Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Monthly Development Update – 31st of January, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    The way it was explained on MP forums is like this by Sannz...
    Nano: Anger Manifestation
    if 19 mc & ts --> ql1 pet
    if 25 mc & ts --> ql3 pet
    if 30 mc & ts --> ql4 pet
    if 64 mc & ts --> ql10 pet
    At this point it does not matter if you have 2000 mc and ts, if you want a pet >ql than 10, you need to cast a bigger nano to spawn the bigger pet.

So, next come the Fury Externathingens
    if 74 mc & ts --> ql14 pet
    if 94 mc & ts --> ql17 pet

reqs and stats for rk pets can be compared to the live data.

Basically, all it changes is that there are now 7 rk attack pet nanos, instead of 46.
    If you have 94 MC/TS and it casts a ql 17 pet, is the OE calculation still based off of 94? If nothing's changed regarding OE (meaning for the 94 MC/TS pet you need to maintain 76 skill to control it)... is there a way to force cast a lower ql pet if you've used a higher buff that takes you to 94 skill though you won't be able to maintain the 76 to control it after your big single mc/ts buff has worn off?

Hope that made sense..
    You can find me at:
    Battlenet @ Marilata#1680
    Steam @ http://steamcommunity.com/id/marilata

If your buffed up fury external pet died and u had to recast with lower skills u would cast the anger manifestation nano instead.
    ~Anyone can level, but only the wise gain experience~

*Bronto Burger, serving 10,000 high level noobs daily*

http://wolf-brigade.webs.com/

My Story

Don't feed the Mensa Tralalalala

Everyday I'm Shuffling.

Quote Originally Posted by Psikie View Post
    If your buffed up fury external pet died and u had to recast with lower skills u would cast the anger manifestation nano instead.
    That's not what I'm asking. I'm not sure how else to word it

Have you ever twinked a pet class and had enough skill, buffed, to cast QL X pet but instead chose to cast QL X-2 because when you swap from single mc/ts buffs to 4hr composite you wouldn't have enough skill to keep the QL X pet out of OE? This is the scenario I'm referring to and wondering how someone makes an active choice to cast the QL X-2 pet in this scenario.
    You can find me at:

Quote Originally Posted by Traderjill View Post
    That's not what I'm asking. I'm not sure how else to word it

Have you ever twinked a pet class and had enough skill, buffed, to cast QL X pet but instead chose to cast QL X-2 because when you swap from single mc/ts buffs to 4hr composite you wouldn't have enough skill to keep the QL X pet out of OE? This is the scenario I'm referring to and wondering how someone makes an active choice to cast the QL X-2 pet in this scenario.
    OE rules apply to the pet, yes. They apply to the pets' stats as it was casted.
    100mc&ts pet will need 76+mc&ts to keep out of OE.

Nothing changed here. OE rules are still defined by the skill required to create the pet. There are no "free scaling pets". They are still defined by their old requirements.
    The only new thing is that Angers, Furys, Frenzy, Wraths,...., Demons were condensed into one nano each instead of the 4-7 each "sub type" had so far.

If you cast a Wrath pet and you have 357 mc & ts then you get the ql76 Wrath pet, and OE applys based on 357 mc & ts.
    If you have >9000 mc & ts and cast a Wrath pet nano, you will get a ql106 Wrath pet with OE rules based on 494 mc & ts. Because that's the highest pet included in the Wrath pet nano line.
    keep smiling
    Najade s, Najengi s, Najngi s, Najmp s, Shadysannz, Toccata, Frobos, Chaodoc, Najcrat, Najtank
    sannz - ENL - NR01-GOLF-11
    a time of changing has begun; the leaves are fallen and undone; inside my spirit starts to run; and all my fears are overcome. - Chiasm, Rewind, 2005

Jills question remains, "How do I cast a lower pet manually & not just the pet that my skills determine"

THAT is going to be an issue & currently I see no way to arrange that in any easy fashion.
    One profession to RoO them all, one profession to proc stun them, one profession to calm them all and in the darkness Exp perk them!

Crataiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution - 3rd AI 30 'Crat on RK 1 Setup
    Calms 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution
    Medicaiken 220/30/70 General - Primal Evolution Setup
    Newen 220/30/70 President - The Galactic Milieu
    Mettagirl 220/20/** General - Primal Evolution
    Krataiken 150/18/40 General - Primal Evolution Setup

I already suggested a solution for that:

Whenever you cast pet or pet shell there shoud be a window with slider poping up and you should be able to select how many nanoskills should be used for casting or what QL of pet do you want.

Something similar to tradeskill window where you can select the QL of tradeskilled item.
    Awikun 220/70/30 Ranged adv - my Main that I hardly ever log
    Awisha 220/70/30 Shade - Can solo 95% of all bosses
    Cratawi 200/70/30 Crat - S7/DR Solo farmer
    Awiken 220/70/30 Eng - Pvm Eng
    Nukiwa 200/70/30 NT - almost forgotten (awaiting retwink)
    Awidoc 200/70/30 Doc - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awix 200/70/30 Fix - 200 fun pvp twink
    Awienf 220/70/30 Enf - tanked every single boss (and still lives)
    Soldawi 220/70/30 Sol - Pvm Sold
    Awima 150/xx/xx Ma - best S10 MA farmer
    Doctorawi 220/70/30 - Pvm Doc
    Awienfo 200/70/30 - Atrox with Pande red belt and 2xQL300 hammers
    Macierewicz 220/70/30 - Pvm Crat
    Zlakobieta 220/70/30 - max complit +top tradeskiller

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post

Whenever you cast pet or pet shell there shoud be a window with slider poping up and you should be able to select how many nanoskills should be used for casting or what QL of pet do you want.

Something similar to tradeskill window where you can select the QL of tradeskilled item.
    oh god no, there should never be popup windows for stuff you often do in fight.
    220 Agent + :: 220 Doctor + :: 220 Soldier + :: 220 Enforcer + :: 220 Bureaucrat + :: 217 Adventurer + :: 217 Trader + :: 159 Engineer :: 112 Fixer

Inferno Travelguides

Quote Originally Posted by Keex View Post
    oh god no, there should never be popup windows for stuff you often do in fight.
    Very very true...

It really comes down to an other level of twinking, not overdoing it.
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

On the subject of Advy morphs... I'm never gonna play an advy if I have to be morphed.

What will happen to items that currently buff map navi and swimming?
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by Ollydar View Post
    On the subject of Advy morphs... I'm never gonna play an advy if I have to be morphed.
    This is the solution to all morph problems and that. I have one in final fantasy 14.

http://postimg.org/image/k09sskqqj/

That's about the same statement that if you roll a Doc and don't like to be expected to cast a heal because do don't like healing.

FC is numbing down the advy proff back to something which is already similar and to be found in another profession (and that profession is doing a way better job at it) while loosing all it's unique characteristic's for an Adventurer (or making then obselete). Morph's should be an entwined (and game breaking) part of the adventurers toolset and a reason to or not to pick the profession. How the morphs will be 'displayed" might be something to your liking or not adn perhaps FC could alter this in the future, however the proposed Morph's as they stand now and the tools Advy's get unmorph's make the morph's just a nice Halloween buff.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwelgje View Post
    That's about the same statement that if you roll a Doc and don't like to be expected to cast a heal because do don't like healing.

FC is numbing down the advy proff back to something which is already similar and to be found in another profession (and that profession is doing a way better job at it) while loosing all it's unique characteristic's for an Adventurer (or making then obselete). Morph's should be an entwined (and game breaking) part of the adventurers toolset and a reason to or not to pick the profession. How the morphs will be 'displayed" might be something to your liking or not adn perhaps FC could alter this in the future, however the proposed Morph's as they stand now and the tools Advy's get unmorph's make the morph's just a nice Halloween buff.
    The original devs are long gone we can't ask them what they were thinking and times have changed. It leaves us with this problem and I think it will depend on how FC can change how the morphs look in the future. If you want to stare at a wolf's anus while playing then do so. I won't and never will and that is the problem with morphs everyone likes the stat buffs but not the wolf ass.

If possible make morphs actually something someone would like to morphed as I suggest cat person,dog person etc as its common and most popular in culture atm. The current morphs belong in twilight... If fc can do that I'm sure people will want to be morphed and would be okay with the "need to be morphed to use" mentally of advy. Otherwise if thats not possible drop all the mandatory need to be morphed crap make them Halloween buffs as you say cause that is what they are a horror to behold as is.

I tend to think the original devs were having a contest when they designed them to see how to make the silliest and most ugly thing to put in a mmo.

Quote Originally Posted by Aiken View Post
    Jills question remains, "How do I cast a lower pet manually & not just the pet that my skills determine"

THAT is going to be an issue & currently I see no way to arrange that in any easy fashion.
    Yep, exactly what I've been asking for my last 2 posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Awikun View Post

Yes, I read your solution and found it to be interesting but since this is already on test (right?) I'm wondering what solution the devs implemented.

Not every profession is for every person. (broken record comment incoming) I love the fact that every AO profession has unique characteristics that set it apart from other class options in game. For adventurers, this happens to be the morphs. While I personally agree with you in that I hate being morphed, I do not wish for Funcom to get rid of this unique profession characteristic. There are 13 other professions you can play if you're bothered by the shapeshifting.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Feb 4th, 2014 at 16:58:37.
    You can find me at:

Consider this for a moment the way the camera works in ao at one point or another you will get a rear end view of a wolf that fills your screen. Especially in pand where you have large walls and a full raid interface where a lot of backwards walking and bad angles happen. Its a win for everyone that whatever fc does decide to do with morphs they need to be more aesthetically pleasing.

So in mind we all have to look at the morphs advy or not.

Now if the new engine has the option to disable visual morphs on others then this is just a waste to talk about.

I dont play an MP and after reading the description of how pets will work it seems that Jill's question was answered and you are failing to understand the answer. Maybe I can break it down.

You have 94 MC and TS buffed and can cast the QL 17 pet. Your buff runs out while having the pet out and your nano skills drop to 74. Your pet is now OE, your pet is still alive, but he is now OE. Your pet dies, you have not rebuffed you now can only cast the QL14 pet. You cast the QL14 pet, you have a QL 14 pet. You rebuff and have 94 MC and TS. Your pet is still QL 14. Your pet dies, you recast pet. Pet is now QL 17 because your nano skills reflect the appropriate QL. Pet nanos are now consolidated and have different tiers so instead of having over 9000 pet nanos you have less than 9000. Each tier gives access to various QL of pets based on your nano skills when you cast the pet.

As for the quoted question, "How do I cast a lower pet manually & not just the pet that my skills determine". You use the lower tier pet nanos, but you cast the maximum QL pet of that tier. If you have over 9000 nano skills and want to cast a level 1 pet, it aint happening, you are going to get the max level pet for that tier which may be be level 20 or something.

After thinking about this for a moment 2 solutions for the pet scaling and OE "problem" are coming to my mind:
    1. New setting:
      • a window listing all scaling nano programs with a QL slider / select or
      • an on icon slider working like spliting stackable items the selected QL being permanently displayed like the item stack size

Settings apply on change for all further cast of the nano. You could set this pre fight and then just cast, still maintaining the ability to readjust if needed.
      For both versions a tooltip / info box showing the current QLs requirements would be useful. Also opening the info window on a nano should show the requirements for the current setting.
    2. Leave the existing nanos and add auto-scaling nanos along them. So one could use whatever suits.
    Last edited by Misat0; Feb 4th, 2014 at 18:22:07.
    ~ HS ~
    [ Seppuku ]
    Member of the Tremor family: Misat0 :: AsukaLangley :: AyanamiRei :: Dextral :: Sinistral :: Pellaquare :: Salesman1337 :: Daemoness
    Retired: Misato Katsuragi-Messamore

[ The Foolish Testers ]
    R.I.P.: Misat0 Katsuragi :: Darkrei

Quote Originally Posted by MachSchau View Post
    I dont play an MP
    Pet twinking applies to all of the pet professions.. so one doesn't really have to play a MP to have experienced the type of pet twinking I've been referring to and asking about in my posts. I've had to do this on my MP, Crat and Engie and its the same kind of twinking people do for weapons really.. just no nanoprograms involved.

and after reading the description of how pets will work it seems that Jill's question was answered and you are failing to understand the answer. Maybe I can break it down.

You have 94 MC and TS buffed and can cast the QL 17 pet.
    Ok, and to keep this pet out of OE (meaning to maintain control of the pet) I have to maintain 76 MC/TS.

Your buff runs out while having the pet out and your nano skills drop to 74.
    Ok, this is not what I'm talking about. I'm not talking about a buff running out. I'm talking about standard pet twinking in AO. When pet professions twink pets, they use (for example) single mochams, infuses, etc to cast the pet then delete those and grab the lower 4-hr buff to maintain control of it. There are many times that I can think of where I've had enough skill to cast a pet with MC/TS mochams but when I cancel the MC/TS mochams and grab infuses (and maybe get rid of a research attunement device or other buffing item) I wouldn't have the skill to keep it out of OE. In those instances, it makes sense to cast a slightly lower QL pet so you can maintain the MC/TS needed to keep it out of OE. In other words, just because you can cast a pet doesn't mean you can keep it out of OE. For pet professions, an OE pet means you can't control it and it essentially becomes a social/non-combat pet.

As for the quoted question, "How do I cast a lower pet manually & not just the pet that my skills determine". You use the lower tier pet nanos, but you cast the maximum QL pet of that tier. If you have over 9000 nano skills and want to cast a level 1 pet, it aint happening, you are going to get the max level pet for that tier which may be be level 20 or something.
    So in other words it'll be a pain to twink pets as we do now as a sacrifice to having less nano programs? Everything I'm hearing is telling me that in order to accomplish the task that we accomplish now, we're going to have to micro-manage exactly how much nanoskill we have. We used to 'grab a quick MC/TS mochams, cast the pet ql of our choosing then swap buffs'. Instead, it sounds like, if mochams gives us more MC/TS skill then needed for the pet that we can keep out of OE, we are really going to have to micromanage reducing our MC/TS skill to just under the pet that we cannnot keep out of OE. It is either going to be more work for people that currently enjoy pet twinking or I'm still not grasping the new concept.
    Last edited by Traderjill; Feb 4th, 2014 at 20:58:41.
    You can find me at:

just to remember devs they already nerfed inits debuff in patch 18.4.8
    http://forums.anarchy-online.com/sho...d.php?t=594012
    so the basic structure of the game goes:
    tank-dps-heal-c/c
    where
    even-even-even-nerf + boost keeper
    is the solution to the game rebalance?
    cause this leave us really few information on what they are planning after this post...(MORE PLZZ???)
    not sure why game rebalance would be just another nerf instead of what been planned
    cool ,will just reroll another toon like stupid while newbies come along and having fun with them in subway with my new keeper I love so much now ))
    In the subway goes the keepers

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast