Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: New weapons #2

New weapons #2

To recap

Do
    Give professions without viable pvp weapons new options (Engineer, Crat, doctor, fixer, ranged adv)
    Make these weapons speed-cappable.
    Make these weapons equippable by professions who need them.

Don't
    Add weapons with split AR
    Add weapons only those with perk/symb support can equip but which are obviously much worse (useless weapon theorum)

See original thread for more details, more flames.

If you like FC, you can a)pay me money for all my sweet suggestions and b) ask me to draft some basic figures for these weapons.
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

I support this.

Grenade with AS or atleast a pistol with AS.

Yes, give my ranged adv a one-handed Dshark, but replace burst with AS, so I dont have to swap FA gun with craphander.

I agree with your suggestion, just not with your list of needing profs (read: advs and fixes). If Im not mistaking from you original thread, you want FC to increase the AS storm further, wich is just the opposite of what we need.

Or, like you want, decent AS weps for everyone, but give it a def check. Would make agents superior AS users, like intended, and make capped AS from a keep with nova w/o ip in the weaponskill or AS, less common.

Quote Originally Posted by Valhallur View Post
    If Im not mistaking from you original thread, you want FC to increase the AS storm further
    It's not increasing anything, all of these profs use AS already, albeit from weapons they have no support for and which are old and outdated compared to new weapons given to other professions (read: shark, tigress, silverback).
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)

Fixers perhaps, but I'm rather sceptic about giving advies a reliable AS weapon. Ranged advies already have better defenses than melee advies, giving them a FA/AS combo could really mess things up. Fixers atleast have a very long recharge on their FA, though with their perk damage it's still a bit much I think.

Anyway, if they even do make it to test like this, it will show wether or not the pistols should get a profession tag. (assuming they don't pull the 'insert to live, fix 5 patches later' thing -.-)
    Last edited by crattey; Oct 9th, 2007 at 16:57:24.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Fixers perhaps, but I'm rather sceptic about giving advies a reliable AS weapon. Ranged advies already have better defenses than melee advies, giving them a FA/AS combo could really mess things up.
    Id say the slightly higer evades, in these sick AR days, by no means outweight the higher HP melee ones have (assuming we talk about CM vs CSS advs, wich sound natural to assume since evades are brought into consideration).

I agree with your what your saying tho.

I have soldier and ranged advy and I don't need AS weapons for them.
    But soldier's didn't get any replacement for JPGPP and KMP5, even doc's (I'm assume they are pure support prof, not damage-dealers) got pistols with way better min/max damage and MBS than good old ones soldiers still use
    The same for advies - Ofab Peregrine 6 is better than Kyr Pistol type 4 (but only because type 4 initially wasn't good) and no any replacement for JEPP.

New JEPP would be quite different from a new AS pistol.

Soldiers got a shark

Quote Originally Posted by candle645_ View Post
    even doc's (I'm assume they are pure support prof, not damage-dealers) got pistols with way better min/max damage and MBS than good old ones soldiers still use
    Yeah but the max damage/MBS on those doc pistols is pointless, 99% of the time a doc be hitting min damage with them, even on a lot of RK mobs, unlike soldiers, and the MBS...yeah, a docs gonna reach so near that

To the new weapons: No AS, get creative some more like have been doing recently, and if gonna have a split AR, lower the def check.
    Want triples nerfed? Here is what you can do (Don't be so retarded to apply this to todays game)

Server 1sts: Only NT, and probably non-doc to solo LOTV.
    First LB member to recieve org forum and guest chat ban on departure <3

[Neophyte soldier]: I can see your nukes ignore AMS, keep doing it noob, I'm petitioning as we speak!

WTB 2 Fixes for grafts
    PVP roots for all rooting classes

Currently forced to enjoy RK4 (broken PC), I'll be back soon.

Quote Originally Posted by crattey View Post
    Soldiers got a shark
    PvM Wise:
    Shark is good option for ppls who like to be acceptable DD, but not up to spent effort on it - and I consider it as very good replacement for SPB
    KEP5 soldiers got Dreadloch Rapier - no much difference, but still something.
    KMP5 soldiers got nothing.

PvM Wise:
    KMP5 soldiers got nothing.
    or just make Dreadloch JPGPP with 15 bullets clip and attack rating cap 2500 and i be love u FC even i need to kill 10-20 Beast in row and hack 54 SPB for make this 1 pistol.

No offense, but soldiers have been asking for a better Assault Rifle for ages. Shark certainly fits that, it's a huge boost.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir_manyak View Post
    or just make Dreadloch JPGPP with 15 bullets clip and attack rating cap 2500 and i be love u FC even i need to kill 10-20 Beast in row and hack 54 SPB for make this 1 pistol.
    Yep, new FA pistol with larger clip, better MBS and 2.4K pistol / 2K FA requirement to equip and cap recharge speed is something I dream about

give advys a Dreadloch-Explorer-Personal-Pistol...=)
    Pheddex 220/30/70 trox agent equip

Pheddy 220/30/70 soli crat equip

Pheddette 164/19/42 opi trader equip

Lavidaloco 150/17/30 opi agent equip

Tinytall 200/25/70 opi advy equip

Bump for improved jpg+kmp combo! Bring sols back to best DD position again!
    Reziukas 220/30 Soldier Equipment Screenshot Epeen
    Squad Commander of Riders of the Lost Org
    First omni owner of Superior Rebuilt Perennium Blaster on RK1
    Aide Rezidoc 220/25 Doctor Equipment Screenshot Epeen++
    The first and only doc on RK1 to do 200k DPM on LoTV!
    First owner of Alien Combat Directive Controller on RK1
    First doc to OD a clan zergbot twice.
    First TL7 doc to get 3rd and 4th solo titles.
    [Jagfixarinte]: think u got lootrights:P
    [Questra]: did you just get loot on Libra?

make your own thread soldierboy!

Quote Originally Posted by bockrocker View Post
    make your own thread soldierboy!
    Bump

Soldiers should have a nice big Assault rifle not little popguns

Well, trying to return back to topic

To recap
    Do
    Give professions without viable pvp weapons new options (Engineer, Crat, doctor, fixer, ranged adv)
    Fully agree, if you remove "pvp" from this phrase

Make these weapons speed-cappable.
    Definitely NO - there are specials "natural" for each prof - AS for agent, FA for sold, Burst for Fixer, Fling for advy, etc. Any prof shall sacrifice something from it's "natural" toolset to cap efficiency (speed/damage) of using "not-natural" skill.

Make these weapons equippable by professions who need them.
    Yes, please no weapons locked to particular prof. Just balance requirements in way any prof shall made tradeof when making choice between "natural" and "un-natural" weapon.

Don't
    Add weapons with split AR
    Add weapons only those with perk/symb support can equip but which are obviously much worse (useless weapon theorum)
    Absolutey disagree - someone who invested more IP (split AR) or sacrificed possibility to hotswap (perk/symb support) shall have advantage against one who didn't.
    Look at top froob-friendly weapons - DKP, Div9, Nophex, Techtronica Neural Disruptor (haven't melee toons, so giving only ranged samples) - these ones split AR and so better that weapons requiring single weap skill + single special. Idea of split > single was implemented in AO from the start, but unfortunately SL and AI mostly failed to follow it.
    Last edited by candle645_; Oct 9th, 2007 at 19:46:48.

Threads like these make me not want to reactivate my main account. Instead of actually meaningful threads about making ACs count, doubling player health or whatever, about the fact that AO Classic's pvp is far superior to nowaday's and so on... blah, I'll just ignore most of you.

Definitely NO - there are specials "natural" for each prof - AS for agent, FA for sold, Burst for Fixer, Fling for advy, etc. Any prof shall sacrifice something from it's "natural" toolset to cap efficiency (speed/damage) of using "not-natural" skill.
    This is bull****. AS is a requirement for crats and traders as much as it is for agents. This has nothing to do with their 'natural' preference, this has everything to do with FC never giving them viable alternatives.

Fixers have fling, burst and FA.
    Advies have FA, SA, dimach, brawl. Or, they have fling, burst and FA.
    Soldiers have FA and burst, fling too if they choose to dual wield.

Yes, please no weapons locked to particular prof. Just balance requirements in way any prof shall made tradeof when making choice between "natural" and "un-natural" weapon.
    Once again, wrong. Crats and engis, for example, already have the lowest AS base skill in game. A good 160 lower than advies, fixers or traders for example. Making them perform depending on your level of skills once again screws over the support profs because they have the lowest base skill and no support for it.

Absolutey disagree - someone who invested more IP (split AR) or sacrificed possibility to hotswap (perk/symb support) shall have advantage against one who didn't.
    Look at top froob-friendly weapons - DKP, Div9, Nophex, Techtronica Neural Disruptor (haven't melee toons, so giving only ranged samples) - these ones split AR and so better that weapons requiring single weap skill + single special. Idea of split > single was implemented in AO from the start, but unfortunately SL and AI mostly failed to follow it.
    Wrong again. Very. We can't the reach the same levels of skill. Not because we skim on ip, but because we simply can't raise it as high as for the aforementioned profs.
    Also, we can't use Artillery symbs, meaning weapons with split reqs aren't effective due to conflicting slots on implants.

Base AS skills on solitus 220:

Agent: 1294
    Sol: 1134
    Advie: 1134
    Fixer: 974
    Engi: 814
    Crat: 814

Now, FC never gave us viable weapons/nanos or anything as an alternative to AS. We don't use it because we are so awesome with AS weapons, we use it because there simply isn't a viable alternative. If new AS weapons are going to be implemented, they should be implemented for those professions that currently lack PvP weaponry, and should be adjusted to allow them to use it effectively.
    Last edited by crattey; Oct 9th, 2007 at 20:00:35.

Page 1 of 16 12345678910111213141516 LastLast