Thread: Ranged Init

Ranged Init

I'm trying to find a definitive answer. What ranged init score do you need to fire 'as fast as possible' on a perennium blaster on full defensive? I was told that every 600 ranged init lowers your time by 1 second on attack, .5 second on recharge, but that's on full offense.

You will need roughly 1050 ranged init to reach 1/1 on full def.

60 init reduces attack by 0.1 sec and recharge by 0.2 sec. Thus the attack-speed is the thing that takes time to cap, being 1 sec / 600 init.

The numbers above are true no matter where your agg/def-slider is.
    At full def you suffer - .75 secs to both attack and recharge.

so to try print out the formula...using seconds.

(1 + 0.75 ) * 600 = 1050
    (Attackspeed + Full def penalty) * Inits required for a second off.

Hope that made sense.
    You can also use this site http://auno.org/ao/dmg.php to play around with it.

Thanks

Thanks. Too bad there's no "Give me the best setting" button for agg/def. I'm at 600 ranged init, will probably spend next five levels buffing it to go full defensive.

you can go max def with lower than 1050 ranged inits though. just makes you shoot slower and use more of your evades.
    have a hard time thinking you`re gonna get 450 ranged inits in 5 lvls so.
    and when you have gotten 1050 ranged inits, then raise it 300ish more so you can equip a crit scope.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Quote Originally Posted by securitywyrm
    Thanks. Too bad there's no "Give me the best setting" button for agg/def. I'm at 600 ranged init, will probably spend next five levels buffing it to go full defensive.

THere is

http://www.unityoftherose.com/tools/aggdefcalc.htm

Insert your ranged init, and weapon speed and hti calculate..voila you have the best setting :P
    Zaxxan
    Lvl 205 Soldier
    Clan
    House Maadiah

If you don't like the XP pool because you are "Old School":
    After you die type "/terminate"........ right I didn't think so.

450 init

Well if I change from the 'viral targeting subnet' (-300 inits, +4 crit chance), and use the enhanced target aquisition one (+133 ranged init), bada bing, that's 433 ranged init buff right there. I wouldn't mind doing less crits to be able to use maximum evades. I'm an opifex so I have those maxed.

Quote Originally Posted by securitywyrm
    the enhanced target aquisition one (+133 ranged init),
    If you mean TIM scope it's +180 RI.... (+133 is Offensive Steam Roller )
    Neophyte/Sergeant/Tactician Escritores - Proud General of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 220/27/56 - Soldier - Equip - outdated...
    Poacher Overpoweredz - Proud UC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 169/9/X - ADV - Equip outdated
    Chiropractor/Tactician Kartoon - Proud SC of ..:Nordic Alliance:.. - 150/12/12 - Doctor - TL5 PvP incoming. Under construction.
    Also a Freshman Crat, Freshman/Student/Squire/Captain Keep, Freshman/Phreaker/Scout Fix and a bunch of other tower punks and alts...
    Soldier Weaponrack: Anger of Xan, Dreadloch Modified Shark, Amplified KOC-Type 13, Lord Of Anger, AHF, SRPB, KOC-Type 12, KOEC-Type 3, 179-214-237 Coop, Supernova, Omni-Flamer.
    Gromulator: Go troll in your cavern , mr happy Bunny.
    Romaas about lvl 49 soldier BS twinks using CDR's
    Quote Originally Posted by Romaas View Post
    at 49 its totally awesome damage.

Yeah

Yeah, TIM scope. Ya know the one i'm talking about.

Too bad that's all people go to foremans for. That's why TOTW is so popular and Foremans is a ghost town, because there's just nothing worth going there for when it's a challenge to get. Foremans needs to have a bunch of nodrop leveling items in the loot lists. THAT would make it attractive (Leveling bot trimmers, cyber armor, etc)

Very helpful thread all. Being still newb-ish (less than 6 months) and never having read the manuals thoroughly, I was cranking init without regard to what negative effects might occur.

Kudos.....