Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Remove the annoying new sounds of adv. morphs ( wolf ) please !

Unhappy Remove the annoying new sounds of adv. wolve morph please !

Hello,

i really like AO ... but the new sounds of the adventurer wolve morphs are incredible annoying ! For Example Playful Cub.

Allready one single wolve is annoying but yesterday i did an AI raid with 6 people who were morphed into wolves. I had to turn off the sound of AO because it was not acceptable anymore.

So imo, funcom, its better remove the sounds!

edit: Or atleast lessen the frequency and the volume.
    Last edited by Travelstar; Aug 31st, 2006 at 15:06:04.

If it's annoying for you, just delete/change some files from Anarchy Online\cd_image\sound\sfx\creatures directory.
    220 clan agent @ Rimor

anarchy-online.pl

I smell the need for a new AO Third party tool :P
    Lord "Khalem" Trevallien -=- Fixer Kingpin, proud officer and Loremaster of Ancarim Iron Legion
    Sir "Eoemar" Trevallien -=- Supreme Creator
    http://ao.shadow-realm.org/ - The Shadowlands Library -=- http://ai.shadow-realm.org/ - The Alien Invation library
    http://bebot.shadow-realm.org/ - BeBot - An Anarchy Online Chat Automaton
    http://aodevs.com/ - Anarchy Online 3rd party developers resource

"Frustration is not a good emotion when it comes to playing games."
    -- Former AO Game Director Marius Enge

Well the leet noises are cute.. the purring in saber when not fighting is tolerable.. but really is there any need to hear yourself barking every single time you hit something? Imagine a large raid where the majority of people are morphed, quite annoying if you ask me.
    ---------
    Baked18::220/24 Adventurer
    Letitbe::213/15 Soldier
    Kinky::170/13 Agent
    Karmapolicex::165/15 Shade
    ---------
    ::::::::: Sell me your CRU! ::::::::: (Always buying!)
    ::::::::: Buy my Lead Bots! ::::::::: (Always farming!)
    ---------

I never have sounds on so doesnt bother me :P

If it bugs you that much, as Pipboy said do that, or just turn off your sound :P not like there i smuch new to hear after a years play anyway

Well as my main is an adventurer and I'm morphed 90% of the time i'm logged in, and i find it useful to have sounds on for pvp, it's a bit annoying :P Not going to turn my sounds off but would rather not hear myself bark everytime i hit someone
    ---------
    Baked18::220/24 Adventurer
    Letitbe::213/15 Soldier
    Kinky::170/13 Agent
    Karmapolicex::165/15 Shade
    ---------
    ::::::::: Sell me your CRU! ::::::::: (Always buying!)
    ::::::::: Buy my Lead Bots! ::::::::: (Always farming!)
    ---------

So you want to morph into an animal, gain their advantages but not their vocals ? Quite frankly wolves roaring are much better then wolves going "pewpew".

I always have my mp3 player on
    Sakuranbo 220 MA
    Kyuutihoni - 216 FIX
    Darksister 215 MP
    Foxycrat 195 CRAT
    Nanozaps 185 NT
    Islashjoo 184 ENF
    Shadydream 169 SHADE
    Ryogasama 162 ENG
    Nekonuku 160 ADV
    Starrynyght 160 AGENT
    *And many more!*
    *Proud Advisor of Bug Busters* (RK2)

Kind of off topic, but what sound does leet make if any? I play with my sound off and servers are down so I havent had a chance to see. :P
    Transcendence[OT-RK1]
    Luvr - 220/21 Fixer | Medithor - 220/17 Doctor

The idea of adding more sound to the game is cool...but there is a def. problem here that needs to head back to the drawing board.
    Proud member of Athen Paladins

A toggle would be nice - it's a good idea to have the sounds, but they do wear a bit thin after a while.

would have been far better imo to have had the sound activate on a crit.
    Theonara: "...but if I weren't married, some days I'd offer to kiss you. You just make too much sense. "
    Maeventura: "Sigh, once again I can but only bow for hyde's wisdom."

...."Social" keys, lightbars, wen-wens......Better tabbing!

... First Troxdoc with QL300 symbs (AO 17.0 pre-Albtraum guide) ... as well as first with 12 of 13 Alpha symbs.
    ... First TL1 Clanner with Omni-Armed Forces armor (pics) (pointless yet hawt)

<original UI hacker ... when not actively playing AO ... email = 'hyde [at] athenpaladins • org'>

bark everytime i hit someone
    Hold on a second. Did you play the game after the last patch ?

I am talking about the sound that is ALLWAYS there no matter if you do something or not when you are in wolveform.

And no , im not turning off my sound, it adds atmosphere overall ( like windblows , rain ). I will probably delete the sound files but thats not what Funcom really wants huh ? There should be an option to turn such sounds off or they should just not be added. Im not talking about leet sounds or actions sounds but a constant , loud sound loop , such as the one of the wolf morphs. Personally i also dont like they warbot sounds and almost all of the mp pets but thats not such a problem.
    Last edited by Travelstar; Aug 31st, 2006 at 08:01:37.

\Anarchy Online\cd_image\sound\sfx\creatures\wolf

rewrite with empty wav files
    Odinochka 220/30/70 Sol Veteran of Punk
    Linadoc 220/29/70 Doc Advisor of Punk

FINALLY. The adv nerf we have been waiting for!
    New Engine - Announced: June 2007 ETA: Soon™ I'm speechless (June 2015)
    Rebalancing - Announced: January 2009 ETA: December 21, 2012 Started! (April 2015)
    New TL7 Pets - Announced: March 2009 ETA: Uh...
    AS Changes - Announced: July 2009 ETA: TBA
    Parry/Riposte - Announced: October 2009 ETA: ??? Did it! (April 2015)
    Perk Changes - Announced: October 2009 ETA: Right after server merge Started! (April 2015)
    Breed Change - Announced: November 2009 ETA: Hell freezing They did it!!! (Oct 2012)
    Beta Server - Announced: January 2010 ETA: Pigs Flying Did it! (Feb 2014)

We're going to evaluate this one, and I'm almost sure we'll have to remove it (*sob*), but there's a bunch of stuff right now that's got priority over this, so please have some patience :-)

I havent had any problems with this, mainly cuz i have only seen 1 cub

But just imagine a apfraid where 75%+ are morphed, lawl XD
    Gender 'Blackdog' Bender 220/26 Soldier
    Den 'Beskyddaren' Utvalde
    220/18 Keeper
    Kane 'Blacrat' Lives 218/15 Bureaucrat
    Bleeding 'Rofflewaffle' Screaming 180/13 Shade
    Den 'Tempelherren' Trofaste 165/19Fixer

My AO vids:
    Boom! Aimedshot!
    Still Online!

Quote Originally Posted by Travelstar View Post
    Hold on a second. Did you play the game after the last patch ?

I am talking about the sound that is ALLWAYS there no matter if you do something or not when you are in wolveform.

And no , im not turning off my sound, it adds atmosphere overall. Personally i also dont like they warbot sounds and almost all of the mp pets but thats not such a problem.
    Well, based on your ignorance of join dates on the forums, I imagine the person you quoted has been playing(paying for?) the game much longer than you have. I don't see how the constant engi/mp pet sounds are any different from the morph sounds. The bots/demons make a constant noise whenever they are casted, just like the morphs do now. Its the pet user's decision to keep the pets up or not, just like its yours to keep the morph running. Either A) get used to it, or B) deal with it by replacing the wave files or turning sounds off. Easy, eh?

btw, I know several Adventurers who are loving that their morphs finally make a sound to go along with the look.
    Villagebike - 220/22 Metaphysicist - Rebuilding
    Fyxi - 220/25 Fixer - Schtuff
    Nullnvoid - 164/6 Keeper - Supahgimp
    Skrappy - 150/2() Agent - wtb axpeh pl0x
    Irolldadvlol - 60/2 Adventurer - Ubahgimp

Quote Originally Posted by Means
    "FC Nerfsquad" When I have that made into a t-shirt I'll give you full credit.
    Join Primal Instinct in Age of Conan
    give it some love

Quote Originally Posted by Enno Rehling View Post
    We're going to evaluate this one, and I'm almost sure we'll have to remove it (*sob*), but there's a bunch of stuff right now that's got priority over this, so please have some patience :-)
    sounds like the patch didn't go over too well

community says but I think we have a bunch of whiners in here.
    They are trying to make the game better, guys. No need to yell at em for it.

Earlier I was inna team with 2 Wolves. 1 was me.
    Didn't hear anything new. wasn't listening tho :/
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast