Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Top annoyances of your profession

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfytr View Post
    If a soldier is using green tracers, and kills u, the soldier isn't the problem.

Actually i think the dshark has some value in pvp. More so than the Xan weapon does to be honest.

Here's my argument..

Against coon profs id swap Arbalest + Dshark (both cold damage, eats coon nicely, and faster AS than supernova) and the snare proc is nice considering we are the easiest profession to CC against, so having a "CC" tool of our own to prevent people from kiting away from us in mass pvp is really nice.

That said, i'm an SMG only soldier now
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

My shade and fix dont have blockers , heal , coon , bio regrow , ams , ch ...
    That sucks because i got killed by omnis aka 40 ppl 1 on 5 times :s
    Jahh equip
    Junkstab
    Junkee
    Ghiuseppe
    Punkville fulloflove
    Plajiia

Also...

Keeper : CC protection is bland, defeat righteousness being a piss off nano, desync.

Engie : Bots are stupid, hard to controll and won't keep aggro from me no matter how much time I press the taunter, controll symbs are kinda sucky. Also dog dies too much, or at least takes too long to recreate.
    Server first !!! Neutral Solitus Male Soldier named Boltgun to wear a short with pink spots on RK1 !!!
    N E U T R A L I Z E R S

NT

*Spending most of the time in pvp trying to recharge nano.
    *GTH turning me into a targetting dummy.
    *Getting every defensive item in game and yet a ranged advy can get me to 5% in about 4-5 seconds dragging his finger across the keyboard.
    *Lack of burst damage.
    *Beeing able to get way more than 4k NR and yet GTH and other debuffs usualy lands before 1 nuke is done casting.
    Fapfap - 220/19 Fixer
    Fappers - 220/22 NT
    Autoafk - 220/21 Crat
    Hisap - 220/20 Shade
    Autofil - 212/11 Enf
    Hisap1 - 211/13 Sol
    Autofap - 211/9 Agt

Unhappy

Agent:
    Log on
    Activate Visual Profession
    wait 18 min. (make dinner, do dishes, chat with guild, whatever)
    Buff up for 1 min
    See Visual profession run out
    Buff visual profession 2
    Buff for 1-2 min.
    Go play. yay, finally.

Seriously, that is how it goes, starting up with MP.

Sure.. if I were an endgame endgame Agent, I did not have to wait..
    But from 1 to 216ish I have.

At lower levels it is even worse though:
    Wait 28 min.
    See Visual profession run out
    Buff for 1-2 min.
    Go play using Agent tools.

"True profession" does nothing the above does not, it is just fun, compared to the above mentioned routine, which is not fun at all.

Which leads to the quote:
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggester View Post
    Enforcer:
    Nanoskills WTF? Why do i have to max and perk Nanoskills Im a Tank not a MP oder NT.
    Agents have for many years had some +dam nanoes that noone used, everyone agreed that the nanoskill costs were too high for them to be used.

There were a choice.
    (good link, a must-view)

But in AO almost every nano is so powerfull that it pays off to get the skill to cast them.
    No matter if you are Atrox or Nanomage, you have the same tools.

Because of the skill cap, you can _not_ prioritice nano combat over eg. dodge, because getting teh skill is no longer a matter of "do I have enough IP?", but rather "how do I twink these items on, so I have enough skill?"

Remove or highten the nano-skill limit, så that using nanoes is expencive in IP, so that there is a diference between nanomage and Atrox in cost, and so that eg. HP and evades can be an alternative to using nanoes.

As an end-note:
    Now teh Agent +dam nanoes are used..
    Not because they are better, but because people would rather save 18 min. of wait time and screw there setups to have fun.
    True profession has high nanoskill requirements, meaning those using it can also cast the +dam nanoes.

Imagine Keepers could get a nano that saved them on the minutes of buffing?
    Here we talk people choosing other setups, not to get a stronger toon, but to save an annoyance..

That is my biggest annoyance.
    -that the tool to have fun is endgame only
    the second is that there is no choice: all nanoes are required for you to not be gimp; the costs are too low, compared with the benifits.

Kind Regards
    -Ariensky
    Humankind can not gain anything, without first giving something in return.
    To obtain; something of equal value must be lost.
    That is the 1st law of equivalent exchange

Rubi-Ka needs: a nickel statue of an astronaut pointing at the sky
    With the description / plate saying:
    When the stars burn out and I find I lack the strength to continue...one of YOU wil pick up the flag and carry it forward.
    This really isn't a corporate product anymore...it belongs to all of us. Where it goes it up to us.

Agent annoyances:

Buffing Time.
    PvM solo damage sucks hard.
    No crit rifle.
    7x TEAM Blockers. Not bothered by self-blockers.
    Mimic Doc dependency, which leads to...

A list of the following professions that can debuff Agents ability to defend themselves (in no particular order):

1hb/combo Enfs, Traders, Soldiers, MPs, Crats, Doctors, MAs, some NTs, Shades, some good Engis.
    Not counting other Agents, that's 8/13 (62% rounded) professions that can give Agents hell on BS at any given time, and two professions that can possibly be annoying.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Enforcer:

Healing my health literally takes minutes.
    50ft tall and I have to run from fights to survive.
    LE procs are a stupid thing to rely on.
    Massive snare drawback on max health buffs. Am I not supposed to use my nanos?

Shade:

I need time to use my perks, and I can't really stop people from kiting me.
    CC tools.

MA:

Disharmony health proc and triple wielding cause damage shields to do ridiculous damage.
    MA attacks that are self only but require you to pass defensive checks on opponents.
    Init debuffs are far too effective against MA's.
    Slow melee prof.

Agent:

Too many things I can't FP and use.
    The agent toolset is more effective at tl5 than tl7, when it becomes outdated.

Trader:

Nothing that local cooldowns on nanos won't fix, followed by a nice nerf to the trader toolset.

MP:

90% of my toolset is self-castable at 75.
    Level 179 Emnity meatball OD's SL pets till about the 212 locked Zhok.
    Outdated or useless pets period.
    Why am I the 4th best nuking profession?

Soldier:

Boring.

Fixer:

Just about perfect, no complaints.

Doctor:

Too busy healing to cast offensively.
    People assist, call, and destroy me.

Keeper:

Boring.
    Casting buffs....oh man does casting buffs on a keeper suck.
    Slow.

NT:

Again, local cooldowns eliminate my only complaint here.

Ranged adventurer:

Not a single good weapon for pvp until 205+
    No burst support, limits weapon choice heavily
    Low weapon attack rating for a weapon reliant offense (pistol perks will be nerfed)

Melee adventurer:

CC resistance/removal is weak until late TL7

Engineer:

Symbs are incredibly difficult to acquire at tl3-4
    The ofab erks me with its crapiness
    SL dog pet gap from 100-175

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Actually i think the dshark has some value in pvp. More so than the Xan weapon does to be honest.

Here's my argument..

Against coon profs id swap Arbalest + Dshark (both cold damage, eats coon nicely, and faster AS than supernova) and the snare proc is nice considering we are the easiest profession to CC against, so having a "CC" tool of our own to prevent people from kiting away from us in mass pvp is really nice.

That said, i'm an SMG only soldier now
    Yep, what he said..

I will say this too.. if you're an engi.. get an DShark now.

PS. put it in a bag, until rebalance.

As for annoyances...damn I play so many profs these days that it's hard to come up with a complete list.

Let's see.

My 220.30 engi: EOE seems the way to go, but other implants seem necessary too.. and all this for AS...damn so much swapping.
    My 220.30 doc: no, you keep your new stuff if you want, I want be a top notch healer, and I am
    My 220.30 crat: oh oh, the engi said it all, but I have an attitude..called AAD. More imps.
    My 220.21 NT: dude, if you want me to do the next dot, you need to ding me.
    My 220.28 advy: baby, you just have to call it Sharpshooter, and you can forget me.
    My 220.28 agent: why the eff, do I have to buff for half of a Battlestation??
    My 220.30 soldier: someone forgot me.

On any melee I play: roots
    Nesjamag 220/30/70 Shade
    Nesjamah 220/23/69 MP
    Nesjahero 150/16/42 Keeper
    Nesjasol 220/26/58 Soldier
    Nesjawild 150/19/35 Advy

The Asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Nesja View Post
    On any melee I play: roots
    TL7 melee adv would like to talk to you.

spatial displacement+two passive buffs is something like 95% resist if not 100%, but I have to agree, like stated, before TL7 roots are annoying, not to mention they never seem to break when im getting nuked.

They should make roots reliant on breaking dependant on damage, no just % based on hit (if it isnt like this already, im not 100% sure)

IE make the % chance to break a root reliant on damage, scaling by hp IE you have 10k HP, you're rooted. You get hit for 30% cap, that's 100% chance to break the root, bam, broken. Then scale from that 30% cap down, or something. This may or may not be a bad idea, need feedback honestly.

Quote Originally Posted by hamurai View Post
    They should make roots reliant on breaking dependant on damage, no just % based on hit (if it isnt like this already, im not 100% sure).
    It's not.

Something like that exists in AoC though (they practically break on first hit), but roots/snares/stuns/KB/fears are on cooldown there and they already have very short duration, there's also short immunity after cast so, no chain casting possible. Ah, right, they also have "melee" range.

Everything, but melee range, sounds reasonable.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Even if roots are breakable, they can be recast again and again and a ranged prof can kill a melee prof without the melee ever managing to land a hit
    Nesjamag 220/30/70 Shade
    Nesjamah 220/23/69 MP
    Nesjahero 150/16/42 Keeper
    Nesjasol 220/26/58 Soldier
    Nesjawild 150/19/35 Advy

The Asylum

Nanotechnician:
    minimum of 2s capped cast time on every single endgame nuke. This is annoying in raids/teams where mobs die fast. Give us some instacast nukes so we can stop nuking remains.

Not being able to do any real damage in pvm but when I say something about it hearing "ZOMG YOU GAWT TRIPPLEZ!!!!" Even though I don't pvp and have never used an LE nuke in my toons life.

1m range on Faster than your shadow.
    Forum rule #1 :
    If someone disagrees with you, he is obviously trolling, flamming, or a stupid n00b.

grenade wielding engi, slowest perks in the entire game, lowest AR due to NO grenade in symbs below alpha's, longest toon to buff bar none, psychology sucks for tradeskills.

in pvp, AS needs to be addressed, make AS skill check against evades just as every other attack checks against defences.

sneak attack needs to be on the same cap as AS, and if AS never misses, neither should sneak attack, melee profs have enough against them as it is, this however, is a huge imballance

reflects need to be halved in pvp, just as damage is halved, otherwise it makes them twice as efficient as they should be.

healing, see reflects ^^

i'd really like to see AMS/TMS have a 2 minute root effect in addition to the nano shut down, just to stop all the soldiers who are godlike for 90 seconds then run like sheep at a welsh wedding

Crat: Pets being stuck snared/calmed somewhere over9000 km's away from me.
    Sh**ty cc toolset that doesnt work on many profs(enf, nt, fixer and more).
    Inability to mitigate damage(vel defences semi-useless).
    Inability to change pet order in pet window ( yea gotten used to CEO being first, but i guess thats not only a crat annoyance, also connected to next one).
    TTB being useless cause i cant move CEO to 1st spot in pet window.
    Lack of support for Remod (yes plx!)

Trader: Inability to remove negative part of drains without removing the positive part.
    Useless cc toolset.
    Being perked despite all drains landing.

MA: Slow weapons. Debuffs landing through all NR+UWOS. Sometimes cc tools.
    You survived...You prevailed....Yet a bird's flight knows no end...
    Reality is a momentary dream but a dream is a reality for an eternity.

Kawaii "Koizumi" Akira - 220/25/70 soon-to-be-Berserk MA (refreshing!)
    Deadalus "Yumeno" Proxy - 220/30/70 Former stunwhore
    One "Namichan" Piece - 220/30/68 Drainwhore
    Aj Ar "Spawara" Triplenab - 220/24/45 Nuke-Welder
    IOmnomnomjoor "Emohatetellz" - 2/0/0 TL5 killer in progress

Quote Originally Posted by Quitter123 View Post
    How about this new nano for enfs, it takes random amount of nanoskills and nano to cast, when landed on random opponent it debuffs random weaponskill by random amount for an unspecified length of time.

Quote Originally Posted by thermonuked View Post
    reflects need to be halved in pvp, just as damage is halved, otherwise it makes them twice as efficient as they should be.

i'd really like to see AMS/TMS have a 2 minute root effect in addition to the nano shut down, just to stop all the soldiers who are godlike for 90 seconds then run like sheep at a welsh wedding
    Dear god.

This has to be the most uninformed anti-soldier post i've ever seen.

You realize soldiers have the SLOWEST runspeed in the entire game right? On top of the WORST NR to boot.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast