Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Monitor Smoking Suit RUINED for female characters!

Quote Originally Posted by lindelu View Post
    Lliers: I have a request, it's fair that you call us out on ninja changes that are missing in the patch notes, but this one was not ninjaed in, it was mentioned:
    "Various armor sets have gotten new shiny textures and icon updates; Grid Armor, Bureaucrat Suits, Miiir suit, Monitor Smoking Suit."

Edit: Ok I admit that some suits may have been clumped together as Bureaucrat Suit and Miir Suit (:
    I need to shut my mouth now or I will be quoted on the internet talking about b00bs, again.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to sound as accusatory as it came out. I was surprised, and I must confess when I read the latest patch notes, that line didn't register at all. I thought there would just be some texture changes, not a change from cloak to suit.

Neither do I mean to complain about the change. I would bet they look great on trox, but because female solitus/opifex do not have any flair in the legs, suits that include pant leg and sleeve cuffs that taper to the wrist and feet sometimes don't look as sharp as they do on atrox. I'm just not yet used to the new suits.

For both sounding accusatory and complainy, I do apologize.

Personally, I like the new Fancy Black Dress, though I'm a bit surprised at why it should make my characters look fat. (Isn't wearing black supposed to help you look thin? >.>)

As a suggestion, why not just put the original black dress Monitor Smoking Suit texture for female characters on Nelly's Little Black Dress, which is a YESDROP item and currently shares a texture with the plain Black Dress (to really appease the crowd, you'd have to make it Visual Profession = Bureaucrat so that everyone else can wear it in social)? I think that would satisfy the gawkers and might even renew some interest in Mercenaries.
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

Funcom employee

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Stop telling on me. I'm obviously very manly and tough!
    Ssssh, I'm trying to make the community think you're a girl!
    Stop ruining it!
    My posts are my own and do not reflect the views of my current nor former employers/clients

Remco "Vhab" van Oosterhout
    Former Anarchy Online Game Programmer

Live Chat Support | E-mail Support | Forum Rules | AODevs | Vha.Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Vhab View Post
    Ssssh, I'm trying to make the community think you're a girl!
    Stop ruining it!
    Are we in the process of making a MEME?
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Funcom employee

No. No we are not. =P
    Brad L. McAtee / Kintaii
    Former Senior AO Designer & Jack of All Trades
    (2007 - 2012)
    ~~ Twitter :: Facebook :: Norse Noir ~~

Quote Originally Posted by Genele View Post
    Z0mg I will have to put the boobs back then!!!!!!!!! O.O

Is it ok if I replace them with coconuts or melons?
    Please.

Small melons are ok..

...but then...

...having said this, ...

....I hope I don't get into a debate I'm sure I don't want to be part of.

Melons are so common these days... I like natural coconuts, because fake bewbs are not worthy of AO!
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).

Mmm, hairy coconuts....
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

Quote Originally Posted by Phixalicious View Post
    Melons aren't hairy like coconuts.
    You must be in Europe... in the states neither has hair on our females =P

Lliers: I have a request, it's fair that you call us out on ninja changes that are missing in the patch notes, but this one was not ninjaed in, it was mentioned:
    "Various armor sets have gotten new shiny textures and icon updates; Grid Armor, Bureaucrat Suits, Miiir suit, Monitor Smoking Suit."

Edit: Ok I admit that some suits may have been clumped together as Bureaucrat Suit and Miir Suit (:
    Grid armor now makes fixers translucent! Very cool. Much better than the solid blue spandex that was grid armor. Makes much more sense now why wearing it makes you harder to hit.

I can't seen any change in the Miiir suit. In my defense, when you say "new texture and icon updates", one would expect the kinds of changes seen in Grid Armor (but unfortunately not noticed in Miiir suit -- we're talking about the light brown suit/outfit with the white 70's style butterfly collar shirt unbuttoned nearly down to your navel, right?)

Seeing has how this thread seems to have been hijacked into a discussion about fruit, should I post my suggestion to move the previous Monitor Smoking Suit's black dress texture onto Nelly's Little Black Dress somewhere else? (Though, perhaps where this thread has gone was where this thread had always been, and I should take my discussion elsewhere. )
    Froobalicious General of Barador Arin.

-- Playing AO for six years, still a nuub gimp, and proud of it!

I'm sorry you feel this way, I personally liked the new ones better, there are barely any non skanky outfits out there for us women and pretend-to-be's, so the suits are a nice change from that. Perhaps we need skanky suits and non skanky suits as an option...

I need to shut my mouth now or I will be quoted on the internet talking about b00bs, again.

Linde (:
    confirmed: ao devs would rather talk about boobs on the internet than work on new engine!

I'm sorry you feel this way, I personally liked the new ones better, there are barely any non skanky outfits out there for us women and pretend-to-be's, so the suits are a nice change from that. Perhaps we need skanky suits and non skanky suits as an option..:
    Major props for not giving into the hypersexualized advertising craze most of these newgen jap/kor-like MMOs do to attract players. On the flipside, AO population: 10. But the new engine will fix that....it WILL fix that...right?
    Dat Nanomage posterior

No, I'm in California. And our coconuts have hair.
    You are on the wrong side of Hollywood...

Talking

*Eye roll* at the melon and coconut discussions...

Well, you'd be surprised how many women play this game (yeah yeah go on, hit me with the terabyte age old "There are no wimenz on the net" joke).

Personally I'm tired of running around half naked, looking for something semi decent to wear. Try buying a long skirt from the shops... there isnt one. I needed a white one for a themed event, and never did find one. I ended up going the other way and wore Hanshi Secundus Decus Armor Pants, which are black. I liked it so much, I never took it off.

Most of the "costumes" are skanky or men's and look weird on females. I'm sorry they took the boobies out of your line of view, but frankly there are enough other items you can wear in the privacy of your Luxury apartment, or in public, that flashes enough of the big, oversized, unrealistic boobies, which btw, in real life would tip any real woman over or have her slouching with back pains so bad, (Oh wait.. Soli females already slouch), that would match a beating from a solo run through Pande at level 2.

Just saying...

It's nice to see these changes to these outfits. Would be nice to see more proper female clothing...A few longer skirts we can mix and match would be nice... the template is there in the Hanshi Secundus Decus Armor Pants ....or at least give us something equal too look at.... Most male characters in this game have "Ken doll" like lower features *cough*

Hey a girl can dream...
    Last edited by Cariadast; Jul 21st, 2012 at 22:08:02.

Quote Originally Posted by Cariadast View Post
    *Eye roll* at the melon and coconut discussions...

Well, you'd be surprised how many women play this game (yeah yeah go on, hit me with the terabyte age old "There are no wimenz on the net" joke).

Personally I'm tired of running around half naked, looking for something semi decent to wear. Try buying a long skirt from the shops... there isnt one. I needed a white one for a themed event, and never did find one. I ended up going the other way and wore Hanshi Secundus Decus Armor Pants, which are black. I liked it so much, I never took it off.

Most of the "costumes" are skanky or men's and look weird on females. I'm sorry they took the boobies out of your line of view, but frankly there are enough other items you can wear in the privacy of your Luxury apartment, or in public, that flashes enough of the big, oversized, unrealistic boobies, which btw, in real life would tip any real woman over or have her slouching with back pains so bad, (Oh wait.. Soli females already slouch), that would match a beating from a solo run through Pande at level 2.

Just saying...

It's nice to see these changes to these outfits. Would be nice to see more proper female clothing...A few longer skirts we can mix and match would be nice... the template is there in the Hanshi Secundus Decus Armor Pants ....or at least give us something equal too look at.... Most male characters in this game have "Ken doll" like lower features *cough*

Hey a girl can dream...
    If you think the boobs on AO females are "oversized unrealistic boobs", you must think training bras are needed for gnats.

If you think the boobs on AO females are "oversized unrealistic boobs", you must think training bras are needed for gnats.
    Nope, I just have a real pair... if you think they are normal or accurate, you're watching too many Cali starlet wanna-bes who have been enhanced

Nope, I just have a real pair... if you think they are normal or accurate, you're watching too many Cali starlet wanna-bes who have been enhanced
    A real pair being a size A? Because that's the only way you could think AO boobies are oversized. Show me even one AO toon with more than a BB/C. Show me these gigantic boobs that would break their backs in real life. I'll wait while you learn photoshop, if you'd like.

A real pair being a size A? Because that's the only way you could think AO boobies are oversized. Show me even one AO toon with more than a BB/C. Show me these gigantic boobs that would break their backs in real life. I'll wait while you learn photoshop, if you'd like.
    Well, most of us women agree... we joke frequently about it. And quite frankly looking down at my keeper, she's got a pair of Ds on her, for her proportions, anyway. An A cup size wouldnt even be noticeable... B just starts to show...Think Sandra Bullock, who actually is a B cup. In comparison everyone in AO runs around with CC/D cups. Sorry, thats not normal unless your fat, which most characters in game are not.

I'm NOT saying its AOC ... but there's no need to stick my Ds in anyone's face in game and my opinion stands. I'm glad they have added more covering features.

But if you like your boobies, there's nothing wrong with that... and as I said, more than enough cleavage/boobie popping outfits to satisfy you.
    Last edited by Cariadast; Jul 21st, 2012 at 23:18:42.

New suit is fugly, and tarit agrees with me!
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Well, most of us women agree... we joke frequently about it. And quite frankly looking down at my keeper, she's got a pair of Ds on her, for her proportions, anyway. An A cup size wouldnt even be noticeable... B just starts to show...Think Sandra Bullock, who actually is a B cup. In comparison everyone in AO runs around with CC/D cups. Sorry, thats not normal unless your fat, which most characters in game are not.

I'm NOT saying its AOC ... but there's no need to stick my Ds in anyone's face in game and my opinion stands. I'm glad they have added more covering features.

But if you like your boobies, there's nothing wrong with that... and as I said, more than enough cleavage/boobie popping outfits to satisfy you.
    :x If AO chars runs around in CC/D cup sizes, I dont ever wanna know which one is mine (yeah, mah country doesnt use these nomeclature )
    EDIT: And nope, I'm no fat ;x
    Lainbr - 220/30/70 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - E / Spirals - 220/30/70 Enforcer Solitus - E / Kokusho - 201/22/55 Fixer Nanomage - Equip Soon ;o
    Traderbr - 180/0/0 Trader Nanomage - / Kaoru - 60/0/0 Meta-Physicist Nanomage - totw semitwink
    Proud veteran of Spartans

To devs: You failed redesigning MPs as NTs with pets. I want my debuffer back.
    Dreamer: Basically - I wish THIS much effort was put in to ALL profs rebalance docs.

Kintaii: Genele is more hardcore than you, your guildmates, and anyone else you've ever played with
    Anarrina: Trust me, I'm not that scary in real life.

Just as a random point of order: saying things like "most of us women agree" lacks a bit of prudence, as I'm pretty sure plenty don't agree with you. In fact, I find AO to be one of the few games I've played with even marginally realistic breast sizes.

[For the record, I had a C cup size when I was 18 and weighed 105 pounds. ]

The skanky clothes, on the other hand, is an entirely different issue....
    Last edited by Anarrina; Jul 22nd, 2012 at 17:30:02.
    Coordinator Anarrina
    Public Forums Moderation Team Lead
    Community Relations Department

Advisors of Rubi-Ka

Forum Social Guidelines // Social Events with ARK // Rubi-Ka Marriage Registry // ARK Tours // Join ARK!

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. -- GRRM

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast