Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Keeper shield reward from scheol quest

Any word from Sil on this? Or are we left with an object no one at any level would use?

Quote Originally Posted by Doron View Post
    a full automatic sniper rifle with a nice blade?
    cool stuff wtb
    FF8 ftw....wtb a gunblade
    Uh, yeah
    - Twotwenty 220/23 shade
    - Zonality 150/19 MA
    - Height <incoming project>

Quote Originally Posted by Luuv View Post
    Bump for warhorses for keepers.
    WoW is where you find that stuff. We have mechs what more do you ask?

Knights in the Middle Ages did use shields strapped to their wrists while wielding larger and heavier swords. They were more like smaller "target shields", but nevertheless they were shields. Even if a shield was strapped onto your back, it would still offer you protection.
    ...and that's the way the cookie crumbles...

I have used a 2handed sword whith a sheild straped on my wrist IRL... not that much of a fuzz realy.. and still damn easy to block attacks.. you just cant swing at the same time.. TBH.. its no harder then using a 1h sword and a sheild at the same time... exeption beeing that instead of letting your sword hang or let its tip rest on the ground shortly you can cut against the legs if your using a one handed sword and your blocking a attack coming in high on you with your shild...
    If FC lets you have this sheild on your arm im starting a trox keeper.. honest..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

I think I just figured it out!!! Zomg.. this shield is our consolation prize for getting cocoon nerfed.. they are like.. here have yet another worthless shield..

Would be nice to hear some feedback from funcom on the suggestions here We really would like to have a valid use for this sweet looking item
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

Yes, would be nice to hear something from Funcom just to know that they're atleast considering this.
    ...and that's the way the cookie crumbles...

Would be nice if they changed it from left hand to HUD/UTIL item yeah

bump

this is even worse than getting no reward at all imho
    blah

just my two cents..here

Quote Originally Posted by Mekh View Post
    These are not what i'd call large shields. The second example, is more likely a "buckler". It appears to be held in the hand as opposed to being held on the wrist/arm. Regardless, the swords all appear to be 1he equivilants, not 2 hands. Using a two handed sword with a medium to large sheild (which is what the FC version seems to be) is very difficult / impractical

So either fix the sheild to allow 2 h edge weapons or give keepers 1he...this is stupid FC

Have keepers forgotten thier roots?

Think back, before aliens attacked Rubi-Ka. What was the end game keeper setup then?

I can accept having to swing a farming-tool on an industrial planet in the year 29k-ish. Another medival-looking item is just sexy, and as for the conceptart with pistol, that could have bean neat too (imagine... excalibur in one hand and a lean pistol in the other... and now a shield strapped to the wrist or the back. hawt.). In other words: I can put up with some non-realistic weapons-handling. It's a game. But I have a really hard time seeing what good these shields could do apart from being props in screens...

Hey, that shield was introduced to allow us point soldiers asking "WTF! only 1/2% reflects!!!!!11!1oneone!!!" and say "Look what beauty keepers got!"
    Well, engi miniaturisation nanos are of the same type as keeper shields.

at least the others got a little bit of usefulness

this keeper sheild using 1he is totally useless to a keeper

to put things into perspective, for example its about as usefull has giving a soldier a new 2he, or a shade a new assault rifle

all keepers can use is 2he, either make some of other melee skills green, or start making the sheilds use 2he or, hud, util, wrist slot items
    Lordplayer: Lets just put it down to people being completely retarded carrying on the "reply nerf to any keeper topic" mentality of years gone by.

Cergorn 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Yamura 220/30/70 Soli Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Doron View Post
    a full automatic sniper rifle with a nice blade?
    cool stuff wtb
    Well.. it's not as if the alien carbines wouldn't already have spikes on their underside.. and "carbine" weapons in the old times all had one or another part to stab or cut with it.. so where is our combined-MA upgrade for the guns? The only implement we've got in that style is the ubar perk action "Weapon Bash", hitting for 70 points of melee dmg with my huge gun..
    The 'borgs have this ability since their first day.. and when will we?

The funny part is its just a Snake Tamer Guard with lowered stats.. been in game for ages and is just an RP item with really high useless stats.. even at 220 before resets I couldn't imagine using that much IP into those stats. however the AAD > STG benefits.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    I think I just figured it out!!! Zomg.. this shield is our consolation prize for getting cocoon nerfed.. they are like.. here have yet another worthless shield..
    Wow, you are totally right, and the 2% reflect items for soldiers 8sharing slot with crit scope) is our own compensation!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    The funny part is its just a Snake Tamer Guard with lowered stats.. been in game for ages and is just an RP item with really high useless stats.. even at 220 before resets I couldn't imagine using that much IP into those stats. however the AAD > STG benefits.
    yep yep .. still makes me chuckle
    "If you say 'plz' because it's shorter than 'please', I'll say 'no' because it's shorter than 'yes'."

SirNegs - Neutral Keeper
    Negs - Neutral MP
    Lode - Neutral Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by damon7 View Post
    These are not what i'd call large shields. The second example, is more likely a "buckler". It appears to be held in the hand as opposed to being held on the wrist/arm. Regardless, the swords all appear to be 1he equivilants, not 2 hands. Using a two handed sword with a medium to large sheild (which is what the FC version seems to be) is very difficult / impractical

So either fix the sheild to allow 2 h edge weapons or give keepers 1he...this is stupid FC
    Like i already said.. i have actuly done it IRL (as unusual as it may be.. it still happens. atleast in sweden -.^ and no we dont actuly kill eachuter =P)... and it actuly gives you some benefits to have a sheild straped on your wrist while using a 2 handed sword... takes abit of practise.. but heck thats what reqs are for...
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast