Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Doctor breeds.. nanomage vs solitus

Doctor breeds.. nanomage vs solitus

There seems to be a common misconception that Nanomages are somehow better in casting nanos than Solitus are.

The reality is that nanomage is not better, the differences at high level (200) are that nanomage gets either 800 health less, and +6 nanoskills versus solitus, or 1000 health less and +30 nanoskills vs solitus. Nanomage does not get noticably more nano points than a solitus, the only bonus comes from 32 points higher psychic which gives.. +40 nano, I think.

Nanomage gets less health per body dev point than a solitus, but no advantage, for example not more nano per nano pool point. The 'advantage' of nanomage comes at level 165-175 when solitus INT caps at 480, and nanomages can raise it till 512. That's 32 points of intelligence, which equals 6.4 points in all nanoskills (5 INT = 1 nanoskill).

At level 200 the nanomage doctor has gained 800 health less than a solitus of equal level. If the nanomage has been lucky enough to obtain the Expensive Kevlar Vest of Professor Jones (and the +20 version of it!), he has 30 points more all nanoskills than the solitus. Without the vest the nanomage has 6 points higher nanoskills than the solitus. With the vest the nanomage can cast the best temp hp buff, Life Channeler, giving him +100 hp over Superior Life Reinforcement that the solitus, and nanomage without vest, would have to use. On the other hand, if you don't use the vest you can use MK2 body armor for +140 health, or the Living Dragon body armor for +300 health.

Without the vest you can cast all the nanos that a nanomage with vest can, except the highest dots and temp hp buff.. and as I just explained, the benefit of life channeler vs superior life reinforcement is negated by the fact that the nanomage with vest can't use a body armor with +hp. And the DoTs really are quite useless.

Being nanomage and using the vest may give you a few nanos before your solitus, and non-vested nanomage, friends at level 160-190 cap, but later on you gain very little. Certainly nothing to negate the 1000 health penalty you get from being a nanomage and using the vest.

I like this discussion before it has even started

My thesus would be more like this tho:

Between 2 casual players who are having fun with there chars but aren't completely focussed in what Letah once called "numbercrunching". Solitus would be the prefered, non dying class with still more then average heals.

For crunchers (like myself, lucky to have a vest tho) those 30 points of nanopoints are far from trivial. The 1K HP's are a bit annoying, but at 155 where I can selfbuff over 6200 HP I don't realy care because I only lose more then say 40% of that when it's late and I'm more or less falling asleep. For me, those HP's are trivial under normal team circumstances. The instances that I do die (happens ) I don't think the 1K HP's would have saved me against 2 or 3 rm enfs with a grudge.

I think for someone starting up on the game and wanting to make a fun to play doc, Solitus would be the best choice 100% of the time. For people who want to get the absolute most out of everything that is labeled nano (and have some serious recourses) nanomage would be best. That is, however, a mcompletely useless remark, since someone in that situation would already know this

Cosmik promised some "nanomage love", or at least distinction for shadowlands, I hope it's not a big biomech type helm labeled "shoot me, I'm nearly dead anyways"

-mah
    Corine "Lifedelite" Harrist - 198 clan doc - Rimor - President of EcoDisaster <---- semi-retired
    Angel "Speeddragon" Dust - 74 clan Fix - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- semi-fanatic
    Fighter "Reflekt" Gunz - 169 clan Sol - Rimor - EcoDisaster <---- I like Guns! equipment

My first doc ever was nanomage. I then rerolled to make a solitus...Right now I wish I WAS nanomage because I might be able to get the vest sooner or later, along with the shades. And a good point Mahdi has is having 1k more hp really doesn't matter when 3 enfs are pounding on you.

Then again, if I wasn't able to get the shades or vest being a solitus and wearing str/stam or stam/psy armor or any other combination easily is a good thing.

Overall I am very happy with being a solitus but would be happier with a nanomage with the vest and shades

I am of the opinion, and going to get flamed here i know, that the difference in hp isnt that much of a problem for the nano doc. (except in PvP which i know nothing about). The only time now at 150+ that myself or a team mate dies is when there are multiple adds we cant crowd control or kill fast enough. when the mob comes singly or two at a time the damage taken isnt that much.
    PvP is obvioulsy very different.

When you get to 200 you'll notice that there's very little things left to do. PvP's one of them, and killing unique mobs is the other one. Both are things where you need to be able to deal out a lot of damage and to be able to take a lot of beating in a short period of time.

Talking

So Auno, if you could go back and do it over again what would you pick?

Yup, thats pretty funny. I remember reading somewhere where solitus enforcers can get their 2hb like 200 points higher (maybe not that much, but I know it was A LOT higher).

Makes you wonder if they are going to tweak the breeds, or is it being "saved for Shadowlands".

if iwas to start over i would be a atrox, they rule. I have done it with a nt. and my atrox is better. I will in my spare time, do this with an atrox doc and compare.
    i will be a doc with a beam ......

*and if you really want to know, none of the breeds are a bad choice. they all have benifits. and negitives.

i am an opifex doc, and i think opifex is a good doc breed, let me explain

strength and agility are green, which is nice!
    body dev is light blue, nano pool is green

bio met mat met green

other nanoskills light blue and dark blue cept for treatment being green

i like opifex a lot...oh and at level 108 i have 4000 hp, thats pretty high i believe

Everything except str/agi/sta/int/sen/psy is based on profession, not breed btw. We all have light blue body dev, green nano, etc etc.
    Daren "Talanie" Briggs

Achiever 93% | Killer 73% | Explorer 33% | Socializer 0%

Originally posted by Robo
    i am an opifex doc, and i think opifex is a good doc breed, let me explain

strength and agility are green, which is nice!
    body dev is light blue, nano pool is green

bio met mat met green

other nanoskills light blue and dark blue cept for treatment being green

i like opifex a lot...oh and at level 108 i have 4000 hp, thats pretty high i believe
    Not meant to be a flame mate, few things to point out tho....

Strength and Sense are green for a opifex

Body dev and Nano pool colours are breed independent(amount given for each point is not)

All other skills are determined by class, i.e. BM/BM etc will be green on trox/mage etc

Bottom line for me stats wise is the horrid int cap for opis, not as bad as atrox I suppose

I'm sure any class can make a doc, which to me is a little dumb, and a little too soft for my tastes. I think the bonuses/penalties for each race should be major and massivley determine ur character. The only race/doc combo which is a real swine to overcome for me is trox, massive int drop and the smaller nano pool.

MAINS:
    Qwerty On ots most wanted list, considered armed and extremely deadly
    Asp Strikes like a snake...
    Wiinston Short n' fat
    Qwerty2 I'm on RBK1!

TWINKS:
    Sqwerty|WizardX|Wrandle

Strength and Sense are green for a opifex
    Sense & Agility.
    Velveeta - The best atrox doctor on Rubi-Ka 1!
    Aiboforcen - A change of pace..
    Shikhi - The return!

Digital Gunfire - Music to level by.

LMAO!

Well now anyone can know the reason I have that bullet hole in my head, for times like this when I drop a clannger so immense oblivion is my only rest bite

Meant to write Sense and Agility, was late I was tired etc

MAINS:
    Wiinston Short n' fat
    Qwerty2 I'm on RBK1!

TWINKS:
    Sqwerty|WizardX|Wrandle

Originally posted by Qwerty

Body dev and Nano pool colours are breed independent(amount given for each point is not)
    An Atrox NT will have green nano pool and dark blue body dev, just like a nano NT.

Each breed has a specific bonus yes, but the colors are profession, not breed dependant.

Originally posted by Piercingevil

An Atrox NT will have green nano pool and dark blue body dev, just like a nano NT.

Each breed has a specific bonus yes, but the colors are profession, not breed dependant.
    Er Evil thats what I said, do you understand what the result of applying a negative to a word is ? I.e. "breed independent" would mean that the breed has no effect on colour, they are mutally exclusive. However I assume you believe I said "breed dependent". That being the countenance of what was being stated. Just read before replying

MAINS:
    Wiinston Short n' fat
    Qwerty2 I'm on RBK1!

TWINKS:
    Sqwerty|WizardX|Wrandle

if iwas to start over i would be a atrox, they rule. I have done it with a nt. and my atrox is better. I will in my spare time, do this with an atrox doc and compare.
    i will be a doc with a beam

At low levels, Atrox are good for any profession...even Doctor.

At higher levels, when you take breed attribute caps into consideration, Atrox is a poor choice for a doctor.

Doctor nanos have the some of the highest nanocosts (at higher levels). With the small nanopool of an atrox, it could be a potential problem.

Another issue is the IP cost for INT/PSY which are both dark blue for atrox.

Er Evil thats what I said, do you understand what the result of applying a negative to a word is ? I.e. "breed independent" would mean that the breed has no effect on colour, they are mutally exclusive. However I assume you believe I said "breed dependent". That being the countenance of what was being stated. Just read before replying
    I just misread what you posted, and wanted to make people aware of the fact that profession makes a huge impact on HP.

I understand the result of blah blah blah, I take a relaxed tone when writing in a games forum -- I just misread. No need for an English lesson.

Originally posted by Piercingevil

I just misread what you posted, and wanted to make people aware of the fact that profession makes a huge impact on HP.

I understand the result of blah blah blah, I take a relaxed tone when writing in a games forum -- I just misread. No need for an English lesson.
    Quite right, apologises for the unwarranted reply

MAINS:
    Wiinston Short n' fat
    Qwerty2 I'm on RBK1!

TWINKS:
    Sqwerty|WizardX|Wrandle

Quite right, apologises for the unwarranted reply
    Hey! What's up with that Doc link, did you try to trick me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast