Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sneak Attack

Sneak Attack

Please make Sneak Attack's recharge scale with your skill level like AS, FA and just about every other special does. I've never really understood why people can AS every 11-20 seconds but meleers have to wait 40 seconds for SA no matter what lvl they are. Melee perks already have a higher def check now in most cases than Ranged perks, and it's pretty ridiculous that their specials have about 1/4 to 1/2 the recharge time as well.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Syntactician 220/23/70 Doc
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

I second this idea. So many speak of Melee alphas. Well, SA is the only thing we have garenteed to land on say.. fixers? And in my opinion, if someone is stupid enough to stay in range of melee they deserve to die quick.

I'd say it's most frustrating knowing you have 2900-3200 evade/duck/dodge and seeing AS being the only thing landing on my shade. So why the hell not even out the play field?
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

Quote Originally Posted by Perking View Post
    I'd say it's most frustrating knowing you have 2900-3200 evade/duck/dodge and seeing AS being the only thing landing on my shade. So why the hell not even out the play field?
    YOu speak truth, evades are clearly OP. Time to even the playfield and nerf them a bit
    Zirkonium 220 Nanomage Engineer - RK2 - Omni
    Mereditche 170 Opifex Agent - RK2 - Omni
    Misfiled 49 Nanomage Enforcer - RK2 - Omni (First! Mongo Smash!)

I think it would be better to wait and see what they do with AS before we start asking for a SA revamp.

And if it still turns out to be a problem, work directly on the real problem, of ages old, evades.
    Proud member of the Wolf Brigade, a supporter of the NDI.

{Edited by Corwynn - Profanity, even badly spelt, is against the forum guidelines}
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrangeline View Post
    "Hush little baby, don't say a word"
    "Mommy's gonna get you an Ofab Bird."
    "If that Ofab Bird won't swing"
    "Mommy's gonna buy you an Ofab Ring."

Well, from a shade stand point.. it's not like you can SA/Brawl/Dimach ..... dimach maxed and a really high skill is completely useless in PVP. But you throw a crap AS skill on a MP/Doc/Keeper and they cap with great recharge? WTH?
    Aborted "Provision" Lovechild - 220/30/70 - Shade

well give it to keepers too then.

Quote Originally Posted by Perking View Post
    Well, from a shade stand point.. it's not like you can SA/Brawl/Dimach ..... dimach maxed and a really high skill is completely useless in PVP. But you throw a crap AS skill on a MP/Doc/Keeper and they cap with great recharge? WTH?
    Maxed sneak attack doesn't always cap either. In fact a lot of times it doesn't. Low dimach skill on an adv is powerful but has a 30 MINUTE recharge, which makes it a lot less practical unless you time it just right with your alpha. IMO AS (non-craphander AS rather) is already more powerful than sneak attack seeing as how it pretty much always caps. The fact that it has less than half the recharge time makes it even less balanced.

As someone posted above though I guess the relevance of this thread will have to do with whatever upcoming changes are made to AS.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Bump for this one!
    Why should ranged have all the benefits
    Supernaute 220 ma
    Tulltrond 169 Nt
    Superfett 170 Agent
    Sjarken 161 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by Pappeska View Post
    Bump for this one!
    Why should ranged have all the benefits
    Because melee can interrupt, shoot while moving and has flurry, plus bigger weapon damages

No, seriously, ranged doesn't have all the benefits. The biggest one of actual ranged benefits is the benefit of range, though. But who would've known?
    Eroz, finally 220/26/70 Adventurer & proud General of Regulators on ex-RK2 (outdated) equip
    Rokroland, 170 Engineer No more crab for j00 Northern Front on ex-RK2
    Ranged roxxorz!
    Sig last updated properly when West Athens still had people sitting about the subway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Siahanor View Post
    Complaining about the realism of height changing mechanics in a game that has people who can channel their anger to make huge killer meatballs.

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post
    Because melee can interrupt, shoot while moving and has flurry, plus bigger weapon damages

No, seriously, ranged doesn't have all the benefits. The biggest one of actual ranged benefits is the benefit of range, though. But who would've known?
    Mele dont have 11 sec capping specials.
    Supernaute 220 ma
    Tulltrond 169 Nt
    Superfett 170 Agent
    Sjarken 161 Crat

Quote Originally Posted by eroz_c View Post

I would personnaly add that ranged combat profs also benefit from the best AI armor offence and defence wise :
    300 CM gives +30 AR and +15 Def;
    300 CC +45 AR and +15 def;
    300 CS +30 Nanoskill AR and +30 def,
    300 CSS +45 AR and +30 def.

Sure, it's not always that simple with % checks, but still overall, best stats on the off/def field.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    I would personnaly add that ranged combat profs also benefit from the best AI armor offence and defence wise :
    300 CM gives +30 AR and +15 Def;
    300 CC +45 AR and +15 def;
    300 CS +30 Nanoskill AR and +30 def,
    300 CSS +45 AR and +30 def.

Sure, it's not always that simple with % checks, but still overall, best stats on the off/def field.
    Exactly. I'd much rather have melee skills with evades than melee skills with ranged skills. Then there's the fact that AS seems to cap far more often than SA and can be used almost 4 times by the time SA recharges.

Interrupts aren't terribly awesome in pvp when most half decent pvpers will be instacasting most of the nanos they use in combat anyway unless UBT'd. Having played casting profs before I can say that meleers interrupting the 1-2 second capped nanos wasn't much of a problem at all either. Sure it's a minor advantage but nothing like, 80% resist checks or 11s capping specials.
    Mcbtj 220/30/70 Adv
    Mcbtk 220/30/70 Fixer
    Clyptica 170/24/42 NT
    Fluffydeer 60/6/14 Enf
    SPIRIT

Because Strong + Observant would be ridiculously overpowered.

That's just talking from a Keeper point of view as well. I could easily, with that, make a set up that'd stop Soldiers from reliably hitting full auto on a -keeper- who are supposed to be weak against ranged, while maintaining a high attack rating.

The ranged professions that make the most use out of CSS are professions that are supposed to, hi there Fixers, hi there Crats.

I also noticed someone earlier spouting garbage that AS always caps. No it doesn't. It doesn't cap 100% of the time for Agents (though they have the highest percentage of 30% caps out of AS by a mile) it certainly doesn't cap 100% of the time for people that have shoehorned it into their toolset.

Besides, never missing specials are getting changed, remember?
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Well roll range profession then if you think its so much better...
    Xarr 220/30/70 Atrox Keeper
    Xarrdas 220/30/70 Solitus Engineer
    Wrathwithin 220/26/70 Atrox Agent
    Drimarcus 220/22/60 Opifex Shade
    Mycurse 214/18/42 Solitus Soldier
    Backend 150/20/40 Opifex MA
    Leethium 200/20/60 Opifex Bureaucrat

Quote Originally Posted by Hacre View Post
    Because Strong + Observant would be ridiculously overpowered.

That's just talking from a Keeper point of view as well. I could easily, with that, make a set up that'd stop Soldiers from reliably hitting full auto on a -keeper- who are supposed to be weak against ranged, while maintaining a high attack rating.

The ranged professions that make the most use out of CSS are professions that are supposed to, hi there Fixers, hi there Crats.

I also noticed someone earlier spouting garbage that AS always caps. No it doesn't. It doesn't cap 100% of the time for Agents (though they have the highest percentage of 30% caps out of AS by a mile) it certainly doesn't cap 100% of the time for people that have shoehorned it into their toolset.

Besides, never missing specials are getting changed, remember?
    There's no denying all this, Hacre. However, if you're right specials are changed, they aren't the only thing being changed. With what we have been told so far, we also know that CM and CC aren't gonna help anymore against NR checking perks, which is relatively a nerf of those wearing those armors, while some of the CSS using prof already got 80% def check perks... which is relatively a boost.
    I ain't commenting on what is, was or will be OP, just pointing out that Ranged do have a number of real benefits that they don't share with melee users.
    Tribute to Aratink : Racatti and Artyomis will be pale shadows of you as long as they don't have the infamous Clanslator in their sig.
    Noim, Neutral TL7 NT
    Sethis, Neutral TL7 Keeper
    Anthraxal, Omni TL5 Enfotrox

Because Strong + Observant would be ridiculously overpowered
    +45 defense and +30 offense is overpowered.

but +45 offense and +30 defense skills is not overpowered ?

fine. combined ninja's armor please. +30 melee skills, +30 evades/conceal/inits, +15 AAO.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrubberyman View Post
    There's no denying all this, Hacre. However, if you're right specials are changed, they aren't the only thing being changed. With what we have been told so far, we also know that CM and CC aren't gonna help anymore against NR checking perks, which is relatively a nerf of those wearing those armors, while some of the CSS using prof already got 80% def check perks... which is relatively a boost.
    I ain't commenting on what is, was or will be OP, just pointing out that Ranged do have a number of real benefits that they don't share with melee users.
    CoNC aside, the perks you're talking about also won't factor in add all offense.

Well I say CoNC aside, we haven't seen any documentation on the General perk tab yet, only that AMS attack skill based perks won't count aao twice (which CoNC did).

Quote Originally Posted by mr_road View Post
    +45 defense and +30 offense is overpowered.

but +45 offense and +30 defense skills is not overpowered ?

fine. combined ninja's armor please. +30 melee skills, +30 evades/conceal/inits, +15 AAO.

Gotta love it when people only look at the stats on a set of armour and completely fail to apply those stats to the bigger picture.

Keepers/Shades/MAs/Enforcers packing armour like that, on top of the defensive ratings they can already get and the extra inits serving to make all but UBT/doc procs useless when it comes to debuffing inits, with AS being changed, would not be lending itself to actually balancing things. It would be ridiculous.

Just off the top of my head, if I had armour like that for my Keeper, switch sleeves for Ofab (an extra 30 dodge over what you're asking for), dalja pants for an extra 20, dodge ranged rings, regular notucomm for +80, with all the aad and evades in my symbs I'd suddenly find my keeper wandering around with 3400 or so static dodge defense, that's before bringing blind rings and the Holy Mark aao debuffing perk and outside buffs/towers/evade procs into the picture.

That's for a profession that's supposedly weak to ranged. MAs have greater dodge def than that, as do Shades and Enforcers wouldn't be far behind.

You don't think that's overpowered? If you don't then you obviously have no interest in actually balancing anything at all.
    Last edited by Hacre; Oct 24th, 2009 at 16:07:40.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Gotta love it when people only look at the stats on a set of armour and completely fail to apply those stats to the bigger picture.

Keepers/Shades/MAs/Enforcers packing armour like that, on top of the defensive ratings they can already get and the extra inits serving to make all but UBT/doc procs useless when it comes to debuffing inits, with AS being changed, would not be lending itself to actually balancing things. It would be ridiculous.

Just off the top of my head, if I had armour like that for my Keeper, switch sleeves for Ofab (an extra 30 dodge over what you're asking for), dalja pants for an extra 20, dodge ranged rings, regular notucomm for +80, with all the aad and evades in my symbs I'd suddenly find my keeper wandering around with 3400 or so static dodge defense, that's before bringing blind rings and the Holy Mark aao debuffing perk and outside buffs/towers/evade procs into the picture.

That's for a profession that's supposedly weak to ranged. MAs have greater dodge def than that, as do Shades and Enforcers wouldn't be far behind.

You don't think that's overpowered? If you don't then you obviously have no interest in actually balancing anything at all.
    your keeper can swap all that stuff anyway. spec ofab keeper head seems nice. if the rest of the armor was CM and you replaced it with the OP stuff... you'd gain 15 def rating per piece. chest/gloves/boots is 3 pieces which is a 45 increase in def rating. mystical chest gives more dodge, which drops the increase down to 25 def rating. hardly game breaking.

you forgot to add agent, MP, NT, Trader and Ranged Advie to the list of those than benefit from observant armor.

the only type of profession that doesn't get the benefit of observant armor with their combat skill is combat melee.

enforcers and melee advies would probably get too much of a benefit from this type of armor - but thats a problem with the amount of general defense gear that has come out lately and their other defenses combining with evades.

if perks start having a chance to land, profs reliant on evades are going to see their defense go the way of the dodo, stun proc and NT glasscannonness.

ps. i only made my comment because someone said ranged had an advantage, someone said they didn't, someone raised the point that CSS is > all, you said strong + obs would be OP and i was only pointing out the irony of supporting CSS while not supporting the melee equivalent.

pps. i just want the conceal for my shade. make it ma / shade only.

you forgot to add agent, MP, NT, Trader and Ranged Advie to the list of those than benefit from observant armor.
    None of those benefit to the degree that Fixers and Crats do and NTs don't get 45 nanoskills from Scouts, to compare CS to CSS. If you look at what I wrote, I said the only ranged professions that get the -most- benefit from CSS and have it fit perfectly with their toolset, are Fixers and Crats. Bow MPs aren't all that defensive and SoZ MPs wouldn't wear CSS anyway.
    the only type of profession that doesn't get the benefit of observant armor with their combat skill is combat melee.
    With good reason, which you go on to explain here:
    enforcers and melee advies would probably get too much of a benefit from this type of armor - but thats a problem with the amount of general defense gear that has come out lately and their other defenses combining with evades.
    This is irrelevant. Those items wouldn't suddenly go away if Observant based armour with Melee skills on it appeared.
    if perks start having a chance to land, profs reliant on evades are going to see their defense go the way of the dodo, stun proc and NT glasscannonness.
    Not at all. I'd like to see how you even consider this possible. Chance to land will still benefit evaders, because their chance of not landing would be greater, or their defense would cause a great deal of mitigation to the actual damage those perks do. Plus no one from FC has said that perks will switch to a "chance to land" mechanism, only players have suggested it.
    ps. i only made my comment because someone said ranged had an advantage, someone said they didn't, someone raised the point that CSS is > all, you said strong + obs would be OP and i was only pointing out the irony of supporting CSS while not supporting the melee equivalent.
    Because the melee equivalent would be over powered.
    pps. i just want the conceal for my shade. make it ma / shade only.
    No, MAs and Shades would benefit the most from having such armour and it isn't the right way to fix either of them. MAs defense is already fine, they're lacking in other areas and Shades recently got a conceal buff.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Neither does SA
    Dagger 220/30/70 Shade // Attempted 219/24/?? Enforcer // Canidae 180/0/0 Adventurer // World 185/26/32 Meta-Physicist// Cramp 150/20/35 Engineer
    Ya wanna fix something - give RK mobs better xp, make RK matter again.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamman View Post
    Give shades love or we will stop buffing people!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast