Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Keeper shield reward from scheol quest

It is cool looking.. just give it a special tag that allows it or requires it to be used with 2hE and without a multimelee requirement and its just fine.. the problem is that it cannot be used. I don't care what slot its in as long as it can be equipped.

But thanks for the response..

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion View Post
    We'd love to be able to add visual meshes to wrist slots, but thats not something our code supports as it is right now...maybe in the future its an outside possibility, but I certainly cant give any promises there.
    So you can't add wrist item that changes left arm or left hand slot mesh? Sounds weird, cause there is a lot of items (mostly cloaks) that affects not only "reserved for them" meshes.

Quote Originally Posted by kuznechik View Post
    So you can't add wrist item that changes left arm or left hand slot mesh? Sounds weird, cause there is a lot of items (mostly cloaks) that affects not only "reserved for them" meshes.
    Cloaks apply a replacement full mesh over the body, and shoulders and backs add a new mesh 'over' the characters body. We don't have the ability currently to have any other slots apply a mesh in that same way. Technically it might be possible to align a back or shoulder item onto the arm I guess (without being an export in exporting new meshes into the game) but then it would still have to go in the back or shoulder slot and would defeat the purpose in the first place

This would be one of those changes that would fit in the 'would be cool' category, and the chances to do those rather then do genuine bug fixes or add new content aren't all that frequent when you have to compare the value of the change to the resource required to do it.
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

actually.. shoulder slot would work.. most keepers only use one of thier pads anyway and until we get a GOC that is a slot often unused.. wtb!!! Please!? Pretty prettty please put this item in the shoulder slot!!!!

lol, so... it' is, and will be, useless. make it 2he, give them a sword stats or something so they can fight with a shield like captan america or something. Soldier 2% reflect is bad, and... no one would really use it (nor benefit if he uses it) over level like 100, but this, on top of all can't actually be used by them. Really, i still think several of this rewards were an april's fools day joke that went live the wrong date.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    actually.. shoulder slot would work.. most keepers only use one of thier pads anyway and until we get a GOC that is a slot often unused.. wtb!!! Please!? Pretty prettty please put this item in the shoulder slot!!!!
    I doubt we will be changing this specific item. As I said above, its very much a 'nice to have' cosmetic change and those can't always get priority over content work the devs need to complete. I'll add it to that 'nice to have' list though
    Craig 'Silirrion' Morrison
    Old Timer

I think the idea behind the shield was that it does look quite cool and fits with the idea of a Keeper quite nicely, not every item in the game will be a more powerful addition and yes, in this case, the item clearly isn't as useful as the Scheol rewards are for some of the other professions. I think its fairly safe to say that can't be reasonably denied. So it was well intentioned even if the item in this case isn't the most useful ever created.
    There's a big difference between "less useful" and "useless."
    Changing it to wrist/HUD/util would make it useful and actually have it used.

I think people would sacrifice a visually appealing social armor (that's what it
    is right now), for something with no mesh that is useful.
    Xpression - 220 Trox Keeper - Thong Power
    Mpression - Levelling Trox Trader
    Regression - 200 Trox NT
    Zegression - 218 Trox Soldier
    Xegression - 215 Opi Agent

HUGE, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Xpression View Post

I think people would sacrifice a visually appealing social armor (that's what it
    Yes but seriously a shoulder slot with mesh would be best.. I am convinced.. I mean 2 shoulderpads or 1 shoulderpad + shield with +40 AAD. even at 220 I could conceive that to be even slightly useful for those not fortunate enough to have 50m plus shoulder items..

Quote Originally Posted by Xpression View Post

Agreed!

I do like the "shoulder slot" idea too though

Perhaps it could just show up if equiped as it is now (to keep RPers happy), and not show if equiped elsewhere? All would be happy and the villagers would rejoice
    Rootcommand Level 219/28 Omni Solitus Fixer
    Diosdemuerte Level 213/18 Omni Solitus Soldier
    Dicenslice Level 220/21 Omni Atrox Keeper

~ Proud Member of Newcomers Alliance ~

Quote Originally Posted by IT_Ninja View Post
    Agreed!

I do like the "shoulder slot" idea too though

Perhaps it could just show up if equiped as it is now (to keep RPers happy), and not show if equiped elsewhere? All would be happy and the villagers would rejoice
    No wai.. I want it visible in the shoulder slot o_O wtf??? Thats the "WHOLE" point of putting it in the shoulder vs the hud.. make it not visible if in the HUD slot make it visible if in the shoulder. Now THAT would be a good idea I would support.

You were already told by Sil the likelihood of the shoulder slot option
    having a visual effect is nil. Why are you still pushing it?

I'd rather it just get changed to being useful than be so concerned about visuals.
    Regression - 200 Trox NT

HUGE, Inc.

Cloaks apply a replacement full mesh over the body, and shoulders and backs add a new mesh 'over' the characters body. We don't have the ability currently to have any other slots apply a mesh in that same way. Technically it might be possible to align a back or shoulder item onto the arm I guess (without being an export in exporting new meshes into the game)
    Uhm.. did you not read what he posted?

Read his last reply...
    Regression - 200 Trox NT

HUGE, Inc.

yes he said he would add it to the "nice to have list" ie.. possible and why I am still fully in support of it silly bean!

Honestly, although the shield does look very nice, I would be fine with it going into a hud or wrist slot and having no mesh, if for no other reason than it would make the item actually USEFUL.
    Lusthorne - 220 Keeper | Isellthings - 220 Trader - PvP-Config
    Soupknotsie - 220 Doctor | Blabberus - 220 Crat
    and many more

Boost outdoor sk in Pen/Inf or adjust missions for mixed factions
    A different approach to GTH
    Quote Originally Posted by Sterva View Post
    If you felt that I was implying that you are an idiot, it's probably because you are in fact, an idiot.

Sill.. just ask some dev that looks boored to see if he cant add right/left shulder to the item and make the sheild mech apear in the same way as it dose right now.. no biggie if you find one thats boored... realy...

(Oh and i think i have figured out what you guys are up to.. simply cuse i would have the done the same thing... i think you know what im talking about even if you wouldent admit it.. and no its pointless to ask what im talking about.. i would simply ignor such a question and not answer =P, but yeah.. im on to you.. and all i can say is: Rock on ^.^ all tho try to pay abit more attention to the live servers pleas =p )
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Silirrion
    This would be one of those changes that would fit in the 'would be cool' category, and the chances to do those rather then do genuine bug fixes or add new content aren't all that frequent when you have to compare the value of the change to the resource required to do it.
    This shield did fall into the category of "new content" while you were still working on the Scheol patch. Given its current uselessnes, I don't have my hopes very high on future "new content" either. Would it not be feasible to "fix" old content instead of letting it be trampled with new? Atleast make the shield a wrist/shoulder/hud/util item and take away the damage. If the mesh is so difficult to code, then leave it for the time being and perhaps work on it later, but please do something about it.

Keepers should definitely not waste any time with this quest with the current reward. It's really not worth the 8 hours of sweat and tears.
    ...and that's the way the cookie crumbles...

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    Sill.. just ask some dev that looks boored to see if he cant add right/left shulder to the item and make the sheild mech apear in the same way as it dose right now.. no biggie if you find one thats boored... realy...
    I don't think he can just roll his chair over to some dev's desk and see if he's bored If he could, I would ask him to roll his chair over and slap one in the face many years ago.
    We wouldn't make the nano in the first place if we didn't feel that it would be useful and at the very least a decent addition to any given professions nano listing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Abalz
    LOL

Thanks for the replies Sil.

I doubt that adding support for wrist items having meshes would be a very easy change, and possibly add bugs with other items, and the same issue would maybe arise with having it as a shoulder slot (I assume that the animation system for the different slots are fixed, so if you add the shield to the shoulder slot, it would just sit on the shoulder, like the current shoulderpads, and share the same animation).

Quote Originally Posted by Abalz View Post
    I don't think he can just roll his chair over to some dev's desk and see if he's bored If he could, I would ask him to roll his chair over and slap one in the face many years ago.
    I would guess he can ^.^ Al tho i ofcorse dont know.. but i can imagin it =p
    Rktim - 220/70/30 Omni Soldier.
    Imdrunknow - 157+/XX/15+ Omni MA
    Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Messiah has spoken.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast