Thread: Budabot3.3_RC1

Budabot3.3_RC1

This is the first Release Candidate of Budabot3.3 and the first release since Budabot3.2_GA which was released just under one year ago in May 2014. This release contains some bug fixes, some updates for the 18.7 patch, and a few new commands. Over the course of the year, some of the commands in Budabot broke, particularly those that depended on an external resource. Where possible, those have been fixed and replaced with internal versions. Also, moving in the other direction, !items will now default to getting search results from aoitems.com. Budabot will retain the ability to use a local items db, but I will no longer be providing items db rips. So if you prefer to use the local items db, you will need to create your own rip (we have a ItemsExtractor tool that simplifies this; please ask me if you would like information on how to use it) or get the rip from someone else. Also of note, I have remove all code relating to the botmanager since it did not appear to be widely used, and I was not familiar enough with the code to support it. We are aware that !history and !shop are not currently working and we are working to remedy that. If you find any other commands that are not working please let us know.

Downloading the new version
    You can find Budabot downloads here: https://github.com/Budabot/Budabot/releases

Note that GA versions will be marked with a green "Latest Release" tag while RC versions will be marked with an orange "Pre-release" tag.

This is a Release Candidate. Although this version has gone through lots of testing it is possible that there are still some bugs in the bot--if you happen to find any bugs or if you have any suggestions or improvements for the bot, please post on the forums so that we may help you and so that we may fix the problem for others as well.

Upgrading from a previous version
    To upgrade from 3.2_GA, copy only the database (/data/budabot.db) to the new bot before starting it, and then go through the setup wizard again to set the username, password, etc. The config file format has not changed since 3.2_GA so you can copy it (/conf/config.php) from your current bot to the new bot, or you can go through the setup wizard if you prefer.

If you use MySQL instead of SQLite, instead of copying /data/budabot.db you will just configure the new bot to use the same MySQL database as your current bot. If you go through the setup wizard on the new bot instead of copying the config file, choose "yes" when it asks if you if you want to setup the database manually, and then choose the options for your MySQL server.

We always recommend making a backup of your current bot before upgrading.

If you are running a version of Budabot before 3.2_GA (this includes any 3.2_RC versions), you should follow the instructions for upgrading to 3.2_GA first before you upgrade to 3.3_GA.

If you follow these instructions, all settings, guests, admins, alts, quotes, news, etc. should be automatically imported into the new version of the bot.

Changes (since 3.2_GA):
    -other various fixes and changes
    -removed botmanager
    -bot now warns when org name is set incorrectly
    -various changes relating to 18.7 patch
    -support for CIDB has been added, and !items will default to using aoitems.com for item search results
    -updated to work with MySQL 5.5+
    -added !perks
    -!findorg and !orglist should now work again
    -improved !impdesign, can now add symbs
    -!weapon should now work again
    -added ofab shoulder wear to !ofabarmor
    -added more changes to prevent bot from hanging when AO servers go down
    -added !guides adminhelp to help new Budabot admins

Link to post on Budabot forums: http://budabot.com/forum/viewtopic.p...&t=1266&p=5097
    Last edited by Teeko; May 19th, 2015 at 06:09:58.

Quote Originally Posted by Teeko View Post
    -support for CIDB has been added, and !items will default to using aoitems.com for item search results
    Nice! Keep up the good work.
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Nice, but is it normal that it is very slow at start? Take ~30min+ till it runs normally, looks like it is something doing with budabot.db and continously reading/writing into it.
    Last edited by Joulie; May 24th, 2015 at 00:37:03.

No, that is not normal. However, getting tech support here isn't really a thing...try http://budabot.com/forum/index.php

Nice release Teeko!
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Thanks from everyone at Budabot, but thank them there, I'm just the messenger!