Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: AMS Idea

AMS Idea

How about removing the Nano Skills Innoperative downside of AMS and turning it into a "Recently Affected By AMS" . This should last like the Nano skill innoperative but not take -4000 nano skills away. This way between AMS we !!Finally!! can use our Nemesis nano or One more hit healing.
    Funcom hire me as Content Designer !!

or taunt / detaunt ... if anyone even uses that :P
    Tepikeep 220 Keeper
    Teppox 220 Soldier
    Bohoo 220 Shade

Proud member of
    Northern Star

And root grafts.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Tepinator View Post
    or taunt / detaunt ... if anyone even uses that :P
    Taunt and detaunts are working already.

Imore about kills and nemesis being dependant of the profession and not the player (not even the setup). That and relying on one tool for defense. Powerful tool, yes, but one.

It's not a bad idea however, it makes room for other stuff to do while fighting then pressing full auto.

In the suggestions in the sold forum there is 2 schools anyway : the ones who suggest tools to use under ams, and others with ideas for AMS alternatives. Both aren't asking for love or a boost, but for more gameplay.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Quote Originally Posted by DaChain View Post
    How about removing the Nano Skills Innoperative downside of AMS and turning it into a "Recently Affected By AMS" . This should last like the Nano skill innoperative but not take -4000 nano skills away. This way between AMS we !!Finally!! can use our Nemesis nano or One more hit healing.
    No.

AMSed soldiers running around RIing things *has nightmares*
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

So you dont need any skill or feeling for timing anymore!
    /easymode yay

seriously, even you'd lose fun in pvp if it's not a tiny bit variable or challenging anymore.
    Diverje 220/30 Fix Screw evades these days.
    Acetoxy 220/22 NT
    Ephedrae 220/20 Agent

Quote Originally Posted by ephedrae View Post
    So you dont need any skill or feeling for timing anymore!
    /easymode yay

seriously, even you'd lose fun in pvp if it's not a tiny bit variable or challenging anymore.
    Timing for what ? When i AMS i cannot use programs anymore, and soldier class is not a nano spamming class that doesn't need timing. So it's like this :

1) Nemsis - AMS.....no more defenses
    2) AMS - nemesis... little omhh.

Consider that if this is implemented and a trader comes and steal AMS the soldier will still be able to have a defense even if it's quite small but it exists (and no it's not sitting down), same goes for NT.
    Plus let's look realistically, LE has changed all classes , now there are 1 hit wonder nemesis nanos and NT aren't bottom of the food chain, so get with the times.

And while we're at it, how about we give soldiers CH to use under AMS too. Because a soldier tanking 5 people under 90% eflects isn't good enough, gotta kill them all too!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brucelee2003 View Post
    If someone thinks he can win by dirty tricks - he totally wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Damn nazis
    Edit: No Annarina we're not talking about you this time...

Why not request nemesis nano to only require PM so you can use it with AMS up?
    Facebook
    Idiots are just like slinkies. It makes you smile when you push them down a flight of stairs.
    Quote Originally Posted by Undercutting View Post
    Bs isn't where the real pvp happens, tis' where the pvmers' go to feel like they've pvped.
    [Zacyx]: i will perma bann u from MR

Why exactly do soldiers need more healing ability during AMS/TMS?

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9000 View Post
    No.
    Klod; This forum is new, so I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Where possible, please garnish your reply with an explanation rather than a simple 'yes' or 'no'. The idea is that this forum is constructive and discursive. Your post does not invite discussion at all. Please try and avoid this in future posts.

It's pretty obvious to you, and some people why you're saying what you're saying, but for the benefit of everyone [including FC being absolutely clear about the ideas they're recieving] please elaborate more.
    Guardian Venachar
    Public Forums Moderator - Deputy Team Lead | Professionals Liaison
    Forums Team | Community Relations Department | Advisors of Rubi-Ka

i think this is a bad idea, if u remove the nano debuff, soldiers will be allowed to used omhh under ams, so combine that 200-300 together with their HD and heal perks and soldiers will have some insane healing under ams. they can already heal rather well with ams up, giving the effectively a 2nd healdelta tick will be unbelieveable overpowered.

changing nemisis nano to only require PM so it can be used under ams, is fine by me
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

One solution would be to not allow OMHH to be used while the "recently affected by AMS" thing is running.
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Quote Originally Posted by Parranoid1 View Post
    i think this is a bad idea, if u remove the nano debuff, soldiers will be allowed to used omhh under ams, so combine that 200-300 together with their HD and heal perks and soldiers will have some insane healing under ams. they can already heal rather well with ams up, giving the effectively a 2nd healdelta tick will be unbelievable overpowered.

changing nemesis nano to only require PM so it can be used under ams, is fine by me
    I can't agree with you on the 1st part, fact is not every 220 soldier has stacked up HD with leg implant ecc and not every 220 soldier sits down during fights, there isn't this Godly endgame setup that is standard and if there was, not everybody wants it, some of us like to diversify; consider this, to have all the heals that a soldier can stack up you have to give up some other perks that do dmg, also the heals in themselves are pretty laughable, like for example Draw Blood.

I will agree on the last part, nemesis nanos can have PM requirement or we should be able to use nemesis nanos AT LEAST after ams is down if not during.same could go for omhh that could have the "can't run while ams is up" condition.

Quote Originally Posted by Neccoz View Post
    And while we're at it, how about we give soldiers CH to use under AMS too. Because a soldier tanking 5 people under 90% eflects isn't good enough, gotta kill them all too!
    Soldier can tank 5 people (with slowly dieing) only with endgame HD imp. Otherwise he is going down very quickly. 10% from 1000 hit is 100. x5 = 500.
    Each profession can perk him with everything (init debuff, nano drain,...and ofcourse DD perks).

Getting end game HD imps is very loong journey..they are rare and expensive as hell.

Evades profs can get much faster their defensive setup (like MA, advys etc). Not mentioning when you are solitus for example...then less twinking also. Why you not mentioning advys for example ? Or you did not saw advys tanking 5 people at BS and then running away ? Soldier cannot run away coz usualy he is snared/rooted.

Or you did not saw enough vids on youtube where MAs or keepers tanking many peoples...runing aroung...etc ? Soldier without end game Attack rating can hardly hit evade proffesions. I remember times when MAs even on tl5 was "gurus" and just sit and wait while soldier AMS went out, because they just evade his hits.
    On 210-220 BS many times MAs dancing (/disco) in front of me and waving on me coz i cannot hit them. And when i hit sometimes they just heal self.

Considering how much time soldier needs to get 1000 more attack rating (without MR) while evades profs hits just 2 buttons (1000 evades) i think AMS is not that overpowered while your evades and heals working.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

This is a "No." because there is absolutely no need for this kind of thing.

Absolutely none.
    None.

I wish it were possible to be constructive but when you look at the request, and play the game, and read the request, you laugh because it simply cannot be a serious request.

Then, when you realise they are being serious, "No." is the only appropriate response.
    Never in a hurry, I'm just moving fast

Quote Originally Posted by DaChain View Post
    I can't agree with you on the 1st part, fact is not every 220 soldier has stacked up HD with leg implant ecc and not every 220 soldier sits down during fights, there isn't this Godly endgame setup that is standard and if there was, not everybody wants it, some of us like to diversify; consider this, to have all the heals that a soldier can stack up you have to give up some other perks that do dmg, also the heals in themselves are pretty laughable, like for example Draw Blood.
    ok, fine then not all get the HD imps, but if u allow this to be used, the omhh, none will need to, because omhh gives same healing as having the HD imps and sitting down. and those that do will have amazing amounts of heals.

if u wanna do it, thats fine, but have omhh dis-allowed while ams is up. and also dis-allow RI, if u wannad destroy an agents defences ur gonna have to risk doing it without AMS
    Last edited by Parranoid1; Oct 17th, 2009 at 09:40:33.
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    AMSed soldiers running around RIing things *has nightmares*
    RI as we know it have to go of course, like all nemesis nanos, shutdown or not.

I'm myself not in the favor of removing shutdown, but I have to agree that under ams a sold can play without arms.

And OMHH is different in forum pvp then in real pvp. It's very easy to get rid, and even more after infinite nano is taken care of. We have no real situation to use it anyway.
    Last edited by Boltgun; Oct 17th, 2009 at 09:47:49.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

RI should be only fixed for what it is. For HOTs. And all support profs will be happy.
    -o--oOo--o--
    Yama*007
    -o--oOo--o--

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast