Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lockout animations are great - extend them please!

Lockout animations are great - extend them please!

Yes, as said.

I love to see how all my perk specials are recharging.
    But could you maybe extend it to -all- things that lock on something and can be put on hotbar?
    Example: Stims, rechargers. Weapon specials. Flurry. Totw and other rings, grafts, sharp objs,
    MA specials, pill packs, totw and IS pads, special arrows etc.

Would be really great.
    Last edited by Accomplice; Feb 19th, 2009 at 23:04:56.

and make it work with other GUIs too plox xD

Yeah, they rock, definite bump.
    210/18 Solitus Ranged Advy RUSTINEL * GARRZ Soldier Solitus 166/21
    145/18 Solitus Engineer DROIDAGE * AVYLORAN Keeper Solitus 161/14
    97/10 Solitus Metaphysicist MEHFIS * ZHERE Nanotech Nanomage 85/9
    Operator SCARCITY Fixer Opifex 49/5 Only TL2 Fixer solo title 7, all servers
    The Smuggler's Tale
    New Beginnings

Advisor of Shattered Dreams and Lumen Orien

Co-founder of Lumen Orien

wtb this working on shadowbreed, too
    Waiting for a cure.

I suspect there are bigger technical challenges with those... though I agree it'd be really nice to have.
    "Do not try and catch the hamster... that's impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth... There is no hamster, only a deadbeat rollerat..."

[Social] Means: I don't think we removed any bosses because of bad pathing...there wouldnt be any left if we did :P

AO Character Skill Emulator and Character Parser and AO Implant Layout Helper

It would be at least real handy, since now, some stuff on the hotkey bar does count down while other stuff (mentioned in OP) just stays greyed out .

Quote Originally Posted by Mostadio View Post
    wtb this working on shadowbreed, too
    It does not work on shadowbreed?

Shadowbreed is the one thing I really thought needed this timer-update >.<
    Veteran of Equilibrium

Well, it sure would be nice if slow recharging stuff like dimach, or the absorb tank from foremans, or motr and stuff like that would have such a lockout animation as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Accomplice View Post
    Yes, as said.

I love to see how all my perk specials are recharging.
    But could you maybe extend it to -all- things that lock on something and can be put on hotbar?
    Example: Stims, rechargers. Weapon specials. Flurry. Totw and other rings, grafts, sharp objs,
    MA specials, pill packs, totw and IS pads, special arrows etc.

Would be really great.
    qft and wep swaps 2
    ◄ Ajukusoja 220/30 | Stabby 220/24 ►
    ◄ Peyotes 165/14 | Sekacha 150/19 ►
    [All Retired]

i absolutely DETEST the lockout timers :P

i know exactly when my perks are going to be ready once they land or fail to, courtesy of the timer in my brain

but my problem with them isn't a holier than thou PvP timing and skill issue, it's the fact that they don't look very clear, and that having 20 or 30 different countdowns on your hotbars at the same time is just a confusingly ridiculous amount of visual spam when i'd much rather be looking primarily at my target and their actions

i was told there's no way to disable them but haven't had time to look for myself

but if not, if i use a different GUI will that get the **** rid of them?

F10>GUI>Misc - 2 bottom options?

I like them for perks, but not for nanos. Wish there was a way of turning them off for nanos only.

Also, I find it very annoying that now all nanos on hotbars are grayed out when i cast a nano. Makes for lots of flickering which hurts my eyes. Same when the proc on my weapon fires. All nano icons on the hotbars are grayed out for a split second, very annoying.

Wtb separate controls in the F10 menu for nanos and perks.

About SB, I don't know if a timer would fit in there. Altho being able to check if it's up without actually using it would be really nice.

Edit: okay, just checked .. even if you turn off the 2 options in F10 menu, all nano icons still gray out when you cast a nano. Wtb old way back, this is seriously hurting my eyes.
    Last edited by Deathorglory; Feb 20th, 2009 at 15:16:06.
    Jake "Deathorglory" Harper
    Omni-Trans, Security Division

Oh my god your sensitive eyes!!!11111

Also they as far as I know work fine with custom guis. If it doesn't work with whichever you're using, that needs to be updated.
    Last edited by Mastablasta; Feb 20th, 2009 at 15:34:13.
    Thor Mastablasta Hammersmith - Level 220, AI 30, LE 70 Clan Atrox Nano Technician - Setup
    The Red Brotherhood

I'm a Nano-Technician, don't ever expect me to fight unbuffed, alone or fair.

Means: about f'ing time :P
    Satenia: heresy <3
    Znore: Mastablasta <3
    Kinkstaah: I have agro from many mobs ;(
    Madarab: we are aoe class, we are supose to use pistols
    Marxgorm: the NT toolset does not fit into my raiding tactics

Quote Originally Posted by Mastablasta View Post
    Oh my god your sensitive eyes!!!11111
    Well aren't you a funny one... Yes, my sensitive eyes. I play trader, i cast nanos all the time and I have tons of them on 4 different hotbars. It annoys me to see the 4 hotbars constantly graying in and out.

This should have a setting just like the nobob camera does.
    Jake "Deathorglory" Harper
    Omni-Trans, Security Division

Quote Originally Posted by Deathorglory View Post
    Well aren't you a funny one... Yes, my sensitive eyes. I play trader, i cast nanos all the time and I have tons of them on 4 different hotbars. It annoys me to see the 4 hotbars constantly graying in and out.

This should have a setting just like the nobob camera does.
    If you go into your F10 -> GUI -> Misc -> options ... you'll see it does.

PS. This needs to work on SB. And fixers need a "fake" icon that gets timed out for 6 hours. THEN this feature will be done
    Last edited by Doctorhyde; Feb 20th, 2009 at 17:45:10.

Here's some more opinions!

Dithering is a horrible option, my eyes try to compensate and unblur the icon by default.
    It's visually distracting, especially if I'm trying to remind myself which nano I'm getting ready to activate.
    Changing the background colour, or perhaps adding a tiny red box in a corner while the nano is unavailable? I'd rather like to be able to still make out the icons.

'course, since I'm a relative newbie compared to the rest of these forumites, maybe I don't get a say.

Gotta love people b*tchin' about stuff that can be toggled on & off using the menus...

Don't love the grayout effect ? TURN IT OFF !

As for the timers themselves, it'd be much appreciated if the timers would be seen on other items besides nanos/perks as already noted above (MotR/grafts/shadowbreed/MA attacks/etc...)

And can you please put a black outline on the timers themselves ? It's kinda hard seeing yellow text on white(-ish) perks background.
    zDD - a Damage/HEALS/Tanks/XP parser
    Quote Originally Posted by Vlain View Post
    yea...the best way to fix messed up game mechanics is by giving up item slots for new 'bug fix items'...like I said before, next we'll get the Staff of Pet Pathing and perhaps an Anti-LD Ring and how about some pants that make it so I don't get forced to autoface my opponent after casting a nano when I'm trying to run away...Combined Developer's Wear of Autoface Resistance, and maybe some new symbs with broken quest resistance, oh, and how could I forget the upgrade to the scuba gear that adds Rubberbanding Resistance...

One other change, after messing with my bior for moment, I though if minutes could be rounded to neareast full.

Also please add 0NCU pet-nano for offensive trimmer...
    Ekarona 220/30 Female Solitus Engineer, long term member of Northern Star and proper "poor" gimp.
    Ekaslave 220/low Female Solitus Trader, FLAT(TM) pricing TS, almost all can do!
    Ekaros almost there/almost there too Male Solitus Martial-Artist.
    Ekadv gimp/gimp Female Opifex Adventurer

Quote Originally Posted by CriticalDmg View Post
    Gotta love people b*tchin' about stuff that can be toggled on & off using the menus...
    But but, menus are so hard to use

Wtb on SB etc too
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast