to this and because of that I often resist the urge to pvp..

However this combo is good and steady, and now and again I do 10k AS'es in pvm with the x3. Normally I do about 2k though, so not that fantastic since the recycle only allows me to AS once every 2 to 3 mobs.

Well.. let's see..

Used x-3 until I could equip a ql 200 Cat without it oe'ing. tbh, an x-3 isn't _that_ bad in PvP. it does some dmg, if you hit
    Been using Cat for a while now, but as my guildies say "Arena is such a drama" and towerfights isn't the best place for us pom-pom docs (anyone using healing light and higher.. which would be the majority of all docs that actually use a weapon).
    I'm thinking about putting down rifle, so bored with it..

Anyone tried Maw of the Abyss yet? Some damage calculations on Maw, X-3, PoP and Manex. Assuming 900 RI, 800 AR, 600 specialskill. 5k AC's over 300s. 4% crit rather than 3%, as we'll be using a TIM scope

Manex: 100607 without burst, 111119 with.

X-3: 74550. Now, AS is pretty hard to calculate, but with some 600 AS, you'd get 5 AS recharges in 300s.

Maw: 115340 without fling, 122450 with.

PoP: 85020 without burst and fling, 106182 with. (assuming 800 AR from PoP is hardly fair, as it's 1) a light blue skill for docs and 2) it'd be OE at 800 AR.. but it's just for so-so comparison.

As you can see, Maw outdamages every other of the more popular doc guns, even if you were to boycott fling shot (.. for some strange reason). And smacking in a QB here too, just for the fun of it

QB: 99862 without brawl, 104377 with.

But pure overtime damage isn't everything in PvP.. this was PvM
    Sputtnick is a 200 doc. Pretty much retired, like all other characters I have.

Triplef did 933 Team missions looking for GA. Now he's retired.

Sarlos, good for calming missions.

Skage, next in line.

Recently i equipped myself a weapon too, as i wanted to have something in my hands except everlasting bouquet of flowers

So i decided to go on ql 184 Krutt Waltzing Queen Special (if i got the name right) So far it's nice to do some little dmg in pvm, not much interested in pvp even though some of you might've seen me in tower battles (i heal, i don't shoot As that gun is heavily crit dependant, i've also equipped myself a ql 202 scope...adds to crits nicely (after equipping it, i've noticed all i care anymore are the crits, not even the exp interests me much

But guns never really interested me, just wanted something else to try after leveling 164 levels basically "just" healing
    Lady Raydente Orlando
    Doctor 209 (15) Equip
    Proud Executive of HUGE, Inc

Also known as:
    Priestess Elving Orlando | Master Raymer Orlando | Shadoray |

Semi-Retired

im a 190 doc and i use pop + Parasitic Hecataleech atm ........ the pvm dmg is great and for duells its a really nice choice for docs i think. i have np with tl6 soldiers or enfos so far

helo there all

I'm a doc 200 in RK2, i've looted a Maw of the Abiss the first day of IS, and it realy realy rocks in PVM. 650-1350 damages each shots 'n' 1500 crit, to use with a TIM scope.

i use a cat in PVP, but it's realy hard to find opponents who accepts dueling me with this weapon.

ps: scuz me for the bad english, it's not my native tongue :/

I got One CDR on at lvl 41, If i can find an engineer to give me extreme prejustice i can kill full red mobs in less than 20 sec. I out damage almost any frost schythe enf at my lvl.

I would suggest going pistol for only one other reason other that the Custom desert reet. If you are a nanomage you can get jess pistols and other int buffing pistols so you can wear better armour.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12