Thread: Upgrade Bug

Upgrade Bug

After the new patch I created a new character (on RK). After running around for a bit and getting a few pieces of gear that can be upgraded I tried to "use" them to upgrade them by right clicking while I had them worn. Before the expansion this would work; the upgraded equipment would appear unequipped in your inventory. Now I notice you cannot do this. Every time you try it says something like "You have to unequip this item to delete it" (I can't remember exactly and I am not on my computer with AO at the time of posting).

I'm pretty sure there was an exploit involved, but we cant discuss that, so lets just leave it at "there was something broken, so they made it un-broken"
    The bug is actually a fix to a certain trick that was found to be funny but you could do some really amazing things with it, i just know so much about 'sploits :P
    Dysfunktion.
    Trypants.
    Setup.
    One bright day in the middle of the night,
    Two dead boys got up to fight.
    Back to back they faced each other,
    Drew their swords, and Shot each other.
    A deaf policeman heard the noise,
    He came and killed those two dead boys.
    If you don't believe this lie is true... ask the Blind Man, He saw it too.

No more lvl9 traders with 6-slot belts

It would have been nicer if they managed to fix it in a way that did not detract from the functionality of the GUI of players who did not use the exploit.

I think the actual thing here is that when you upgrade a item by using it its actuly delited and spawns a new item...

Same thing happens whith token boards.. only that if you dont have the requierd tokens to get a higher one it creates the same type as it was before you clicked it..
    So yeah... not that strange if you get that msg... all that has been done is that you cant delite items you got equiped...
    this might just be a indirect side-effect of that..
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.