Thread: Battlestation virus scanners doing nothing?

Battlestation virus scanners doing nothing?

They worked fine when I bought them, but I've been trying to clear UBT & drains with battlestation virus scanners today, and they've been doing nothing at all, just the "poof" animation & the action bar. Same thing happening for anyone else?

maybe you tried to remove proc drains/init debuffs? Those are still not removed along with crat init debuffs/RI and some other crap debuffs.

No, I'm aware of that... I spent 10 mins fighting various people with a doc around last round, so the fact the scanners weren't removing UBT was pretty obvious ( and it was UBT, got my ncu in list mode ). The first time I noticed was trying to remove a trader drain which I got rid of with traditional scanners eventually, so there really does seem to be a problem with 'em.

Based on QL they can do very little - tried to use ql50s to remove UBT, I think I had to use in the neighborhood of 15 or 20 to remove it completely, it seemed knocked out some, but only a couple seconds, whereas the ql225s only took a few. And they don't touch nanite enhanced drains AT ALL. Neither do the IS/ToTW rids actually (I could swear they used too...). I found you have to use the old-school non-combat virus scanners to remove those.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

The in battle virus scanners only knock a few seconds off at best. 12s or something off UBT I believe for the ql300?

Reductions

All the trader drains do appear to be covered by the item...12 seconds isn't a lot and not many can use the ql300s.

Having said that, ql200s are 10s off so..
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Mmmyeah, ok. Could have sworn they worked a little better than that once, but I guess I may have sneaked in a hit on a normal one at some point & not noticed.

Not really too useful, are they.

Quote Originally Posted by Kari View Post
    Not really too useful, are they.
    Good for blinds!
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    The in battle virus scanners only knock a few seconds off at best. 12s or something off UBT I believe for the ql300?

Reductions

All the trader drains do appear to be covered by the item...12 seconds isn't a lot and not many can use the ql300s.

Having said that, ql200s are 10s off so..
    yeah its very possible either I bugged or duration wasn't refreshing when I said that they didn't effect NE drains, they do, just verified. still...12 secs on ql300...augh.
    -= Make the new engine look even better. Don't forget to post a screenshot! =-

y, the amount the battle-prepared ones do.. makes them pretty much useless.
    Dodo0 220/30 Clan NM Fixer - the first in AO!
    Dododo1 220/30 Retired
    Fixzorr 75/8 Retired PvP vid

EX-President of SPARTANS
    Guide to raiding Pande

- currently inactive -

Quote Originally Posted by dododo2 View Post
    y, the amount the battle-prepared ones do.. makes them pretty much useless.
    Right...especially when im away from smbdy but that certain smbdy keeps attack on me...
    Useless...

Ehh
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

I cursed them, that's why they ain't working.
    Proud member of Shadow Ops
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP setup
    Hidden message
    Quote Originally Posted by Klod View Post
    You won.
    Making them feel special since 2008.

Ah.. didn't notice they made ones u can use in battle!

Yay for blinds, at least.
    main characters on RK1: Kingduck138 220 Engi Mongoose135 170 Agent Nnivekccub 165 Engi Kingduck135 170 Soldier Mongoose831 160 Agent Healdocheal 150 Doc Atroxshade 130 Shade Nanottwink 130 NT Mongoose144 125 Agent Ducktroxjr 117 Fixer Eternalguard 65 Enf Boringname 61 Fixer Kingduck139 60 Eng Atheist 60 MA Mongoose142 30 DocMongoose138 15 Agent Mongoose141 21 Agent