Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Locking the Silverback

For me the thing boils down to this, I payed for LE pre-order even. And as a engy, I have yet to see any value for my money. Yeah sure I got a nice ability boost, and LE pistol is kickass in PvM.
    But don't forget this is a PvP expansion, I want my PvP stuff now, not when some distant 17.2 patch gets here. And there is no reason for it to contain a engineer PvP weapon.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Hmm, what does this do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwenneth View Post
    The Silverback is another story tho, it's essentially crap, no trader out there will use it.

Please take away the AS from it again, totally unnecesary.
    I'm sorry, but you seem confused; it is the AS that will make traders use it, thus it is necessary. You know, because otherwise the gun is, as you so succinctly put it, crap.
    In stage 1 we say nothing is going to happen.
    Stage 2, we say something may be about to happen, but we should do nothing about it.
    In stage 3, we say that maybe we should do something about it, but there's nothing we can do.
    Stage 4, we say maybe there was something we could have done, but it's too late now.

Docs have got a nice boost to shotgun skills with LE, via ofab armour boosts, and research boosts, yet we haven't got anything new to use these skills with.

If we wanna pvp, we're stuck using same old shotty thats been used for years, that is useless pvm, it's about time we're given one weapon that has a good use for both, and with a docs AR, AS is the only thing we got in pvp.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Changes can't happen overnight. Funcom can't give love to everyone at the same time (but they can nerf all cocoon professions in one go :/ ). Let the traders get their long overdue love, they deserve it. tl7 traders are an extinct species. MPs, Docs etc etc will get their time.
    ...and that's the way the cookie crumbles...

i want this gun for my crat. Preferreably with AS cause that would make it a decent pvm/pvp gun. q200ish Silver is what i would equip cause i dont have css/cc set for my crat
    sad that it gets locked imo cause lots of supportprofessions actually could use some pvp love just as traders do.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

You're support, you're supposed to suck. Now engi will suck too after cocoon nerfs.
    And traders won't win fights with silverback cause they will still die before AS on their gun recharge.

Well, maybe traders can ask for triple aimshot proc with reflect disabler on it... After all - traders and NTs are masters of reflects can raise it more than any1 else and debuff it better than any1 else.
    /sarcasm off
    Kuznechik, Board member of Disciples of Omni-Tek (and few dozens of alts)
    DoOT is recruiting
    -------
    Well, as a well-known fact - I know nothing (especially about engineers).

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    You're support, you're supposed to suck. Now engi will suck too after cocoon nerfs.
    And traders won't win fights with silverback cause they will still die before AS on their gun recharge.

Well, maybe traders can ask for triple aimshot proc with reflect disabler on it... After all - traders and NTs are masters of reflects can raise it more than any1 else and debuff it better than any1 else.
    /sarcasm off
    most traders (from forums) will say this won't do much <3 for traders..
    more damage? whats the point of more damage when everybody can kill you in 3-5 hits?

I think they should make a upgrade from apf that upgrades to silverback to:
    1.1/1.1 attack/recharge.....and 300-700(700) damage....and then make that trader only...

then it won't feel weird and stupid that only 1 out of 14 (?) LE weapons are locked
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

/sarcasm off
    I am not support and no i am not supposed to suck.
    and engies wont suck after cocoon nerfs
    and the silverback wont mean that crats will suddenly be uber pvpers.
    Lillagumman 220/24 Soldier stuff
    Shibari 220/14 Crat Shibari about to be reconfigurated stuff
    Froo 165/12 Adventurer
    no i dont have more alts.
    I miss Satenia
    Sith of Avatars Reloaded

Firstly, the Silverback was locked as we wanted to help Traders in PVP a little further, but realized that another AS weapon that wasn't locked could be potentially bad in the long term. (Yes, its not the be all and end all of possible trader improvements, but its a start, and one we could do quickly and easily)

And yes, there will be some new weapons and toys in 17.2
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

I think FC was in a huge rush to launch LE....
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    Firstly, the Silverback was locked as we wanted to help Traders in PVP a little further, but realized that another AS weapon that wasn't locked could be potentially bad in the long term. (Yes, its not the be all and end all of possible trader improvements, but its a start, and one we could do quickly and easily)

Thanks for letting us know Sil

Do we have an eta for 17.2? And when might we be able to drag the details out of you?

I ask because I am currently full ipr'ing my engi to get setup for pvp but i dont want to end up finding that ive made the wrong choice when 17.2 arrives :/ (I know there are several in my org who have just finished their final setups only to find they have to start all over again)

Thanks again
    Sillanto

If the Silverback is profession locked Sil, could it at least be locked to professions sharing the Shotgun Mastery perkline please? Otherwise I don't see any point in training this line and even in having it in engi group perks, since neither ithaca nor onehander requires perks to be equipped, and are the only currently available shotguns for pvp (pre-SL weapons...).
    220 RK2 engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Sillanto View Post
    Do we have an eta for 17.2? And when might we be able to drag the details out of you?
    That will depend on 17.1 to some degree, but I would imagine it will be no more then five to six weeks away, maybe less if 17.1 goes smoothly.
    Last edited by Silirrion; Jan 26th, 2007 at 13:45:06.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

How about the ofab tiger beeing practically as good AS weapon as the silverback? Can I safely IPR my doc and equip one of those or is it suddenly going to be locked to MPs someday in the future?

Please keep in mind that AS does NOT increase our survivability in both PVM and PVP. As most of our Toolset is really outdated since the release of SL. Please give me the feeling back, that I am a usefull part of a Team.

Angry

AOID 264891: Ofab Silverback Mk 5 (QL 300)

In the orbital fabrication plants of the battle stations, this shotgun was forged to the highest specifications.

-[Attributes]-

AMSCap: 2600
    AmmoType: 4
    AnimSet: 3
    AttackDelay: 1.4
    AttackRange: 25
    Can: Carry, Wear, FlingShotWeaponFlag
    CriticalBonus: 600
    DamageType: ChemicalAC
    DefaultPos: RightHand
    EquipDelay: 6
    EquipmentPage: Weapon
    Flags: VisibleFlag, ModifiedDescription, NoDrop
    Icon: 264802
    InitiativeType: RangedInit.
    Mass: 0.4
    MaxDamage: 600
    MaxEnergy: 75
    Mesh: 9013
    MinDamage: 240
    MoreFlags: 0
    QL: 300
    RechargeDelay: 1.4
    Slot: RightHand
    Value: 3000
    WeaponMesh: 264713
    Attack skill: Shotgun 100%
    Defense skill: DuckExp 100%

-[Actions]-

ToWield
    Operator = Is Set Statistic = Expansion Target = Self Value = 32
    ChildOp = And Operator = Greater Than Statistic = Shotgun Target = Self Value = 2200
    ChildOp = And Operator = Greater Than Statistic = FlingShot Target = Self Value = 1100

-[Events]-

OnActivate
    Name = AttractorEffect Target = Self TickCount = 1 TickInterval = 0
    Name = Func_53075 Target = Self TickCount = 1 TickInterval = 0

AOID 264898: Ofab Silverback Mk 6 (QL 300)

In the orbital fabrication plants of the battle stations, this shotgun was forged to the highest specifications.

-[Attributes]-

AMSCap: 2600
    AmmoType: 4
    AnimSet: 3
    AttackDelay: 1.5
    AttackRange: 25
    Can: Carry, Wear, FlingShotWeaponFlag, AimedShotWeaponFlag
    CriticalBonus: 600
    DamageType: ChemicalAC
    DefaultPos: RightHand
    EquipDelay: 6
    EquipmentPage: Weapon
    Flags: VisibleFlag, ModifiedDescription, NoDrop
    Icon: 264803
    InitiativeType: RangedInit.
    Mass: 0.4
    MaxDamage: 550
    MaxEnergy: 75
    Mesh: 9013
    MinDamage: 230
    MoreFlags: 0
    QL: 300
    RechargeDelay: 1.5
    Slot: RightHand
    Value: 3000
    WeaponMesh: 264715
    Attack skill: Shotgun 100%
    Defense skill: DuckExp 100%

-[Actions]-

ToWield
    Operator = Is Set Statistic = Expansion Target = Self Value = 32
    ChildOp = And Operator = Equal To Statistic = Profession Target = Self Value = Trader
    ChildOp = And Operator = Greater Than Statistic = Shotgun Target = Self Value = 2200
    ChildOp = And Operator = Greater Than Statistic = FlingShot Target = Self Value = 1100
    ChildOp = And Operator = Greater Than Statistic = AimedShot Target = Self Value = 1100

-[Events]-

OnActivate
    Name = AttractorEffect Target = Self TickCount = 1 TickInterval = 0
    Name = Func_53075 Target = Self TickCount = 1 TickInterval = 0

Is this meant to be funny? The Trader Version is doing less DMG (even less min DMG which is already kind of low) and has longer Attack time and Recharge time?
    *sniff* that is not the kind of improvement I hoped to get

This really seems stupid imo, just because this will be the only ofab weapon locked to only one prof.
    Ofc, i have a very distinct sensation that docs/mps/crats wont get anything usefull for pvp out of 17.2 , just like i got nothing truely usefull out of LE.

/end rant

haha..
    So get a MK5 for pvm and a MK6 for pvp... if that's worth it to you.
    *smacks head on wall*

Way to go...
    /me goes away to laugh off in some corner..
    Deadly Whisper - RK1
    too many alts for to little space

I'm sure that i will use the MK6 for PvP *and* PvM, and i think my damage will be competitive to other professions, unless i'm too busy tanking
    Syy

Retired Doc Professional

but sil, you gotta realize: alot of us (or at least me, which is why im bringing this up) used our mass IPR to reset our skills earlier, cause nobody told us if the mass IPR was gonna be around for 1 week or 1 year. and then we looked at what our options were, and some used their ip. i didnt use ip on a weapon cause a 2nd ipr was 'a possibility'. so now your keeping those like myself who didnt choose a weapon another patch, unless of course i want to use ip and use my single IPR's later, which is even less fair.

its not right.you give us a mass ipr, but don't give us any time frame, or reason to switch from the weapons we used pre-LE, and then throw all this pvp oriented material ingame without actually giving half of the professions a viable pvp equipment with this expansion (and even further, nothing that has pvp and pvm on the same line.)

wtb some weapon sooner than 17.2, or guarantee us our 2nd mass IPR when all of these new weapons come out.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalitus View Post
    Please keep in mind that AS does NOT increase our survivability in both PVM and PVP. As most of our Toolset is really outdated since the release of SL. Please give me the feeling back, that I am a usefull part of a Team.
    this thread isn't about the usefulness of the silverback as it relates to trader pvp - its about the effects of locking the silverback on the other support professions it could have helped.

and fwiw, i'd like to see any weapon skill - AS included, thats gonna help traders in defense. there isn't. offense is not defense, unless FC added something silly like 200 AAD to the mk 6. If you want survivability, go whine in a seperate thread that actually has to do with a defensive fix. sheesh. FC gives you a good LE pvp weapon and you complain when it doesnt solve all of the trader problems of the world.

You're support, you're supposed to suck.
    so because we suck, we're not allowed to engage in the new material, or get our monies worth of the expansion? and then some people say that 'oh docs are good at pvp already' when in fact 220 docs are good at pvp, but pvp from 1-219 is just as difficult as anything? just cause a 220 doc is 'good' at pvp doesn't mean docs 1-219 need to suffer with no options and without the toolset that said 220 doc has. if youve ever noticed, most sub tl 7 docs are atrocious at pvp for this exact reason.
    Last edited by Mmba; Jan 26th, 2007 at 15:49:24.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast