Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Mongo Rage

Quote Originally Posted by agentwolve View Post
    but it does, funcom has stated that they base pvp around team play, and soldier is one of the best for team pvp.

now you're just trolling.

also you might need some advice if the only people you can kill is enforcers.
    So basicly u think every1 has to play team pvp because funcom stated they base pvp around it? i hate team pvp, and therefore i duel. But i guess thats not pvp :S

And when i do BS, what are sols gonna do if their assault rifle vs. me, burst fa me to death? :P doesnt work that well vs. evaders,hence the MR, not that they kill evaders with MR either. i dont know about everyone else, but i tend NOT to team sols because of reflect aura instead of rrfe, and when they die or run off somewhere u lose aura if their gone for too long.

Oh and I dont play a sol, i play a shade :/

PS. I usually use offensive spirits, except l-arm as most shades, if im gonna swap l-arm too it takes me around 30s. What i swap is; Hud 3, board, back and helm, to go from my offensive setup to defensive.
    Last edited by Burgly; Nov 18th, 2010 at 20:59:01.
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

So from my calcs, you seem to have 3240 static AR (in your 'def' setup), care to divulge how much static def you run around with?

Also sure we believe you don't play a sold rofl
    Last edited by Weltall; Nov 18th, 2010 at 22:15:54.

You are free to believe what u want.
    RK
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    You are free to believe what u want.
    Believing in crazy things is what a lot of people have to do in this thread mate. How else could we explain why they think MR is the most OP thing in the game?
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Believing in crazy things is what a lot of people have to do in this thread mate. How else could we explain why they think MR is the most OP thing in the game?
    Just how you believed you couldnt gank me on test? and after i told you how, and you did it twice, claimed i was delluusional in thinking it would work in "real pvp' when you didnt even use MR.

yeah man. some people will believe anything.
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    care to suggest something more OP .... maybe CB because it the -3k NR is for everyone who targets and not the nt.

i remember when agents were first getting bullseye, all the emo whines saying it was soo OP ect, but if you roll trox you get x3 that power (original bulls eye before nerfed)
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    So basicly u think every1 has to play team pvp because funcom stated they base pvp around it? i hate team pvp, and therefore i duel. But i guess thats not pvp :S
    but saying people are nerfed because they cannot do something that there not intended for is stupid, its like me bitching because i cant out heal a doc or debuffs more then a crat, drain more then a trader.
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnuckleSamwich View Post
    considering how many ranged advies omni has, clan did quite a job.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciex View Post
    Ive rolled NT and rarely make it longer than 3-4s vs fixers.
    Talking whats OP and whats not by people who have never really played so told OP profession is just lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Hellrule View Post
    Just how you believed you couldnt gank me on test? and after i told you how, and you did it twice, claimed i was delluusional in thinking it would work in "real pvp' when you didnt even use MR.

yeah man. some people will believe anything.
    Sure, I can gank you when you stand still and dont do anything and have all defensive perks down and im using a hypothetical single scenario equip that I would otherwise NEVER use.

Yeah. You got me.
    Leave "Marinegent" AScar - 220/23/65 Atrox Agent
    Wakeup "Marinesold" Screaming - 220/30/70 Nanomage Soldier
    "Moonmarin" - 220/30/80 Solitus Martial Artist
    "Marinekeep" - 215/18/4x Atrox Keeper
    Quote Originally Posted by CuisinartBlade View Post
    to be fair, 2.8k ar is enough to perk anyone except fixers, mas, advs, shades, nt's that blinded you, shield mps, bow mps that landed dazzle, def docs, crats, or marinesold

so all in all it's a fairly viable setup

Hypothetical being a setup you would never use that half the endgame soldiers who pvp on rk1 use, effectively.
    Yeah.

And to rehash our argument from test = a gank is not pvp.
    so if you gank me, I'm not sure why your still under the illusion i should have my defense perks up.
    I throw up an evade perk the moment you started attacking me, died still.

But yeah man your right, a dead crat isn't a dead crat. I'll CH next time
    Hellrule 220/30/70 - Your future Crat Dictator
    Secretly Clan

Quote Originally Posted by Weltall View Post
    Way to miss the point. He said MAs are unperkable with dof up to a MRing soldier.
    Well, this is also true, it depends of the way you're getting there, the situation. In a duel without using Evasive Stance, you can very well dodge a full Sold perks' alpha, well against a SMG one that's it, and if you use some Items at the right time.
    But that's too much duel-like. And Marine is more like a dueller, at least when it comes to state things about MAs, about mine, precisely. Maybe he shoulda precised that, I don't know.

Mass PvP, well, if we consider that no MA player in his/her right mind will ever use a defensive setup to BS with (not talking about NW/Tara and the likes here, but I wouldn't go for a full def setup for that kinda event either tbh, def setup as in something that would allow me to reach over 5K+ dodge to dodge an AR Sold's MR you know, maybe I can try if I've got a Crat in my Team, why not, a balanced setup, otherwise I kill as many Docs/callers as possible before I get called but that's just a way and yeah, I know how NW work thanks, been there many times before anybody tries to tell me anything about it) - then no, a MA will not dodge a Sold's MR in that environment, that's pretty pretty sure, he can avoid to die from it, surely, but Perks will go through, no doubt. Unless the MA is teamed up with and has a good gear and that the Sold just sucks, alone with a few perk actions, always looking for MR in order to know whether it's up again before he can actually kill something. For example only.
    Angevil, proud 220 MA from Rimor.
    Flourishing anew. About twelve GUI/Perk/Armor setups done so far, hopefully that one will outlast the criticism of my perfectionism!

Ars Magna. Histories became artifacts, images of poor effect, memories filled with acts and neglect
    As a vulture of cultures I indeed feed my seeds with much greed, soaked in pleasure I succeed

I said this before and i will say it again, its OP'd perk for a breed, if they give a similar def perk to another breed it will be balanced but since it will unbalance the game more, reduction of AR buff to 500 is ok.

No other breed gives that much ar or similar def other than atrox and as you can see, atrox are getting more healing than a soli, more AR than an opi which is not balanced imo.

Quote Originally Posted by techprince View Post
    I said this before and i will say it again, its OP'd perk for a breed, if they give a similar def perk to another breed it will be balanced but since it will unbalance the game more, reduction of AR buff to 500 is ok.

No other breed gives that much ar or similar def other than atrox and as you can see, atrox are getting more healing than a soli, more AR than an opi which is not balanced imo.
    Back in the days when MR was instruced, how much work did it take to get any decent symbs on a trox instead of like an opifix or a solitus or hell even a nanomage? Think thats some of the reasons trox got such superior tools to comprise for their lacking in other places.

If that still applies can be argued upon.
    RK
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

There is nothing like "lacking", every breed has its own ability caps. If one finds difficult to meet some requirements on a trox then its a result of their choice and i dont think this should be the reason to NOT to change the MR.
    Its a breed, if MR was given to a specific profession(s) instead of breed, no issues. But for a breed? its op'd.

Talking

raise MR to 2000 or 2500 AR, idea of the perk was to make atleast one breed able to perk anything, 1500 is such a joke and doesnt work.
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

Quote Originally Posted by mcnurja View Post
    raise MR to 2000 or 2500 AR, idea of the perk was to make atleast one breed able to perk anything, 1500 is such a joke and doesnt work.
    Why should one BREED be able to perk any PROFESSION?

There is no logical answer to that question, so your point is based on an illogical assumption.
    The Fine Arts:
    Mime | Surgery | Zen
    The Traitor

Xirayne: I couldn't care less about who is clueless or what the exact definition "real" pvp is in ao, I want "fun" pvp!

Quote Originally Posted by boombox View Post
    ok I take it, you're a 210 med suit farma.

as I see it mongo rage works fine, and it shouldnt be done anything with it.

PS: I'm not a crat or fixer.
    First, i killed 0 hecklers to ding 1-200
    Second, lets say MR should make people able to perk anyone with CIB
    Forever yours. Otmoz.

Duel/solo stats can be faked. Side xp cant be. TL7 nw for life

This thread is so full of whine, most emo thread by far.
    Darkempire 220/30/70 Agent
    {edited by Anarrina: see me if you have questions}
    When specifically asked for positive words, responding with a personal attack is incredibly rude and inappropriate. Please do not repeat such behavior.
    Quote Originally Posted by nums214 View Post
    If my wife never got preggo omni wouldn't have lost their fields. 2009 is pretty much when I quit.

I like to speak about MR from different approach.
    First of all - what kind of "feature" MR is? Is it a gank tool or a tool to run on a regular basis with similar to aura or long temp buff?
    Duration tells me that MR is pure gank tool or a tool to win a fight in an extremely short period of time. Then again, if we have an offensive tool of a kind - we have to have a defensive tool of same kind.
    Let's see what people use to counter MR... There is Evasive Stance, there is Deceptive stance, but their cooldown is 10 minutes. MR got 2 minutes cooldown or smth?
    Then again, MR is breed feature, ES and DS are prof features.

Imo, if we're going to talk about balance - we should aim on getting breeds balanced without considering specific profession, as far as balancing professions without taking breeds into consideration.

Of course, a mix of prof/breed can give advantage while comparing to other prof/breed mix, but such advantage should be minimal.
    If MR will stay the same - same AAO bonus, same recharge, same cooldown - then a feature to counter it should have almost the same AAD bonus, nearly same recharge and cooldown.

I'm not sure if MR's AAO should be decreased to 500 or 600 or 1000, but I'm sure that other breed perks should be tweaked or changed to become an appropriate countermeasure.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

it does cost 10 alien perk points tho...

so make a new "Emergency Knockback" perk action , that costs 10 alien perk points and knocks back the mongo rager while making him stunned for 30 sec

... yes

Quote Originally Posted by Gatess View Post
    it does cost 10 alien perk points tho...

so make a new "Emergency Knockback" perk action , that costs 10 alien perk points and knocks back the mongo rager while making him stunned for 30 sec

... yes
    Of course, that was behind my lines when I was talking about appropriate "answer" to MR for other breeds.

Benefits and sacrifices that go hand by hand while obtaining something should be similar aswell.
    G.F.B.D.
    --------------------------------------------
    Artyomis has played 800 days 0 hours 0 minutes 0 seconds
    WTB subscription price lowered for eastern europe countries due to current USD/EUR-to-local-currency rates.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast