Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rage line

Rage line

Enforcers rejoice. No longer will you be Slightly Miffed and a Little Cranky. Prepare to Rage, because a fix for the Rage line is coming (I always get em rolling in the aisles). It's slated for 14.2, so keep an eye out for it.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Re: Rage line

Originally posted by Cosmik
    Enforcers rejoice. No longer will you be Slightly Miffed and a Little Cranky. Prepare to Rage, because a fix for the Rage line is coming (I always get em rolling in the aisles). It's slated for 14.2, so keep an eye out for it.
    I for one say , WOOT.

umm what about they low lights anf info on those?

Cosmik you rock.

Do a search for Cosmiks posts today he already answered the LLTS issue.

w00t.

you could have put up a link or the board the answer was in, beer. :P

HOORAY! The bumping paid off....

I hope you read our feedback and took our suggestions to the devs. I'm going to summarize em here anyway :

• Make Rage break roots as a result of the program being cast, not as a result of a tick of the DoT. Waiting 4-6 seconds, in addition to cast time of rage (mostly instantaneous, but maybe not if you are not on full aggro), is too long, and I get toasted in that amount of time
    • Make Rage remove those other combat programs as it never did, I'm hoping that you're taking a portion of the epsilon purge code and usin it here
    • Make Rage continually remove roots and other harmful combat programs while it is running.... Recasting it every time is impractical and takes too much nano. Plus, there's nothing in the description that says we have to recast it every time we get hit with something.

Ideally I'd like to see:
    1) Get rooted
    2) Cast rage
    3) Root Breaks
    4) Get rooted again (rage still running!)
    5) If root not resisted due to nano resist, root breaks due to rage running in NCU.

Of course, I'm biased, but hey, I'm offering my suggestions
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Originally posted by Arinia
    Ideally I'd like to see:
    1) Get rooted
    2) Cast rage
    3) Root Breaks
    4) Get rooted again (rage still running!)
    5) If root not resisted due to nano resist, root breaks due to rage running in NCU.
    Thats the way Rage worked before it was broken.

hellz yea!
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Wink ANGER

yay, can we get some details of the fix plz?
    i'm REALLY looking forward to 14.2 now
    thanx for the heads up Cosmik
    *kisses cosmik*

-Nieth
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

h00t, w00t, break da mofo r00t !!
    Belgian Linolea Beer, General of Storm
    Fat Nofx Mike, Storm

(Stay) Don't think
    (Home) Drink your wine
    (Be) Watch the fire burn
    (Safe) His problems not mine
    Just be that model citizen

Shameless Self-Promotion: Lino's Fan"Art" : AO meets Southpark

It'd be nice if it actually did what it said on the box and removed *other* combat related buffs - the ones I'd like it to remove are the melee init debuffs.

PvM - I can live with DoTs, trader debuffs, or MPs dominating me but the one that really hacks me off is that huge init debuff docs drop on you.

and at last the silence is broken.
    Tis good news by the sound of it.
    Now, if you would please also in 14.2 stop the ability for others to simply cast a debuff on themselves to remove roots it will actually make our line of nano's useful and worth using again!

Originally posted by RedSonja
    will actually make our line of nano's useful and worth using again!
    Its already usfull to share some damage spam with your team mates while using it for an Init-Buff

Originally posted by RedSonja
    and at last the silence is broken.
    Tis good news by the sound of it.
    Now, if you would please also in 14.2 stop the ability for others to simply cast a debuff on themselves to remove roots it will actually make our line of nano's useful and worth using again!
    We're working on it.
    Earn free game time and play with your friends[/b]

Anarchy Online Community Representative

Originally posted by Bierbauch

Thats the way Rage worked before it was broken.

Noo, the way it worked before was:

• Get rooted
    • Cast rage
    • Wait for 1 or 2 ticks of the DoT (4-6 seconds minimum)
    • Get "Nanoprogram Pyramid Marketing terminated" message
    • Realize that you still can't move because the game still thinks you are rooted
    • 2-4 seconds later, move 2 feet
    • Get re rooted
    • Must now RECAST rage because already running rage will not break new roots.

Cub will back me up on this one, won't you Cub

This is why I ALWAYS used self debuffs, because they actually work nearly instantaneously.

What I was saying is that I want the root to break nearly instantaneously the second I cast rage, just like when I cast HW incomp on myself right now. AND in addition, not to have to recast rage every time I'm rooted, if rage is still running, it should remove that root immediately without the need for a recast. Total instantaneous breaking would be imbalancing, but at least pit it against root cost/recharge. i.e. Someone should not be able to continually chain root me, keep me at bay, and kill me without me ever getting in range due to root recharge being too short They should be able to keep me away to a certain extent, but never be able to root me without a chance of me hitting them, due to timing issues.

Also, put My nanopool / rage cost vs. Agent's nanopool / root cost and the Agent has enough nano to outroot me all the time, even with my first aids. Of course by then I'd be critted to death about 5 times
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Rage running (up until they prevented it from breaking roots at all) has always broken new roots on me. Until they broke Rage, I had no problems beating rooting classes.

Now, I don't even bother (except it's fun to race fixers with since most of them don't know it adds to run speed)

u can still kill roots classes...u just gotta have a runspeed that is 2x or 3x faster than theirs
    Supersoly lvl 220 Atrox Enforcer
    Fearthis lvl 200 Opi MA
    Tehsoly lvl 60 Atrox Enforcer

and a lvl 160+ sold...

Legion

Wink RAGE

make it cancel roots/poisions(especially poisons imo)/slows/init debuffs/deprive/ransacksetc./all the unmake style nanos
    this will make it so enforcers can come out swinging against these classes, and really be a big hard hitter in PvP, as we were meant to be
    combat classes need to be able to get into combat

-Nieth
    The bird of paradise alights only upon the hand that does not grasp

The original Goddess of Stabbitty Death

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast