Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Shadowbreeds and New Balance

Quote Originally Posted by lostlife View Post
    nanos are being reworked
    perks are being reworked
    specials are being reworked
    some proffessions tactics are being reworked (nt going from trip/double to rainbow nanoing)
    possibly ND is being reworked (would be the "heal nerf" so taht docs couldnt heal for 4 hours non stop)

i see no reason why FC wouldn't rework SB, unless they just "forgot"

does any one have any serious suggestions to what SB should be?
    SBs are fine as they are with the exception of the Opifex SBs and the Omni Nanomage SB.

As for what they should be, I'm not sure, to be quite honest. But at least I narrowed the field of view.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Looke View Post
    I agree, it's time to change SBs, I suggest:

1: Switch all clan SB with omni SB
    2: change back their mechanics as they were before the rebalance/fix
    3: change back OS to insta death
    4: keep it like this for 2-3 years
    Now that'd be completely unfair, KNOWING that it took FC less than a year to change Clan SBs to either remove or give a full 30 sec resistance to the Omni Soli SB. Nine months is hardly two to three years.

Unless you mean that Omnis should get Clan SBs and Clans should get Omni SBs as they are now and the only change they should undo is that of the Orbital Strike. I guess it'd be sort of interesting to see if all those Clan whines after that change were actually baseless.
    GO WITH MANY BLELBINEMS

GUESS WHO (IT STARTS WITH "SWORD" AND ENDS WITH "BREAKER")

LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Swardbearker View Post
    Now that'd be completely unfair, KNOWING that it took FC less than a year to change Clan SBs to either remove or give a full 30 sec resistance to the Omni Soli SB. Nine months is hardly two to three years.
    Say what? How do you calculate NW release to Clan SBs being changed as "less than a year"?

Also to be completely fair in reference to the SB+OS combination, you should have the ~1 year period of Clan SB doing squat against Omni SB, followed by the removal/resist with 30s lockouts, given that Omni have been telling us since day one of SB+OS to "l2p".
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Swardbearker View Post

Unless you mean that Omnis should get Clan SBs and Clans should get Omni SBs as they are now and the only change they should undo is that of the Orbital Strike. I guess it'd be sort of interesting to see if all those Clan whines after that change were actually baseless.
    from LE release to the changing of OS mechanics should be about how long the change should be. that seems fair. but how bout we make it 2 years of the clan SB aoe root being unremoveable then 9 months of it being removable, see wat its like with the shoe on the other foot, aye omnis?
    Shadwstalker - In before agents are cool again! http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=171841
    Imsoparanoid - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=128791
    Shadwenf - gimpeh http://auno.org/ao/equip.php?saveid=133295

Actually wasn't clan soli SB bugged since release? How many years was that?

Quote Originally Posted by Noobius76 View Post
    Actually wasn't clan soli SB bugged since release? How many years was that?
    August 2003. Wasn't fixed for removal of Omni SB until 17.5.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Clan nanomage shadowbreed

I was writing a new thread, but then I found this and figured it could be added.

This has been known for a long time, but now I could see it for my self with this nice stats script SoldiTwo came up with.

At full deff it says Im -100. When I blow the SB who adds 200% agg-deff it says 100. At full agg with SB it says 300 and with SB gone again it says 100.

Why is it that one NM SB would make all clans go full agg, while most want to be full deff because they get hit less? Its nice and all that everyone shoots and cast faster, but if you would have same effect by going full agg everyone would have done it them selves by using the agg-deff bar.

Either it should be removed or replaced with something else.

And another thing. Now Im not quite sure since I have not tested and it might be an error on auno, but acording to auno Splendid does a debuff on omnis, while the higher Blazing does not have a debuff. Why is that?
    Last edited by Neverest; Feb 5th, 2010 at 21:59:30.
    Neverest 220 NM MP PVP setup

Quote Originally Posted by Neverest View Post
    I was writing a new thread, but then I found this and figured it could be added.

This has been known for a long time, but now I could see it for my self with this nice stats script SoldiTwo came up with.

At full deff it says Im -100. When I blow the SB who adds 200% agg-deff it says 100. At full agg with SB it says 300 and with SB gone again it says 100.

Why is it that one NM SB would make all clans go full agg, while most want to be full deff because they get hit less? Its nice and all that everyone shoots and cast faster, but if you would have same effect by going full agg everyone would have done it them selves by using the agg-deff bar.

Either it should be removed or replaced with something else.

And another thing. Now Im not quite sure since I have not tested and it might be an error on auno, but acording to auno Splendid does a debuff on omnis, while the higher Blazing does not have a debuff. Why is that?
    Outside buff changes to aggdef don't change your defensive capability, they just change the speed at which you hit, or your aggressiveness.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

All omnis that kept saying "SB+OS is no problem use different tactics" should support this, so everyone would be a winner!!
    lol bump

I really don't see what there is to complain about. Omnis have a better soli and NM SB and Clans have a better Trox and Opi SB. The opi ones on both sides still suck like alcoy and hacre said though and the NM ones, though better than opi, are generally a bit less useful than the soli and trox. Omni NM SB can be effective if used properly though.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

All omnis that kept saying "SB+OS is no problem use different tactics" should support this, so everyone would be a winner!!
    it was changed for a reason, that reason being that it was to powerful. that would be like taking away BR and GTH and giving solds a way of removing all trader drains (from the traders side) and stoping them from redraining, and giving docs the ability to make it so traders couldnt cast any beneficial nanos, and giving nts a way of making it so traders couldnt do anything offensivly or provide support for there side.

see how i made it so things were onesided before onesided again for the opposing side? thats not what i call balance.

SBs should be reworked though, seeing as how everything else is
    Last edited by lostlife; Feb 5th, 2010 at 23:10:30.

Ahh for some reason i just got a wonderful mental image of leaving SBs as they are- just redusing the recharge on them to say 2 sec.

Anybody here ever played Unreal with one of custom Revenge relic or Redeemer arenas?
    Build a fire to somebody and you provide him with a heat and a light for a night. Put somebody on fire and you provide him with a heat and a light for the rest of his life.

dont forget that 15k heal on clan soli sb is nothing nowadays so it needs to get boosted to 100k heal to match ich.
    thats in case if u boost omni sb damage

and really made m ROFL at omni asking to improve SB

ur SB have broken whole game and made hundreds of people stop playing ao
    Rapped 220/30/70 Enforcer game over equip retired
    Rapzilla 220/30/70 Adventurer game over equip mr newb?
    Mayhemia 220/30/70 NT game over equip Fixer's best frand
    Rippli 220/25/70 Soldier new equip BS junkie
    Amazinghorse aka Rippped 170/24/42 Agent equip new OP tl5 tool
    Rappjr work in progress
    Rippped 207/30/70 Agent fastest AI30 Ever?

General of Quetzfags // General of The Asylum

balance of the past has no relevance to the balance of today or tomorrow (unless it was changed from balanced to unbalanced, then it should be reestablished or used as a reference).

with so many things being changed its only natrual that SBs be changed as well

Anyone who says clan Atrox SB is fine should have their brain checked by a health professional.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Anyone who says clan Atrox SB is fine should have their brain checked by a health professional.
    so you agree with me on that SBs should be rabalanced?
    i agree with me too

Technically in my opinion about shadowbreeds in general, i agree with Kink, anything with 5 hour recharge is just a bad design, no matter whether it annihilates everything within 50 meter radius or spawns twenty dancing Barbie Leets with blonde pubic hair and pink bikinis.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123