Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Thursday with Means - Promised new Atrox Head render

Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    I mentioned last week we had an example head (Atrox) that I was unsure if I had posted here. Here it is. Putting it in this weeks update would be cheating.

Please note: the transparency of the Atrox hair does not display correctly in this Max render but is correctly displayed in the new engine.
    That is... Great! By far the most lifelike head we've seen so far I think.

I have to agree about the eyes tho, they're slightly off in some way, possibly too crisp in the colouring and the irises are a little large I think.

& the tattoo doesn't look like a tattoo, it looks more like something added onto a photo of a trox (is OmniTec still using photoshop???)

Other than those 2 items, I like it loads!
    A new light shines upon Rubi-Ka,A new channel is opened in the grid feed,
    A new Team dedicated to the distribution of knowledge is formed.
    >>> AO-Universe <<<
    For the People, By the People.

it's the iris, the iris is way too big. Plox no more manga eyes

Quote Originally Posted by Snakebite View Post
    I have to agree about the eyes tho, they're slightly off in some way, possibly too crisp in the colouring and the irises are a little large I think.

& the tattoo doesn't look like a tattoo, it looks more like something added onto a photo of a trox (is OmniTec still using photoshop???)
    I'm not singling you out, you just happened to post both of them at once so easy quoting for me.

The Eyes, and tattoo will not look like they currently do once in game, they have Alpha maps attached to them, which will cause them to render slightly different in game.

In game you can expect the eyes to show a bit of "glint" or the reflective quality that normal human eyes have from being wet.

The tattoo would be slightly duller, looking like something that was put on when the atrox was young but not touched up as it grew older.
    "A whole new place to run around for ages in then die suddenly without warning."

"I know who coded pet pathing... and when I see him I say "/follow" and I start waling in to walls :P"

The "Trolls" option is incorrect. The term trolls is not used to describe the gathering of information on the Internet.

<@Kintaii> L2P

"I sense great vulnerability. A man-child crying out for love. An innocent orphan in the post-modern world."
    "I see a parasite. A sexually depraved miscreant who is seeking only to gratify his basest and most immediate urges."
    "His struggle is man's struggle. He lifts my spirit."
    "He is a loathesome, offensive brute. Yet I can't look away."
    "He transcends time and space."
    "He sickens me."
    "I love it."
    "Me too."

Can we get an atrox head with a mullet?

I have this trailer park setup on my enf's social tab and its just not complete without the mullet.
    Quote Originally Posted by Glarawyn
    Nah, the general perception of Adventurers in AO is that we're a DD profession with fur.
    Achiever 60.00%, Explorer 73.33%, Killer 53.33%, Socializer 13.33%

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Oh I also found it pretty hilarious when checking your nick on People of Rubi-Ka that you DO have the same head Means posted today...on RK1.

It very well may not have been you that made that character, but the name is still the same.
    I didn't make that toon. That's actually an old orgmate of mine that went to RK1 and stole my name.
    Towerblock, 220/30/70 Engineer
    President of Steadfast

And way too many alts...

Quote Originally Posted by Autohead View Post
    Avatar's over, you can take the 3d glasses off now. Seriously have no idea what you're looking at, the eyes look fine.

They should look 3d, I for one will be glad to see if AO can move past making everything look like it's wallpapered on to your character.
    Agreed, it would look gay with wallpaper eyes. People who like that should be content with the current engine.

Quote Originally Posted by Entventurer View Post
    Sweaty Forehead
    Thats the grey hair, silly.

I personally love the new head. Looking forward to see full body work also.

Quote Originally Posted by angryturtle View Post
    "I sense great vulnerability. A man-child crying out for love. An innocent orphan in the post-modern world."
    "I see a parasite. A sexually depraved miscreant who is seeking only to gratify his basest and most immediate urges."
    "His struggle is man's struggle. He lifts my spirit."
    "He is a loathesome, offensive brute. Yet I can't look away."
    "He transcends time and space."
    "He sickens me."
    "I love it."
    "Me too."
    Seinfeld. My DVD's are all worn out (not to mention the VHS tapes). Also the USB disk with all the episodes I have hooked up to my BD player is making strange noises. WTB a BD release already.

And the head looks cool, next screenshots of these new heads in-game using the new engine pretty please?

I can't believe I'm the first to say this:

Who knew the Chinese could give such great head...s?
    Amosco -- Brokest Trader on RK2
    Coope -- His bot is his best friend

Originally posted by Dark Kensai
    Promising the stars and then hitting the customer with a bat so that they see stars is not the same thing.

Originally Posted by sobeguy
    If you really want this chair, why not just get a phalloplasty and address your real concern?

Become a Lifer

nice head there, gj ao guys
    SOON™coming back...
    Neosh 220/20 Shade | Neokirurg 220/21 Doc crit setup | Neoc 216/18 Crat
    Shades are really invisible (from FC point of view)
    Patterns/symbs SALE ----- Refined imps SALE

Tell us the truth Means, there are anonymous reports that you are paying the Chinese head makers with perlz...what is your response to these accusations?
    Autohead 220/30/70 Solitus Soldier - Synergy Factor
    Auron 220/25 Keeper ::: Shadowslave 220/23 Shade ::: Radius 211/21 Nano-Technician
    Sunza 207/21 Martial Artist ::: Voss 182/15 Engineer ::: Shadowhead 150/16 Agent

That trox has some serious pomade (or however its spelled) or styling gel in its hair!
    Mashershade 220/30/70 Shade
    Capsaisin
    220/28/60ish NT
    Mashermasha 150/20/35ish Enfo

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Wiseman: When you removed the book from the cradle, did you speak the words?
    Ash: Yeah, basically.
    Wiseman: Did you speak the exact words?
    Ash: Look, maybe I didn't say every tiny syllable, no. But basically I said them, yeah.

Replace "Wiseman" with "Means" and "Ash" with "Kintaii" (and "speak the words" with "export your stuff") and you pretty much have every pre-patch conversation ever.

Ooh, Thursdays should never be Fridays...

Unless it's drug induced

and it's really really NOT hair-care products whut produced the shine
    Last edited by Dogtrauma; Feb 5th, 2010 at 19:25:11.
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Technogen View Post
    The Eyes, and tattoo have Alpha maps attached to them, which will cause them to render slightly different in game.

In game you can expect the eyes to show a bit of "glint" or the reflective quality that normal human eyes have from being wet.

The tattoo would be slightly duller, looking like something that was put on when the atrox was young but not touched up as it grew older.
    You bring that information to us as professional or are you guessing?
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Quote Originally Posted by ArienSky View Post
    You bring that information to us as professional or are you guessing?
    He's just a fanboi
    220 Shade | 220 NT | 220 Crat | 220 Fixer | 220 Agent | 165 Adv

Quote Originally Posted by Graftmage View Post
    He's just a fanboi
    Except that it will look differently ingame, and after meeting various chars ingame there is a chance we keep paying attention to the eyes (most important part of the human body for this) after several hours of game. Or maybe it will look bad, but I'm sure sometimes proportions can be bent when it comes to what we will remember.

I mean, I tend to wait to see models in action before giving a final opinion. This one look expressive like the original, in a slightly different way, but it sure looks good. I wanna see the beard and hair ingame.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

Aaaaachooooo...

That new trox looks like he has a cold :P

*Hands over some tissues*

Stig
    .:: Stigman : 220 / 30 / 70 : NM Engineer (PVM 35% Crit) : I Make It, You Buy It : FIRST Omni NM Engi to hit 220/30/70 on RK1 ::.
    .:: Stigmartyr : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Shade (Neutral) : Piercing Princess ::.
    .:: Levinstein : 220 / 30 / 70 : Opi Agent : Sneaky Sniper ::.
    .:: Lexstein : 150 / 20 / 42 : Trox Engineer : Sector Ten : Currently the ONLY 150/20/42 Trox Engi on RK1 ::.

OK, since FWM is locked for now and Means is in the mood to answer questions...

Means, should I reactivate Klodovik? And if answer is affirmative, I would also like to know why?
    Last edited by Klod9003; Feb 10th, 2010 at 22:48:41.

New trox head looks good, but the eyes are really bugging the hell out of me. I think the pupil is a bit too big, and so is the iris. Other than that, looking awesome.
    **Proud Squad Commander of Nightmares End**

Aeirilys - 220 Doc RK2
    Spiritofsnow - 150 Sol RK2
    Oniaikido - 98 Leveling Up MA RK2

[ Rebel for Life ]~[ Clan 'til Death ]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast