Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will the quest for Deflection Amplifier be level locked?

10% IS powerful, but then, a Vision Enhancer/Viral Targeting thingy is powerful as well! So, trade offense vs defense ( A defense which is nullified by NT & Trader, and reduced to a sub-rrfe-level by Engis. )
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post
    10% IS powerful, but then, a Vision Enhancer/Viral Targeting thingy is powerful as well! So, trade offense vs defense ( A defense which is nullified by NT & Trader, and reduced to a sub-rrfe-level by Engis. )
    I completely agree.

If Sil or the devs are reading this, i'd be very interested to know what % the deflection amplifier is going to give.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarus View Post
    on any prof i would trade some crit chanch and some as for 10% reflect any day of the week

i would use the reflect

Hey, with this item buffing 10% soldiers will have more pvm reflects than engi, that's not acceptable!!!!111oneeleven!

i just looked the item up...you need nano skills to get it on, but when we use ams, we get a -4000 nano skills on us for 2 min right, so dosnt it mean the 10% reflect would be 0% ? like if you use a weapon that needs say 600 and a trader drains you 600 weapon skill then your gun is at 0%, if thats the case, when we ams up, we dont get that 10%? we would only get it when our ams is ready and only our aura is running? if so...not sure its too good, then again i can be wrong but i thought about it when i saw it was nano skills reqs.

Hm, two things:
    a)
    OE affects only Weapon damage & HP/AC/NP buffs.
    b)
    HUD slots can't OE. Think of Perception&Critscopes.
    Last edited by Ikarus; Feb 7th, 2007 at 01:08:14.
    A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed To Whom it May Concern.

I dont know yet simply cuse i dount understand the whole reflect absorb cap here cap there thingy order for PvP dmg calculation.. all i know is that i get hit for 1/5th of what i shuld get hit for if i have AMS IV up and thats good enouth for me.. however.... I was reading the enfo forums.. and beeing so totaly uable to understand the pvp dmg game mechanics as i am i find them intreging and im trying to understand them better.. anyway.. So basicly this enfo M something said that becuse of something something (had something to do whith where the reflects where in the calculation line) soldiers would get abit hurt cuse it would not only nerf absorbs but also reflects becuse of.. something.. however that we shuld be fine anyway thanks to this "+10" item..

So basicly you dont understand what im trying to say atm but thats ok cuse nether do i...

However it all comes down to the following.. For some reason.. thanks to NOT getting this at +10 but at +1 instead.. we will get ouer reflects nerfed once again... tommrow.. not alot but some.. Now this would make the 3d? (NT, Trader + this) reflect nerf hurting soldiers after LE...

Ok so we did get a new shiny realy cool AR wich i love ALOT and i would marry it if ARK alowed me..

But still.. Fun Com.. why do you hate soldiers so much? =/
    Last edited by Rktim; Feb 7th, 2007 at 22:47:17.
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    I dont know yet simply cuse i dount understand the whole reflect absorb cap here cap there thingy order for PvP dmg calculation.. all i know is that i get hit for 1/5th of what i shuld get hit for if i have AMS IV up and thats good enouth for me.. however.... I was reading the enfo forums.. and beeing so totaly uable to understand the pvp dmg game mechanics as i am i find them intreging and im trying to understand them better.. anyway.. So basicly this enfo M something said that becuse of something something (had something to do whith where the reflects where in the calculation line) soldiers would get abit hurt cuse it would not only nerf absorbs but also reflects becuse of.. something.. however that we shuld be fine anyway thanks to this "+10" item..

So basicly you dont understand what im trying to say atm but thats ok cuse nether do i...

However it all comes down to the following.. For some reason.. thanks to NOT getting this at +10 but at +1 instead.. we will get ouer reflects nerfed once again... tommrow.. not alot but some.. Now this would make the 3d? (NT, Trader + this) reflect nerf hurting soldiers after LE...

Ok so we did get a new shiny realy cool AR wich i love ALOT and i would marry it if ARK alowed me..

But still.. Fun Com.. why do you hate soldiers so much? =/
    I'm still hoping 1% wont be the end of the story. Look at the rebuild kits, they were never properly implemented on test (only the second part i.e the part that has been already combined with LoA was in the DB until live) possibly there will be more to the deflection amp on live than on test, at least i sure hope there will be. I honestly cant see the item being useful to ANY soldier at ANY level at 1% as there is always something far better to put in there (Range meter, TIM scope, Vision enhancer and VTS) at all level ranges.

Until i've seen the thing pop into my inventory at 1%, checked it for tradeskill processes and tried finishing all the sheol questlines, i'm not going to write it off as useless fluff.
    ALTS: Alienhunter, Moonglum, Quellist, Quellcrist, Jesharet

Even if its 10% it wont be easy to take off the scope,and now since reflects are counted before the 40% pvp hp cap, its becoming even more useless.

How do the changes affect us anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by Neista View Post
    Until i've seen the thing pop into my inventory at 1%, checked it for tradeskill processes and tried finishing all the sheol questlines, i'm not going to write it off as useless fluff.
    Even now that the patch is underway, I still cant seem to finish a certain quest of the scientists line. Its an endless loop for me.

I also thought that just maybe there could be something at the end of all this that turns the DA into something useful, but at least on test, I wasnt able to find out.

Btw, there is no tradeskill associated with the DA. The only odd thing (which doesnt show on auno or mainframe) is that the DA has attack and recharge values attached to it - like a weapon. Funny.
    ಠ_ಠ

Quote Originally Posted by TheWalrus View Post
    Reflects are calculated before the 40% hp cap.

Reflects are calculated prior to 40% cap.. thers a thread about it on soldier forums
    Messiah has spoken.

Yup I read that. I still fail to understand what that means (not in language way).

Yup I read that. I still fail to understand what that means (not in language way).
    In short, everybody dies faster, soldiers even more so.
    ಠ_ಠ

In simple words, you will take double the ammont of dmg in TMS/AMS as before, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by IsGameOver View Post
    In simple words, you will take double the ammont of dmg in TMS/AMS as before, basically.
    When hit whith attacks that 40% PvP cap like dimach, AS, FA, SA, BS... I think BS and AS do 40% anyway.. that is ^^
    Messiah has spoken.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12