Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pvp

Pvp

Is PVP'ing as an endgame Doctor depressing anyone else, or am I just poor? It's definitely not my first time on the block, nor am I the best Doctor you'll ever meet, but I genuinely struggle to think of a profession that actually does anything other than laugh in my face these days? Particularly Shades, who I used to happily squish, before they got nanodrains to go with stuns and massive DD. Really? I just sit down...

Someone cheer me up and tell me it's just me being useless. Please?
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Agent "Lilmiz007" Isbeak | Finalizer | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution
    Style "Heldale" Attack | General | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

Have trolling pistol and malpractice? I think shades will always be your nemesis though

No then yes. Probably will now, yeah
    Hellcom "Stillian" Receptionist | Eternalist | Squad Commander of Primal Evolution

|| Primal Evolution ||

i stopped playing my doc the day i put in alphas.

It's the only prof I can think of that has less Alpha power or burst damage than an engineer.

So yeah, that must really suck.
    This was what I was wearing. Tell me I asked for it

Quote Originally Posted by Marinegent View Post
    Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowgod View Post
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    Quote Originally Posted by Obtena View Post
    To be fair, you are lucky the mods are as forgiving as they are.
    your an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    It's the only prof I can think of that has less Alpha power or burst damage than an engineer.

So yeah, that must really suck.
    Ya, god damn MPs and their alpha and burst power!

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Ya, god damn MPs and their alpha and burst power!

Yeah it's a 600 max damage AS wep.

Soldier reflects just flat out need to be much stronger all the time (70%~ at level 220 at all times...)
    the day our pets last forever, like yours, is the day your reqs will be lowered.
    your an idiot

I'm not sure if you're aware, but 1 attack every 11 seconds is, in fact, neither an alpha nor a burst!

Burst damage, is a high spike in damage on demand.

Anyways...back to the topic at hand: Having no alpha or burst power means you can't be very effective in solo city pvp because it all happens in Bor within 10m of the backyard door.

So stick to BS when it runs. Your problem is that pvp at tl7 is currently infested with enforcers with 30k alphas and about 4 stuns.

My advice if you like healing classes and pvp is to roll a trox adv or fixer.

your an idiot

I find the stun-using shades easier to outlast than the nano-draining ones. Some of them have figured out I can survive their alphas but not kill them before getting nano-drained into difficulty, since I lack trolling pistols or PM perks.

That being said, since getting Malp PvP on a doc has become less frustrating to me. I lacked in damage before and felt forced to play defensively because of that. I'm still mostly playing defensively during mass PvP, but at least now I can give as well as take during the times when I'm not being called and/or not having to heal my side.

Also in regards to the whole lacking alphas discussion above, I'd say keepers have it worse than MPs. And that's coming from someone who still thinks of their MP as their main.
    :E

fixers have the nerfest alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Ahndra-Corvid View Post
    Also in regards to the whole lacking alphas discussion above, I'd say keepers have it worse than MPs. And that's coming from someone who still thinks of their MP as their main.
    Slice n dice

Quote Originally Posted by MassDebater View Post
    ?..Your problem is that pvp at tl7 is currently infested with enforcers with 30k alphas and about 4 stuns..
    sigh.....This ^^
    OP stuns

Quote Originally Posted by Esssch View Post
    Slice n dice
    That's so 2006 :P
    General of Horizon. Member of Unity. Frequent visitor of Free Spirits and The Last Element.

Nave [ 220 Solitus Fixer ] Qien [ 220 Solitus Engineer ] Navezero [ 200 Solitus Soldier ]
    Rafeg
    [ 150 Opifex Agent ] Midriff [ 60 Atrox Soldier ] Lowriff [ 30 Atrox Keeper ]

Also: Giant horde of alts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rurounin View Post
    That's so 2006 :P
    It's more of an alpha than MPs have

Cheer up man, you're just doing it wrong. There is a lot more damage around though, so don't expect to tank more then 3 ppl at once. Full def is really nice, and you will want either an attack rating setup or a HP/nanoskill/aimed shot setup. Upside to more dmg, is that many don't know how to time an alpha when going 1 on 1.

Oh and shades have had nanodrains forever
    Last edited by Nomad; Jun 10th, 2012 at 22:32:57.

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    Is PVP'ing as an endgame Doctor depressing anyone else, or am I just poor? It's definitely not my first time on the block, nor am I the best Doctor you'll ever meet, but I genuinely struggle to think of a profession that actually does anything other than laugh in my face these days? Particularly Shades, who I used to happily squish, before they got nanodrains to go with stuns and massive DD. Really? I just sit down...

Someone cheer me up and tell me it's just me being useless. Please?
    its just you being useless.
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    its just you being useless.
    This, as we know, is not new How're you?

|| Primal Evolution ||

Retired Doc Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by Stillian View Post
    This, as we know, is not new How're you?
    great. playing rift these days. how are you / doctors / ao?
    Invincible1 - 220/22 - Opi doc...................OneBullet - 76/5 Opi agent
    Mmba- 175/12 - Soli fix.............................Pownstar - 120/9 NM NT
    ....................Omni-RK1..........General of Hands of Fate....................

Doctor Wishlist/Doctor Buglist

Quote Originally Posted by Mmba View Post
    great. playing rift these days. how are you / doctors / ao?
    Good / No idea, don't pay attention / No change

|| Primal Evolution ||

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast