Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Research-system getting touched with rebalance?

Research-system getting touched with rebalance?

Takes off the grind if you rework it similar to the AoC feat-system

1 basic all must have (so all get mechs) 2 profession options and 1 general option...then a set amount of points to increase diversity. Unless this takes away too much power from players.

There is a lot of things there I feel could have been done better procwise and skillwise.

research system is nice as it is now game is already easy as it is, dont want it to be easier do we?

Quote Originally Posted by Slackadoo View Post
    research system is nice as it is now game is already easy as it is, dont want it to be easier do we?
    Easy and a grindfest for people who f. eks done 220/70/30 a few times before is kinda different
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Quote Originally Posted by Burgly View Post
    Easy and a grindfest for people who f. eks done 220/70/30 a few times before is kinda different
    Well that's them then i like the research system as it is now. yes it takes a bit of time, but cant get everythign served on a silver platter either can we?

Quote Originally Posted by Slackadoo View Post
    Well that's them then i like the research system as it is now. yes it takes a bit of time, but cant get everythign served on a silver platter either can we?
    Auto lvl for people with 2+ 100% endgame toons ! yay
    RK
    Roxburry 220/30/70 Cratz0r
    Roxbury 220/25/70 Shadez0r
    Bolrn 220/27/70 Mpz0r
    Arrow83 220/27/70 Solz0r

Procs from personnal research definitely need to be reworked, but that would be the extent of the changes I would bring (short of some very localized changes like new engineer's ts for nano system will prolly require, or new weapon support where it's now intended).

However, the side research system strikes me as one that was fundamentally flawed from the start. It was introduced, players fed the hungry research til it was completed and now it's all done and finished and left to profit for the generations to be. Most splendid waste of coding ever imo.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Resarch isnt that hard. 9 or so /played days to hit 220, AI20, LE70, and a full set of ofab is really very reasonable.
    Don't be lonely anymore.

Look at your post, now back at mine. Now back to your post, now back at mine. Sadly, yours isn't mine, but if you stopped trolling and started posting legitimate comments it could look like mine. Look down, back up, where are you? You're scrolling through posts, reading the posts your posts could look like. Back at mine, it's a reply saying something you want to hear. Look again, my reply is now diamonds. Anything is possible when you think before you post.

i would just like the caps taken off 9/10s...

theres lots of changes needed on procs....stuff like ubt procs/nsd procs/nano drain procs and rage procs shouldnt exist and make this game very unbalanced

Quote Originally Posted by RmikClan View Post
    theres lots of changes needed on procs....stuff like ubt procs/nsd procs/nano drain procs and rage procs shouldnt exist and make this game very unbalanced
    So true.
    Renowned jester of the double AS Tigress

MP in sneak eNSDed me and did about 20k damage in 10-12 seconds

Good thing he mentioned UBT. Otherwise it could sound biased. Well, it probably still is.
    ಠ_ಠ

More global research. That is all.

Was thinking it would be convenient if you could choose one or two lines of research of the skill you WANT to not grind a skill that is PRE DETERMINED for my char.

For example, If I want to make a MBC crat, why do I have to research pistol ? In order not to be gimp ?

And I don't want QfP research on my MP.

Stuff like that. This used to be a game of many options and personal custimizations but now its almost a bottleneck into a cookie cutter.
    Last edited by Metafizis; Nov 22nd, 2010 at 19:14:42.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    With a kite team you generaly pay for your lvls. Imo this makes it ok..
    Quote Originally Posted by Vgman01 View Post
    Pocket teaming is fine to because (most of the time) players actualy step up and kill the hecklers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hvyshadows View Post
    OST is actually a good thing. In many Ely heck teams where there is a pocket the rest of the team sits around and chats every once in awhile.

Quote Originally Posted by RmikClan View Post
    way i see ti they did change procs. Anyone remember the infinitely useful stun procs crats had? Now they are silly root procs... so crats are stuck with a random 10s nano dmg buff that is inconsequential on pvp
    "Can I have some shoes?"

Quote Originally Posted by techprince View Post
    removal of caps from 9th and 10th plx.
    Research Accelerator Stim FTW.

Some profession research needs to be rethought. Profs with multiple weapon lines could have them collapsed into a single line. At present, several professions have to slog through many levels of research that yield worthless bonuses just to obtain a decent proc or a useful bonus to a special their main weapon line shares. Eg, the Underground Doctor line offers a 5% healing efficiency bonus at the end, which is certainly welcome, however, unless I actually plan on using martial arts as a main attack skill, what in the holy name of Odin am I going to do with the other 9 levels of the research? Ok, 25 extra attack rating for landing UBT and 15 strength.. a worthwhile investment indeed.

Random miniscule bonuses in places like level 7s and 8s could be replaced by meaningful advantages. 100 HP for a level 8? Golly gee, you shouldn't have. Bonuses like the 25 ranged energy for engineers in a line 5 where it's absent anywhere else. 25 RE. Really makes or breaks a character. There's an entire 25 MA in there somewhere, too. I'm sure that was a stellar boost for all 3 MA engineers.
    Waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kinkstaah View Post
    Resarch isnt that hard. 9 or so /played days to hit 220, AI20, LE70, and a full set of ofab is really very reasonable.

Actually you can make a 220/30/70 toon in 11 *PLAYED* days.

Well, I did not specifically grind for Research except around lvl 100 when doing hecks I've put it higher, but all in all it is not such a huge grind. I did hit 220 with all lvl 8's done.
    regards
    Happy employee of the Omni Tek corporation.
    I am destruction. I am creation. I am Engineer.
    Free Tradeskill Services on RK1. Includes AI Armor.

AOMover | AwesOme Script
    Open Source Licenses, enjoy your freedom

It is enough that you'll be able to pop instant 200'ish toon. It's such a big leap in leveling stress that we can start making daily speed runs out of this game.
    Taranide 220/30 fixer RK2 and now also RK1! Wait a second...
    Might have other characters too but I'm not so sure, always leave them camping something and there they are for few months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast