Thread: Perk Documentation - What should be looked at

Perk Documentation - What should be looked at

Breed perk lines:
    Atrox 2nd genome:
    Wit of the Atrox: I don't see how 1200 AC and 500 HP can be useful on any toon. Neither PvP nor PvE. I'd rather see 100 NR on this. Would benefit any prof at all TL's.
    My Way: It's self, only heals hp but it still heals for half the amount of survival? My suggestion would be 5k AoE taunt on 10m and a 350 hot every 2s for 20s. Would be useful to tank wannabees and a downside to others.
    My Own Fortress: change AC into layers. I'd see like 30k layers for 5s.

Nanobreed Primary Genome:
    Notum Domination: change the init debuff into an AAO, there are too many init debuffs in this game already.
    Synthesize: Remove the nano cost modifier (or make it increase the cost?), increase duration to 20s and nerf nanodamage mod to 25%

Solitus Alpha genome:
    Sphere: add +25% nanodamage mod to it.

Alien Perk Lines:
    The Call: Why did you add 100 conceal? Adventurer spy skill is perception.

Embrace:
    Mistreatment: with such a low NR def check, docs will land this perk on anyone but enfos with rage running and it will be a capped hit on most. Force docs to work a bit more on their nanoskills.
    Close Call and Nano Transmission seems pretty useless on a doc to me.

Mutate: Why did you add 52 fast attack? This will only mean +26 AR on fast attack special. Should be AAO imho.

Group Perk Lines:
    Notum Source:
    Notum Overflow: Change Nano Vulnerability into team nanodamage mod maybe? Reduce timers.

Profession Perk Lines
    Ferocity of Nature: 'User must be morphed' req doesn't make sense. There's no reason for an adv to not be morphed. Actually there are little reasons for advs to go with anything else than wolf morph. Add different effects depending of morph.

Aura of Revival: Make Revive a team perk. But even with this I doubt keepers will perk this line. Would be better to make this line 4 perks long like NT line.

Blessing:
    Curing Touch: didn't you forget that this perk action scales with level? It heals for 7kish atm with 10 perks in Blessing on a 220 keeper. 220 keepers have roughly 1700 body dev which means that it will heal for 3500 now. Values have to be doubled. If this scales with body dev, make the line gives body dev instead of max HP.
    Holy Mark: Mark of Sufferance remained the same while it's the worse perk action in this line. Make it a small heal instead of the hot and reduce the recharge to 30s so the blind/dot remover is useful.

Street Samurai:
    Honoring the Ancients: by the time you can get this perk action you can already cast the 1000% fear resist aura. Remove the fear resist from this and add some root resist (50% or smth). Making it team would be even better.

Notum Siphon: Rescale that line so you can perk it from level 10. At that level, NTs have nothing to perk and nano is an issue for them.
    blah

Other than you missing asking why Mark of the Unclean was removed (no I don't consider Pious as a good replacement, Pious at the very least should be an additional perk to the line), I wholeheartedly agree with pretty much everything.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    Quote Originally Posted by randomalpha View Post
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Good post. Except one thing. I am wondering about the resurgence of AC's in lots of the changes. It leaves me wondering if they are going to be fixing AC's in line with all the rest of these changes/fixes. If so you may want to rethink your first few requests regarding them.

Just to clarify: You feel the Solitus primary genome perk action Sphere, on top of giving 125 to all offense, all defense, and increasing crit chance by 25 should also have a 25% nano damage multiplier while lasting 25 seconds with a 120 second lockout, while the parallel Nanomage primary genome perk action, Synthesize, should have a 25% nano damage multiplier, a 50% healing multiplier and last only 20 seconds with a 150 second lockout?

I do not see how this is balanced. Solitus should not be better at nano damage than Nanomages. If FC implemented these suggestions, they would be, given that their 25% nano damage perk would be up 21% of the time against 13% for Nanomages (not to mention the AAD buff that goes around with it).

I agree with the proposed changes to Synthesize actually, but it doesn't make any sense to me to make Sphere a better (or even comparable, really) nano damage booster than Synthesize.

Quote Originally Posted by JustinSane4 View Post
    Just to clarify: You feel the Solitus primary genome perk action Sphere, on top of giving 125 to all offense, all defense, and increasing crit chance by 25 should also have a 25% nano damage multiplier while lasting 25 seconds with a 120 second lockout, while the parallel Nanomage primary genome perk action, Synthesize, should have a 25% nano damage multiplier, a 50% healing multiplier and last only 20 seconds with a 150 second lockout?

I do not see how this is balanced. Solitus should not be better at nano damage than Nanomages. If FC implemented these suggestions, they would be, given that their 25% nano damage perk would be up 21% of the time against 13% for Nanomages (not to mention the AAD buff that goes around with it).

I agree with the proposed changes to Synthesize actually, but it doesn't make any sense to me to make Sphere a better (or even comparable, really) nano damage booster than Synthesize.
    So you're saying Nanomage Enforcers should be better with boosting nanodamage than Solitus NTs? Interesting...

This is why Breed perks shouldn't boost profession specific things.
    Member of Spartans
    Hacre/Solitus/Keeper/220/29/70 - Ninpopotamus/Solitus/NT/220/30/70 - Charmming/Opifex/Crat/220/30/70
    in the end soldier is not Op or even near from that never was never will be just for the record only keepers are the ones before soldiers on the nerfest list
    Genius at work.

Nanomage enforcers are not better at boosting nano damage than Solitus NTs. From perks alone (with the new perks as we presently know them), the Solitus NT can get static +36 nano damage, along with a perk action that gives +20 nano damage for 30 seconds. The Nanomage enforcer with nanobreed primary perked, either as currently constituted or with twice the duration and half the nano damage boost as this thread suggests, is vastly inferior. It's not as if the only option to boost nano damage comes from nanomage breed perks.

Personally I think that it makes sense that Nanomages, considering that from an RP standpoint Nanomages are supposed to be far more attuned to the nano cloud that other breeds, would be slightly better at nano damage than other breeds. I don't think that allowing them that option is necessarily a bad thing, so long as it does not result in damaging imbalance, either within a profession or between professions.

Personally I think that it makes sense that Nanomages, considering that from an RP standpoint Nanomages are supposed to be far more attuned to the nano cloud that other breeds, would be slightly better at nano damage than other breeds. I don't think that allowing them that option is necessarily a bad thing, so long as it does not result in damaging imbalance, either within a profession or between professions.
    You're right and the Nanomage Genome lines makes a massive gap between Nanomage NTs and other breeds.

Everything in each line should of course be unique/based on things that breed is good at, but should be around the same strength as the Solitus stuff. Apart from the Blockers I think the Opi line is also pretty good, although it's a shame for twinks that the blind perk got a big nerf.

None of the perks should generate a no brainer of prof+breed choice it certainly shouldn't leave people who didn't roll Breed A wishing they had after the change.

Not without being able to petition a breed change anyway. Rerolling a TL3 twink is one thing, rerolling a decked out 220/30/70 toon is entirely another.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

I'll defer to your greater experience on the nanobreed primary gene as presently constituted creating a grave imbalance between NM NTs and the other 3 breeds. I may have mis-interpreted, but I had thought that when you said you agreed with the OP that you felt halving the nano damage boost and doubling the duration while eliminating the nano cost reduction would result in a balanced perk.

My objection was not to the proposed changes to the nanobreed primary perk, but to adding the nano damage to the solitus line. I don't see why solitus should necessarily be better at nano damage than opifex, and I don't think at all that they should be better than nanomage. I don't see where having Solitus NTs better at nano damage than Nanomage NTs makes much sense at all, but that would be the result if the OPs proposals were all implemented.

I'll defer to your greater experience on the nanobreed primary gene as presently constituted creating a grave imbalance between NM NTs and the other 3 breeds. I may have mis-interpreted, but I had thought that when you said you agreed with the OP that you felt halving the nano damage boost and doubling the duration while eliminating the nano cost reduction would result in a balanced perk.

My objection was not to the proposed changes to the nanobreed primary perk, but to adding the nano damage to the solitus line. I don't see why solitus should necessarily be better at nano damage than opifex, and I don't think at all that they should be better than nanomage. I don't see where having Solitus NTs better at nano damage than Nanomage NTs makes much sense at all, but that would be the result if the OPs proposals were all implemented.
    Oh I missed that.

Adding nanodamage to the Solitus line is equally if not more stupid despite the fact that it'd suit my Soli NT just fine. That said I've also no idea why Solitus gets 25% Crit. How many Solitus MAs are there? Or Agents?

It seems to be that the consensus is that Breed Genome perks should all be -awesome-. This suggests to be a broken perk design in the first place. If each profession had an abundance of wicked perks that they could choose from there'd be no need for people to want to spend 10 perks in one of the Genome lines.

Each of the proposed Genome lines would all be better off as Group perks.

Don't nerf Wit of the Atrox, instead add it as a Group line for evade professions.
    Don't change Mongo Rage, add it as a Group line for heavily perk reliant professions (Keepers Enforcers Shades and maybe Agents).
    The majority of the Nanomage breed perks should be in a group line for NTs/MPs/Crats/Doctors/Engineers and maybe Traders.
    Most of the Opifex perks should be in a Group line for Fixers/Crats/Shades/MAs.

Again there should be nothing, NOTHING, on the General tab, ever, at all, that should decide what breed+prof combo you roll. There should be enough advantages/disadvantages to rolling the breed+prof combo you choose, with only a SLIGHT influence from more mediocre, "nice to have but not game breaking" breed perks.

The old Solitus line and the new Opifex line are imho the most powerful any breed genome perks should be.

But then I'm also of the opinion that there shouldn't be alpha and beta lines, just a single 10 perk line with a favouring of stat buff for what that profession is worst at to aid in twinking.

For example, one Nanomage line that buffs all base stats but buffs Agi/Stam by more.
    Solitus buffs all base stats with no preferences.
    Opifex buffs all base stats with a preference to Str/Sta
    Atrox buffs all base stats with a preference to Int/Sense

Or whatever. The Solitus line would just have Tacky Hack, Survival and Sphere, in their current forms, TH at 3, Sphere at say, 7 8 or 9, Survival at 10.

Continue the trend for the other perks and ditch the useless ones like Feel.

Genome perks should be an "Oh cool, bonus" not a "I MUST roll this breed so that this Genome perk makes my Profession work".

Any profession reliant on, or being boosted -heavily- by anything in the Genome lines is either bad design of the profession/group perks for a profession, or bad design by overpowered breed perks.

That's pretty much it.
    Last edited by Hacre; Nov 17th, 2009 at 21:14:50.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

I vote NoGoal as a Dev!

seriously, more interresting things in your posts than in any patch notes or any FWM.
    LifeProvider Greleal
    LifeTaker,agroStealer Prozakro
    Guest Star Shagrani

Feed the hamster!ffs!
    Reborn through hate!
    "And we are the ones that want to chose,
    We'll slash your necks until you die
    Always want to play,
    Reborn through hate!
    But you never want to lose."
    Commands that the death shall rot your life

Quote Originally Posted by NoGoal View Post
    Breed perk lines:
    Atrox 2nd genome:
    My Way: It's self, only heals hp but it still heals for half the amount of survival? My suggestion would be 5k AoE taunt on 10m and a 350 hot every 2s for 20s. Would be useful to tank wannabees and a downside to others.
    My Own Fortress: change AC into layers. I'd see like 30k layers for 5s.
    MOF is getting changed into a 2-3k heal, right? Combine it with the HoT and it heals about the same as survival.

Breed perk lines:
    Solitus Alpha genome:
    Sphere: add +25% nanodamage mod to it.
    No, we don't need more nano dmg. How about making it give 125 MC instead to help land nukes?
    Eseb

Luckyspawn: spartans know all about pvp in BS /macro sparta /s THIS IS... SPARTA!!! \n /afk

Quote Originally Posted by Greleal View Post
    seriously, more interresting things in your posts than in any patch notes or any FWM.
    For his toons only though. :|

there are too many init debuffs in this game already.
    Yeah and 95% of them dont have any noticable effect.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    This is only really true for Doctors when it comes to being able to kill the target or not based on an init debuff.

Which is what makes the NM breed change even more silly in the face of what NM NTs could do with it, compared to what other breeds could do.

I do, as I mentioned in another thread, feel that Engineers could use access to these sort of perks though.
    Member of Spartans
    Genius at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Klod9002 View Post
    For his toons only though. :|
    Hard to talk about something you don't know much.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveHugeNick View Post
    Actually init debuffs have a huge effect once you are in negative numbers. Especially on nano init. Combine UBT + Muscular Malaise and your nanos will take a loooooooong time to cast. Add Malpractice and Dazzle with Lights over it and it's even worse. And now Notum Domination? That's way too much. I took doc for my example but it's the same with crats, MAs, enfos, ..

So it either needs to be changed to something else or put in the same line as another init debuff. The last wouldn't make much sense being a breed perk.

And that's for PvP. Now imagine in PvM when you have at least 2 profs with init debuffs which stack on each other. It totally ruins bosses.
    blah