Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Friday with(out) Means - Aug. 7th, 2009: how did this get here i am not good with com

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Club Amicus

Taken from the name of one of Rubi-Ka's suns, Amicus (The other is Animus).

Quoted from Votary, who originally named the suns: "For its serene and peaceful color, I chose "amicus." It is a Latin word that means friend, comrade or harmony between parties. With all the struggle happening on our planet (signified by Animus), what really matters? Your friends and comrade. The true ones will be there for you when you need them. When you are away from them, you can gaze into Amicus and not feel alone." OP here.

I believe this name is appropriate because:
    1. From the third club screenshot, it looks like you can see RK's suns.
    2. The club is located in Sunrise Station.
    3. Since the club is open to all factions, Votary's meaning can also relate to the friendship and camaraderie experienced in the escape that an orbital club might provide.
    You don't know me for a reason. I'd like to keep it that way.

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Event Horizon

Love all the communction comming out of fc now....keep it up
    If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom — go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kintaii View Post
    Quick note to you guys - The contest for naming the club is also open and available to the DNW peeps as well. In the case of two people submitting the same name, and assuming that name is picked to be one of the ten finalists, whomever posted it first gets the credit and (potential) prize(s).
    I suppose it would be safe to assume that if someone posts a name that was submitted by someone else in the July 24th FWM, the originator gets the credit, even if the originator posted another name in this week's thread?

I have seen at least 3 posted by someone other than the originator, but only one of them credited to the originator.
    Last edited by tazalanche; Aug 7th, 2009 at 21:52:54.
    Maybe™ is the new Soon™.
    Quote Originally Posted by Means View Post
    At heart I am a vindictive, heartless, ruthless bastard and behaving in any other way is an effort for me.™
    Our goal is to have a closed Beta running this year.™

Here it is, the win win wiiiiiiin name.
    We'r all members of it or most of us.
    But i have never seen it or heard of it other then in the quest so...

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Smokers lounge.

Acctually i might need to rethink my club suggestion, some fonts make it look like Strokers lounge and we dont want that now do we

Logo coming
    Last edited by iamtehgimp; Aug 7th, 2009 at 22:09:18.
    Open an account: $9
    Play the game: $10/month
    Follow FC development on AO: Priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    amgz! a dev replied to me a dev replied to me amg amg!!!!!

/faints
    hes not a dev. he just plays one on the forums, and sometimes on irc.

Level 1 to 300 in 8 Years! Pwn!
    - Join us on Discord! -
    AO WIKI!
    Arcanum!

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Totally Practical

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    That was the best wall-of-text-that-actually-says-nothing-whatsoever ever. Ever.
    lol so true

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Stardust we are

and ppl can just call it stardust :P
    Quote Originally Posted by Means
    ...I can't code in better leadership for the Clan faction.

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: One Step Beyond
    Cathryn "Vallikat" Thompon

Your queen of muffiny goodness!
    Director - Gridstream Productions --->Tune In Here

Member, GSP Dancers

Gunney: Lissunin ta GSP mayukz me wanna play... wut bettah reezun duz enee wun need?

Quote Originally Posted by Rktim View Post
    (Booo for "sanctuary"! To wuzzy and total starship troopers 3 ripoff boooo!)
    Impossible! There was a good book and a made for Video ( well, DVD i guess) movie.
    There is no more!!!

Quote Originally Posted by vallikat View Post
    One Step Beyond
    Specials?
    Last edited by Dogtrauma; Aug 7th, 2009 at 22:11:23. Reason: less but more
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Again, I can't say exactly what's going to happen, as we're still in the process of figuring all that out ourselves. But every profession, and at every level, will be examined.
    Very encouraging honestly, thanks for the reply.

Also for my name suggestion, a perfect logo could be the infinite sign overlapping the number 8

All you no-lifers suck at giving nightclub name It's a frigging nightCLUB not your nannies dressing room.

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: ANJELIQUE
    since 2005
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: OST Mackan
    Last edited by Notcrattey; Today at 05:51:45. Reason: Didn't actually edit it, was a mistake!

Quick note to you guys - The contest for naming the club is also open and available to the DNW peeps as well. In the case of two people submitting the same name, and assuming that name is picked to be one of the ten finalists, whomever posted it first gets the credit and (potential) prize(s).
    Does that count if someone took your name from the previous FwM? Cause technically a couple weeks ago is before now. (Thus posting it first compared to those in this Fw/oM)

To put it bluntly someone took my name idea (that I was planning on using while reading the OP) from two weeks ago and posted it here before me, do I; having originally suggested it, get the credit? Or do they get to steal my idea from then and submit it free and clear cause it's been two weeks?
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Quote Originally Posted by Eskarin View Post
    All you no-lifers suck at giving nightclub name It's a frigging nightCLUB not your nannies dressing room.

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: ANJELIQUE
    Sounds like a high-end women's fashion store in New York. Try again. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Ayria View Post
    Does that count if someone took your name from the previous FwM? Cause technically a couple weeks ago is before now. (Thus posting it first compared to those in this Fw/oM)

To put it bluntly someone took my name idea (that I was planning on using while reading the OP) from two weeks ago and posted it here before me, do I; having originally suggested it, get the credit? Or do they get to steal my idea from then and submit it free and clear cause it's been two weeks?
    I would think that they would take your original suggestion into account. After all, it is documented!
    You don't know me for a reason. I'd like to keep it that way.

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Evening Star

Nice post Brad
    Talita

̡*̡̡ ̴̡ı̴̴̡ ̡̡͡|̲̲̲͡͡͡ ̲▫̲͡ ̲̲̲͡͡π̲̲͡͡ ̲̲͡▫̲̲͡͡ ̲|̡̡̡ ̡ ̴̡ı̴̡̡ ̡͌l̡̡̡̡.

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemica View Post
    Sounds like a high-end women's fashion store in New York. Try again. :P
    Actually not really It is one of the best nightclub in the weld.
    since 2005
    FYI: Cola burns when it comes out your nose...I now know this because of you.

In your case, I'd say no. OP said 1 name and one name only, your post had six
    Polaris
    Polarity
    Quasar or Quasi-Stellar
    Singularity
    Event Horizon
    Quark Star + Station?
    It would hardly be fair to say you can lay claim to all names first.
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||Serve Omni-Tek
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT||||||||||||||||||||Join the ROTFLMAO
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT|||||||||||||||||||||||||
    OTOTOTOTOTOTO TOTOTOTOTOTO||||||||||||||||
    TOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOT
    OTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTOTO|||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Are there plans on improving the solo aspect? Sure, teaming is fine... when you can actually get a team. Which is just about impossible for anything but missions/dungeons/hecks.

SL in particular could use some work. A lot of the content seems like it was designed for a time when teams were much easier to come by, and the rewards are out of proportion with the work required.

ENTRY FOR NIGHTCLUB NAME CONTEST: Tequila Sunrise

Quote Originally Posted by Trousers View Post
    In your case, I'd say no. OP said 1 name and one name only, your post had six

It would hardly be fair to say you can lay claim to all names first.
    And I was going to reiterate all six of them as my one submission? Hardly, I had one in mind that I wanted to use upon reading that we had to limit it to one and it has already been taken by someone else who did not post it before me in the prior FwM.

Thus I am curious, others are narrowing down their lists to one and if there one submission turned out to be taken by another does Funcom consider it theirs or the person who first posted it this week?

Edit: And why would it be unfair even if I could lay claim to all six? I originally suggested them and there really doesn't seem to be a lacking of original names. Unfair to someone who uses a name I suggested? I don't think so, perhaps they should have thought to be original instead of just using a name they saw someone else suggest and act as if it was their own.
    Last edited by Ayria; Aug 7th, 2009 at 23:00:52.
    Enter the Information Age
    Proc Descriptions

Hunt, and be hunted: The Hunting Grounds | Alien Tower Field :Aliens, that really invade!
    Pet argo management: Servants Protection | Expand the Notum Silo :Make it worthwhile

Rimor
    Tesgri - 220|17|58 (Omni Agent)
    Leara - 220|25|62 (Omni Doctor)
    Ponygirl - 220|25|56 (Omni Bureaucrat)
    Means: "We have done way dumber things than this..."

Page 7 of 20 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 LastLast