Thread: Mass PVP Roots?

Mass PVP Roots?

You know, I thought there was going to be once class that can counter another classes nanos, etc like.

I can remove doctor dots with Infernal Rage.
    And I can remove roots.

But...

In mass pvp, hell Even In single, by the time I have finished casting rage, there next root is on me, You should check the enforcer forum, its a waste.

You have tortureyou speaking out of his ******* saying how good rage is well, look at the statisticss on it and ROOTS, you can clearly see Funcom wasnt thinking straight.

Also, the thing is, When you have more than 1 rooter, its a JOKE..

Rage, unbreak root, rooted, rage, unrbreak, root, root root roooooooooooot!

Ontop of that add a 5/10 second lag so, CLICK...rooted, rooted, hmm "rage" doesnt break........ O_o

You know if rage did break PER dot as it used to, teams/sides would have to worry much about roots that often.

But well, Rooters insist NOBODY should beable to break roots, and debuffs are the same thing, as soon as its broken im rooted.

Did you seriously think you would be totally invulnerable to roots?

The resist boost alone makes it hard to root an enf.
    ~Lone

Noer Im tired of your stupid comments, Thats how it used to work, so BACK in your face!

Fool

According to Blackmane's comments they never worked as intended, but do now.
    ~Lone

What Cloudeh meant to say, I think, was:

"I've tested rage, and a Level 125 fixer using his n00b root could consistently root me with about 1.1k nano resist while rage is running. I think that if nano resist worked a little better, it might let me get in on the action in large PvP battles, instead of running rage over and over again, hoping that it actually breaks the root -- and letting the ranged classes do all the damage.

If an enforcer is Level 200 and has had the IP to max nano resist, in addition to using rage, perhaps they will resist roots enough that rage is worth casting. But for the normal, mid-leveled, IP-challenged enforcer, maxing Nano Resist just isn't possible. And for the nanocost and effectiveness of rage, I might as well keep using self-debuff, it costs less nano, and works more reliably."

Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

Dang your good Arinia to see that it Cloudeh's two sentance post

Anyway

Ooops I don't have anything to say after that
    Fighting for Truth, Common Sense and Leet Dolls Since 1996

Give the people what they want

If I am
    I am
    If Not

Forget It

Just imagine. An enforcer complaining about roots..........

I remember this brief fun time I had with Spydervenom where it was just me and him in 2HO. I must have rooted him at least eight times in a row before his buddies showed up. Just today, I was with a few other clanners, and Spydervenom showed up. Once he realized he was severely outnumbered, he ran for the whompa. Again, I rooted him a half dozen times in a row and, by that time, he was nicely dead, just a few steps away from the whompa.

I had a conversation with Spydervenom a while back and he told me that he tends to counter a lot of roots, but from my experience, I have never, ever had a root countered by anything (I'm thinking that maybe I've been really lucky?). The only problems are when I fumble, but that's a totally different story.

I can understand why melee classes hate roots so much. It's extremely frustrating to be rooted, especially when you know you're going to die because of it. On the other hand, for the most part, it's the squishy folks that get roots. Without roots, melee classes would have a good advantage.
    Last edited by Alynie; Jun 23rd, 2002 at 02:37:48.
    Alynie 153 Storm Trader

Hmm... ok, I'll give you root-resistance if you give me beam-resistance in return.

So now cloudeh is pissed because he can't ignore several rooters working in co-op succession?

Cloudeh, how many ppl do you have to be able to kill on your own b4 you're happy? Just so we'll know.

Nano resist seems to have gotten a change in 14.2. It works a lot better now, at least from my tests.

That still doesn't solve the problem that it's nearly impossible for an enf to have the IP for NR pre-150, but I'll settle for the small victories
    Katelin Arinia Rhees
    Level 220 Enforcer
    Former Enforcer Professional
    Former President of the late Midnight Reveries
    Account Created: 2001-10-08; Account Expired: 2005-02-19

i have to dissagree with last post, nano resist does absolutely nothing whatsoever for me. i have it maxed and implnated ql 200 x3 and never resist anything.

i don't need to resist everything thrown at me to be happy, but i sure would like to resist at least something from time to time. players 50 or more levels lower than me can root me at will so you tell me, what's the point ?

either fix that damned skill and make it do something, or eliminate it and i can put my ip's into some ranged weapon skills.

Noer is right, it can often be quite difficult to land a root on an enforcer with rage running...

I have never killed an enforcer now that I think about it.. The problem is that my roots just don't "stick" to them like they do to MA's. Even if they don't resist the roots will always break on the first hit. Against MA's it can last for a couple hits.

That runspeed bonus from rage is a real killer too. If they break your root they will be right on top of you and pounding away before the recharge on your last root is even up. Once an enforcer gets near me I am dead because it's so hard to put a gap between them to root.

While I don't have the expierence that many people here do in PvP, I can tell you how all most of my battles against enforcers in the arena go...

1. Agent Roots.
    2. Enforcer Rages.
    3. Root broken.
    4. Agent runs.
    5. Agent roots again after getting hit by dimach/brawl/normal hit.
    6. Agent runs away while Enforcer is rooted and takes a shot.
    7. Root instantly breaks.
    8. Agent turns to run but the enforcer hits him in the back of couple of times.
    9. Repeat steps 4-8 one or two more times until the agent ends up dead or zones.

Originally posted by Zeroshift
    1. Agent Roots.
    2. Enforcer Rages.
    3. Root broken.
    4. Agent runs.
    5. Agent roots again after getting hit by dimach/brawl/normal hit.
    6. Agent runs away while Enforcer is rooted and takes a shot.
    7. Root instantly breaks.
    8. Agent turns to run but the enforcer hits him in the back of couple of times.
    9. Repeat steps 4-8 one or two more times until the agent ends up dead or zones.
    If we were talking about you, step 9 would look more like this.

9. Repeat steps 4-8 one time until the agent zones.
    Pfft!
    Rubi-Ka's FiRST Neophyte Enforcer - Holder of Spoon - Stirring the pot - Pumpkin' Pie anyone?
    >Wo "Caol" Ha - 187 ENF | >Thzunami - 97 MA | >Wo "Dioxy" Ha - 30 TRA | In memory of The Council

Jayde's Item Database - All you'll ever need - http://aodb.info

"BACK AWAY" - Pogobear / Skymarshal

You would know too, wouldn't ya? Because you were one of the many enforcers that resisted my roots