Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: AO Comic, now AO Movie? OMG!

Quote Originally Posted by Windkeeper View Post
    No script received as of yet....still hoping.
    Hoping that someone writes one for you or hoping that you can finish it before FC goes bankrupt? =)
    Semper Fi! Nuts since 2004.

Awsome: I may be your Huckleberry.

Windkeeper...I feel your passion in wanting to create an AO Movie.

I've been a paying AO customer since 2001. I've never once canceled my account. I actually have two paying accounts and none of my toons are over lvl 200 lol. Man, I'm hyped now. The efforts you've made to rally up an interest for an in-game movie is awesome, and you are looking for a script!? POW, a coincidence....I think not.
    I'm currently bouncing between two phases:
    1.) The idea has been in my head for about 2 years. I wanted 2007 to be the year for me to make it happen so I'm in the scripting process as we speak.
    2.) I've also been trying to read as much as I can of the stories already created as well as a refresher with the AO time line and the Prophecy book (which I own). I've already found some similarities with other player made stories in relation to permanent death. (I was devastated)

Written below is my cover intro for the Celtx scripting program.

21 Dec 2006
    AO: Life Cycle

My objective is to tell a story that I've created and express it in the form of Machinima. I will be using Celtx to create a script which will help organize a collaborative effort in the manifestation of my story.

Machinima is on a major uprise. Cinema created on one's personal computer (machine). It's an avenue to express oneself using "player characters" as actors in a Massive Multi player Online Role Playing Game(MMORPG) environment. One of the most popular of Machinima is the game, World of Warcraft(WoW).

The story/script I will be sharing is base on my first MMORPG from the company Funcom called, Anarchy Online(AO). The original story the game is based on "Anarchy Online: Prophet Without Honor", which is written by Ragnar Tornquist. The content of AO is still living and growing, ever changing based on new content added from Funcom and the players of AO since 2001. The content of my story will not change the fundamental in-game storyline. I only intend to present a script which is focused on the relationships of a few key non-storyline characters and there personal story in the Anarchy Online world.

Anarchy Online is the first SciFi based MMORPG as well as one of the oldest MMORPG out on the market. To some degree it has far out lived it's life expectancy. The graphics and functionality compared to todays MMORPG's dates it's self. But, my goal is to be creative in using the actual in-games scenes and animations. The level of production I would like have is based on the same concept production as the open source movie "Elephants Dream."

Sorry for the long @ss post. I will be opening my Celtx project soon for those who are interested in viewing the progress.

v/r
    HT on rK2
    Last edited by Highttower; Mar 6th, 2007 at 23:39:43. Reason: I was up late....Book title correction. sry. thx

Sounds like fun, but my suggestion is this.

Make a short one first. If you able to do that... and did enjoy doing it, then move over to next step.

2 hour movie will need a lot of work. If it end up bad then you get mad. ^^,

Just my suggestion, good luck.

Regards,
    Brunte.
    "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count.
    It's the life in your years." - Abraham Lincoln.

My AO movie: Anarchy Online: From my eyes
    My AO movie: Anarchy Online: From my eyes II

Main: Brunte - Enforcer - RK 1.

I agree with brute there about something short first before feature-film length. I would even say do something about 30-120 seconds long like a commercial for Fair-Trade etc. make a few simple scene transitions, camera movements, if you want a special effect I am sure some piece of 'high tech' could easily malfunction and burst into flames if not completly explode.
    Copperneedle 207 doc Ex-president Whisper's Edge
    -others on RK1 CLAN!-

New Perma-Resident to Test Live

Binarybits 220/26/70 President of :
    Loyal order of the Guinea pig

Will be any castings? :P

I'm interested in helping

/tell Karniceiro

and oh bump

Application for Assistant Writer's Position

I would LOVE to write. OMW to getting creative.
    Last edited by Taddi; Feb 17th, 2007 at 23:52:12.

is there anyway i can get in here for casting since im omni? i can roll an alt and dress him in social armor

./tell darktondrin (btw <3 your comics)
    Quote Originally Posted by Psythe View Post
    You kinda look like Criss Angel the MIND FREAK!!!

aw would have been fun if you wanted to do a CGI movie. 3d animation/game design is my major, yo. ;(

But if you really are going to do this, you ought to storyboard it out. Cinematography (camera angles, the way you frame your shots, rule of thirds yatta yatta yatta) is uber important.
    ~~
    RK2 Guernica - 220 (18) Mp
    RK2 Taotou - 180 (12) Doc
    + Assorted old toons I don't play anymore
    ~~
    ╞╤╧╪♥Gue♥ ╪╧╤╡
    [Vantura]: guerni can I get ssome loving
    To [Vantura]: I'm sorry, but you're clan. I'm omni. It would never work. I'm high maintenance. I need towers above TL 4. And none of those gay animal hats you guys wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Highttower View Post
    Windkeeper...I feel your passion in wanting to create an AO Movie.

I've been a paying AO customer since 2001. I've never once canceled my account. I actually have two paying accounts and none of my toons are over lvl 200 lol. Man, I'm hyped now. The efforts you've made to rally up an interest for an in-game movie is awesome, and you are looking for a script!? POW, a coincidence....I think not.
    I'm currently bouncing between two phases:
    1.) The idea has been in my head for about 2 years. I wanted 2007 to be the year for me to make it happen so I'm in the scripting process as we speak.
    2.) I've also been trying to read as much as I can of the stories already created as well as a refresher with the AO time line and the Prophecy book (which I own). I've already found some similarities with other player made stories in relation to permanent death. (I was devastated)

Written below is my cover intro for the Celtx scripting program.

21 Dec 2006
    AO: Life Cycle

My objective is to tell a story that I've created and express it in the form of Machinima. I will be using Celtx to create a script which will help organize a collaborative effort in the manifestation of my story.

Machinima is on a major uprise. Cinema created on one's personal computer (machine). It's an avenue to express oneself using "player characters" as actors in a Massive Multi player Online Role Playing Game(MMORPG) environment. One of the most popular of Machinima is the game, World of Warcraft(WoW).

The story/script I will be sharing is base on my first MMORPG from the company Funcom called, Anarchy Online(AO). The original story the game is based on "Anarchy Online: Prophecy", which is written by Ragnar Tornquist. The content of AO is still living and growing, ever changing based on new content added from Funcom and the players of AO since 2001. The content of my story will not change the fundamental in-game storyline. I only intend to present a script which is focused on the relationships of a few key non-storyline characters and there personal story in the Anarchy Online world.

Anarchy Online is the first SciFi based MMORPG as well as one of the oldest MMORPG out on the market. To some degree it has far out lived it's life expectancy. The graphics and functionality compared to todays MMORPG's dates it's self. But, my goal is to be creative in using the actual in-games scenes and animations. The level of production I would like have is based on the same concept production as the open source movie "Elephants Dream."

Sorry for the long @ss post. I will be opening my Celtx project soon for those who are interested in viewing the progress.

v/r
    HT on rK2
    Anarchy Online: Prophecy? I haven't heard of that anywhere... are you sure you don't mean Prophet Without Honour?

I don't know of a Prophecy, either. Not in the download section of AO media. If you have a link, please post. I'd be interested in reading it.

Quote Originally Posted by Taddi View Post
    I don't know of a Prophecy, either. Not in the download section of AO media. If you have a link, please post. I'd be interested in reading it.
    agreed, I'm reading Prophet Without Honour AGAIN to get me back into the RP spirit of AO... I think there should be a test that froobs go through to play AO for free, that test is a questionaire about Prophet Without Honour, to make sure they read it that way those that do read it, will love AO as much as we do!

This seems like quite the idea...

I'd be willing to offer character, ingame creds *Buy some clothing ;P*, and my voice.

Send a pm, email, or /tell Tanisthonus. I can get you a link to another voice project I'm wroking on.

writing i can do.

wanna know what i've done? iv written (but have yet to publish) a full length novel (not concerning AO) and I'm in the works of writing a second one. I cannot claim to be the best at it nor the one for the job, but I can offer my skills and resources to aide in what ways I can.

if you have ideas for a script I am open to hear them or if you wish for me to use my ideas i can create a draft/summery fairly easy
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

I feel dumb...who said," Prophecy"?

I'm such a n00b. I made the correction in my first post about "Anarchy Online: Prophet Without Honor" uuhhh did I ever mention that it's an AWESOME book!

No disrespect to the Author and loyal AO fans.

Work has been whoopin my @ss and haven't made time for the script. But, not a day goes by without me jotting a note or two down on scrap paper of character development ideas and story progression etc. I even keep a sketch pad next to my bed for when I wake up with ideas....I jot it down.

V/r
    HT

I'll voice over for heck-noob, those are always fun.

whoa. I quoted myself....
    Quote Originally Posted by Sefus View Post
    I had a cool idea just now...

It goes along with the episodes thing.
    I don't know maybe.

Episode 1: Welcome to Rubi-Ka (Anarchy Online)
    Episode 2: The Notum Wars
    Episode 3: A Portal Has Been Opened (The Shadowlands)
    Episode 4: Alien Invasion
    Episode 5: Lost Eden

Now I realise thats probably jumping ahead a bit but, just an idea I had just now
    Not too early for this NOW is it?
    I think it would be cool. Also a great way to tell the story of AO...

and hell most of the story is already there.
    which means less writing. which seems to be where we are stuck atm.

$0.02
    Joe "Sefus" Werkit 212/17
    Squad Commander - PR - Recruitment
    3305 Local

For those budding artists RPers/Actors/Writers out there whom might like to work on a graphic novel even if in precursor to such a movie, as graphic novels are highly detailed story boards, please check out this thread below as it is a project I have been scheming up for a few months contacting people getting opinions and planning how to move forward with it.

Tri-factional AO Graphic Novel
    Last edited by Xaun; Mar 7th, 2007 at 02:07:15.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaun View Post
    For those budding artists RPers/Actors/Writers out there whom might like to work on a graphic novel even if in precursor to such a movie, as graphic novels are highly detailed story boards, please check out this thread below as it is a project I have been scheming up for a few months contacting people getting opinions and planning how to move forward with it.

Tri-factional AO Graphic Novel
    Niiiice!

Ehem, TEST AO MOVIE FOOTAGE if you missed it.
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Someone get on this! =P
    Twitch Channel - Youtube Channel - Twitter - Facebook - Pinterest
    AO Universe - By Players, For Players! The #1 AO Fansite Worldwide - Site Founder (Retired). | AOSpeak - Unofficial AO Teamspeak 3 Server - Founder (Retired). | AO Recipebook - In-Game Recipe/Tradeskill Bot - Founder (Retired).
    Founding member of the Council of Truth Clerical Staff.
    Keep in mind: My posts are my own personal views and thoughts.

Heh, that sounds pretty interesting. Unfortunately, I wouldn't be able to take part in such an ambitious project--not before 2010, if everything goes well and I actually pass my competitive exam on the first attempt. But I can give, uhh, moral support. And ideas, if some happen to cross my mind.

I used to edit videos about 2 years ago, but as others have already mentioned it, it's pretty time-consuming, and then nothing is completely achieved until you've found the proper video and sound compression to apply (ohh, the lovely 4-minutes long MPEG that took days to download because they were 300 Mb large >.<). XviD used to be pretty good at the time, although that was with raw sources... does FRAPS use compression, by the way, or is it lossless?

Hmm, maybe voice acting for a very minor role, if it's not during school year... Oh, well. In any case: good luck with the project!
    Jen Markarian - Put the weirdness back in Omni-Mining
    Updating my stories -- 19/03/08. Going slowly, but certainly
    Anarchy Reloaded - AO webcomics for the sake of being silly

I never want to lose what I have finally found
    There's a requiem
    A new congregation
    And it's telling me: go forward and walk
    Under a brighter sky
    -- Delerium, Euphoria --

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast