Thread: Chaos Zones

Chaos Zones

FC you are wasting tons of your content, meaning that there are large parts of Rubi-ka go pretty much unused and unexplored, what I'm talking about is the chaos zones, why is there not more of an effort to make these areas more attractive to players.

These zones need to be developed ASAP, there are a great many high level players that are looking for something to do besides missions in BS, they want to hunt, they want to PVP and want reason to stay in AO, many people love the game but just feel that you left the high level game a little lacking. Additions like smuglers den and avalon castle are good snaks but really we need more.

My suggestions are as follows.

1- Add a central location in all chaos zone, towns and what not(these areas seem almost perfect locations for criminal communities) towns that will have scanners, shops, and banks, you can make a set up similar to home where you can get misisons to the towns as well, make these areas 75% gas with areas that are chaos. This would make it possible to go there without fear of constant attack, or make it 75% with a large arena area, bigger that the ones we have now.

2- make some grid access points to this area make it that you need very high level comp lit to get there(600-700) this would eliminate the problem you have in home of lOObie teams running around all over town.

3- Put something attractive in the area so that teams want to go there, from my exploring I have seen tons of red monsters from the air, beef up some of the mobs in the area so that high level teams will benifit from the risk of going there.

4- Outposts, when the possibility comes along this summer with the ability to capture territory this should be the prime areas of conflict as no one really has a strong claim to the area, having out posts with gaurds that change sides will really make for great fun. It would be great to be Warlord over your own little stretch of rubi-ka.

5- Fixer and trader shops, this would be a great area to expand the idea of fixer only shops, giving fixers the possibility to purchase high level gear(beyond level 125) would make it well worth the risk, I could see teams of people escourting there fixers to this area just so they can get in.

I'm sure there are tons more things that can be very easily applied to these areas, it would be great use of the area. any suggestions would be great, lets try to keep this a suggestion thread and not a flamme thread.

Bump if you agree
    Truejustice
    Level 124NT
    General-Black Dawn Syndicate

“True Justice lies in the hands and harts of those who rule us, a man would be foolish to believe that Omni-Tek is guided by Law or morality”

Black Dawn Syndicate is recruiting, if you want to be in a fun clan with out any bull! give me a tell.

Re: Chaos Zones

Originally posted by Truejustice
    FC you are wasting tons of your content, meaning that there are large parts of Rubi-ka go pretty much unused and unexplored, what I'm talking about is the chaos zones, why is there not more of an effort to make these areas more attractive to players.

These zones need to be developed ASAP, there are a great many high level players that are looking for something to do besides missions in BS, they want to hunt, they want to PVP and want reason to stay in AO, many people love the game but just feel that you left the high level game a little lacking. Additions like smuglers den and avalon castle are good snaks but really we need more.

My suggestions are as follows.

1- Add a central location in all chaos zone, towns and what not(these areas seem almost perfect locations for criminal communities) towns that will have scanners, shops, and banks, you can make a set up similar to home where you can get misisons to the towns as well, make these areas 75% gas with areas that are chaos. This would make it possible to go there without fear of constant attack, or make it 75% with a large arena area, bigger that the ones we have now.

2- make some grid access points to this area make it that you need very high level comp lit to get there(600-700) this would eliminate the problem you have in home of lOObie teams running around all over town.

3- Put something attractive in the area so that teams want to go there, from my exploring I have seen tons of red monsters from the air, beef up some of the mobs in the area so that high level teams will benifit from the risk of going there.

4- Outposts, when the possibility comes along this summer with the ability to capture territory this should be the prime areas of conflict as no one really has a strong claim to the area, having out posts with gaurds that change sides will really make for great fun. It would be great to be Warlord over your own little stretch of rubi-ka.

5- Fixer and trader shops, this would be a great area to expand the idea of fixer only shops, giving fixers the possibility to purchase high level gear(beyond level 125) would make it well worth the risk, I could see teams of people escourting there fixers to this area just so they can get in.

I'm sure there are tons more things that can be very easily applied to these areas, it would be great use of the area. any suggestions would be great, lets try to keep this a suggestion thread and not a flamme thread.

Bump if you agree

bump
    Nitsobar - lvl 219/13 Doc - Equipment - Perks - History
    MrBruce - lvl 204/6 MA - Equipment - Perks - History
    MsHackalot - lvl 123/9 Twink Fixer - Equipment - Perks - History

Veterans of Synergy Factor

Click to email me

Thumbs up SMART!!!!

You are a smart player!!! :-)

i like the ideas! And what about adding some villages, sorrounded by monsters, but not to close to the villages.
    And making the villages guild homes. So the guild can "rent" protection from, say, Omni-Pol. ANd only guild members would not get aggroed!
    Or if the guild could "controll" them, so some guilds would accept visitors, and some not.

So the Chaos areas could be put to great use!
    Im currently only lvl 66, so its no hurry for me.
    But i think AO is a great game, and i would hate to see high lvl players quitting(hopefully some just create new char) becouse it gets boooooring!

Throw Nugget in there, watch everyone kill everyone for their
    beloved shades.

Omni turning on Omni for a pair of glasses, Clans killing clans
    for... A pair of glasses.

If Clon**** was like this, I betcha, it would be brutal.

"Today in news, Guild Storm has now captured the entire Rubi-Ka. OT guilds DWF and Dark Carnival have been squashed repeatedly and are now forming alliances with neutral and clan guilds in order to stop this wave of terror"

Bow to the future.

AND

Throw Nugget in there, watch everyone kill everyone for their
    beloved shades.

Omni turning on Omni for a pair of glasses, Clans killing clans
    for... A pair of glasses.
    If there was a god up there, this would be made so.

Imagine

0% gas

Shades of Luc.

At all times there will be fifty pairs of free floating shades on the ground in corpses. Only prob is peeps keep getting Aced by another. The only break in fighting is when nugget spawns again.

Hell, i'd pay 1 mill to just watch from my yalm!
    I was one of the people who believe that FC had a "secret" 12.0 patch just before launch....he he.

You start to think that the Shrooms are wearing off and then you look at the ceiling and realize you got a few hours.

We can dream on 0% Clon**** can't we? : )

Very important point is to get more XPs while hunting in the wilderness. At level 100+ there are very very very few spawns that are as good as teaming in a mission.
    "Donner à des millions une connaissance de l'anglais, c'est les rendre esclaves". (Hind Swarâj, ch. 18)

Saves out there are a good idea, and I am all for it.... but if they are in a little chunk of 75% then they need to be far, far away from potential hunting spawns.
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

I see that you have not even properly explored these areas, infact I go there all the time not telling you where though, better than doing BS/PM missions slightly slower by 15-30mins per level than missions, but heh tis fun everytime, cause it changes.

/me gets into yalm and has fun (it's true!) in those 4 areas.