Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011

Thread: Champion of Nano Combat perk actions

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9002 View Post
    You got it all wrong. If you can self your nanos with it, it most certainly supports you as well.
    Besides, "combat" professions might still have a chance of landing those perks on some people, with Klod's change suggestion. Just going to be harder.
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9002 View Post
    You got it all wrong. If you can self your nanos with it, it most certainly supports you as well.
    That is the only problem we are having. In your opinion having access to my tools thanks to CoNC is supportive, I think it is my right in game to be able to use my toolset in an already end game setup and should not come at the sacrifice of my tanking gear (HP, AAD, RS, %nanocost). Neither of us is wrong, but if the perk attacks become incredibly inneffective in pvp too, then I would hope FC would adjust enf and soldier toolsets to no longer require CoNC to maintain an overall tanking/pvp setup.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatester View Post
    Neither of us is wrong, but if the perk attacks become incredibly inneffective in pvp too, then I would hope FC would adjust enf and soldier toolsets to no longer require CoNC to maintain an overall tanking/pvp setup.
    One side is wrong and that's you. You didn't train CoNC for the perk attacks, you trained it to be able to cast your top nanos. No one is asking for this to change.

You're getting your pants in a twist because you feel you should have the right to use Nano Feast and Bot Confinement on top of the other plethora of perks you have at your disposal.

So far other than "wah I shouldn't have to train CoNC to cast my nanos if I can't use these perks despite the fact I trained CoNC so I could use my nanos anyway" you've failed completely to justify why non offensive nano casting classes should be able to use those perks more effectively than offensive nano classes do currently.

Oh FYI, this change would make landing the perks harder for NTs as well, since no NT maxes MM or BM if they want to use IP elsewhere. Will certainly make it harder for me to land the perks if all nanoskills are taken into account as they currently use my MC+aao+aao as a check. I'm still in favour of the change as I'm the only casting class that gets any sort of benefit from my AR on these perks.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    One side is wrong and that's you. You didn't train CoNC for the perk attacks, you trained it to be able to cast your top nanos. No one is asking for this to change.

You're getting your pants in a twist because you feel you should have the right to use Nano Feast and Bot Confinement on top of the other plethora of perks you have at your disposal.

So far other than "wah I shouldn't have to train CoNC to cast my nanos if I can't use these perks despite the fact I trained CoNC so I could use my nanos anyway" you've failed completely to justify why non offensive nano casting classes should be able to use those perks more effectively than offensive nano classes do currently.

Oh FYI, this change would make landing the perks harder for NTs as well, since no NT maxes MM or BM if they want to use IP elsewhere. Will certainly make it harder for me to land the perks if all nanoskills are taken into account as they currently use my MC+aao+aao as a check. I'm still in favour of the change as I'm the only casting class that gets any sort of benefit from my AR on these perks.
    and u are crying about the exact same thing hacre but from the opposite side.
    Moonbolt - 220/26/something. Trox Enf RK1 General of Hells Heroes.
    Renswind - 220/21/67 solitus trader.
    Moonkiss - 219/21/something opifex shade.
    Mooncloud - 150/18/somethin solitus MA.

Quote Originally Posted by Moonbolt View Post
    and u are crying about the exact same thing hacre but from the opposite side.
    Except logic supports the opposite side of "offensive nano combative professions should be better with nano based attack perks/attack perks that check NR than weapon combative professions are".

See?

Your side of the argument is supported by no logic at all.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

So far other than "wah I shouldn't have to train Champion of Nano Combat to cast my nanos if I can't use these perks despite the fact I trained CoNC so I could use my nanos anyway" you've failed completely to justify why non offensive nano casting classes should be able to use those perks more effectively than offensive nano classes do currently.
    Why would he justify something he didn't say?

Anyway, if FC really wants to make that line reflect its name it shouldn't boost all nanoskills. It should gives some +% nano damage and MC + Perk actions based on MC. It wouldn't help buffing but true nano combat professions.
    blah

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Why would he justify something he didn't say?

Anyway, if FC really wants to make that line reflect its name it shouldn't boost all nanoskills. It should gives some +% nano damage and MC + Perk actions based on MC. It wouldn't help buffing but true nano combat professions.
    Go back through the thread, all of the oppositions to the suggested changes to this line have centred around the fact that the attack perks would be "nerfed" for Enforcers and the like.

Your idea would suit me just fine, only not all offensive nanos use MC or are even affected by nanodamage. Your suggestion appears, at face, to be as silly an idea for a General line as combative professions like Enforcers/Soldiers/Keepers having a better chance to land the perks is.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Go back through the thread, all of the oppositions to the suggested changes to this line have centred around the fact that the attack perks would be "nerfed" for Enforcers and the like.
    That doesn't mean they don't want it to be usable by other profs.

Your idea would suit me just fine, only not all offensive nanos use MC or are even affected by nanodamage. Your suggestion appears, at face, to be as silly an idea for a General line as combative professions like Enforcers/Soldiers/Keepers having a better chance to land the perks is.
    Because it's called Combat, not Offensive. Just like Infantry/Artillery lines only boost damage output, they don't boost other Inf/Art skills.
    blah

That is the only problem we are having. In your opinion having access to my tools thanks to CoNC is supportive, I think it is my right in game to be able to use my toolset in an already end game setup and should not come at the sacrifice of my tanking gear (HP, AAD, RS, %nanocost). Neither of us is wrong, but if the perk attacks become incredibly inneffective in pvp too, then I would hope FC would adjust enf and soldier toolsets to no longer require CoNC to maintain an overall tanking/pvp setup.
    Feel free to make a thread about it (which I won't support). This thread is not about that.

I think it is my right in game to be able to use my toolset in an already end game setup and should not come at the sacrifice of my tanking gear (HP, AAD, RS, %nanocost).
    yeah i agree, i should be able to cast all my nanos ina high evade/hp/nd/ar setup infact i think its my right for my toon to just become godlike at 220

oh wait this is ao.

you have to balance setups theres always sacrafices, infact it would be nice if there were nanos (combat nanos not buffs)that profs could not possibly self unless they had nanoskills gear on

Quote Originally Posted by tweeeek View Post
    yeah i agree, i should be able to cast all my nanos ina high evade/hp/nd/ar setup infact i think its my right for my toon to just become godlike at 220

oh wait this is ao.

you have to balance setups theres always sacrafices, infact it would be nice if there were nanos (combat nanos not buffs)that profs could not possibly self unless they had nanoskills gear on
    It would be nice if support profs would stop complaining about having to perk Champion lines to maintain weapon abilities too, but here is a whole thread with whines about it. I guess we should just make it easier on them though (open up full weapon perklines, give them lower/landable checks, add weapon skills to existing perk lines), while not make it easier on the rest of us.

You guys are getting enough support for your weapons, entire patches of support, so why not show the guys that are actually working to cast things some love? Easy, because it isn't you.

Should be last post here for a while so do not expect a reply to any witty comments (sorry Klod). Anyways do not think I would not want my MP and Doctor to get more use out of CoNC, but having a large variety of toons I can tell when one gets shafted and the other gets uneeded boosts albiet fair boosts.
    Last edited by Gatester; Nov 3rd, 2009 at 03:50:21.

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011